any1 that has mass effect 3 for xbox 360 wants to team up for this weekends n7 challenge can add my gamertag tigs90
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Well... i'm playing Mass Effect 1 again (another playthough) and was just reading up on some of the planets and found this little gem.

Klencory is a rock and ice planet with an atmosphere composed of chlorine and argon. The frozen surface is mainly composed of potassium with deposits of iron.

Klencory is famously claimed by the eccentric volus billionaire Kumun Shol. He claims that a vision of a higher being told him to seek on Klencory the "lost crypts of beings of light." These entities were supposedly created at the dawn of time to protect organic life from synthetic "machine devils."
    Coincidence?

Deleted
    Well, that's my second playthrough finished. I'm surprised I managed to spend pretty much the same amount of time on my second playthrough like I did on my first. I figured it would go faster this time round but appearently not. The losses still felt as horrible as ever. I still god damn hate Banshees and the big charging fellas. I still didn't manage to make TIM shoot himself eventhough I did my very best to achieve it this time. But it was pretty fun trying to spot the things that back up the indoctrination theory. Made the last part a lot more bearable. I tried to spot some of the stuff that was new to me and I hadn't picked up on the first time: Shepard holding her left side from the exact spot where she shoots Anderson. The biggest thing that I had missed was the Catalyst's voice: if you listen carefully you can pick up both male [B]AND[/B] female Shepard's voices blended in with the Catalyst's boyish voice. It was a bit freaky to actually hear them both if I turned my head slightly. But overall I gained nothing new from this playthrough. I already experienced the exact same ending because I played with an ME2 import save so I got all the nice little hints on both times. I did manage to get my EMS above 5k this time, I guess that counts for something. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Well... i'm playing Mass Effect 1 again (another playthough) and was just reading up on some of the planets and found this little gem.

Coincidence?
    That planet is in ME3 as well. It has a funny comment on the end about all his mercenaries being ignored for now but likely to just be vaproized by the Reapers from space :P.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

btw, I just noticed ME1 and ME2 are both 50% ($10 each) off on Origin until March 19th.

Deleted
    Hmm.. Has anyone else who has been using the ME3 Datapad for iOS had it bug out? I'm missing out on a lot of the messages my squadmates were supposed to send me (I know at least Tali is supposed to send a drunkard message to you after you speak with her.) and even though I try to update I just get "0 messages". I haven't had any messages for ages and I have no idea what's up.

Deleted
    A quick random question..

Does anyone know for sure if you can get peace between the geth and quarians if you choose the renegade option to make Tali and Legion stop fighting and reprogram the geth in Legions loyalty mission?

In my first playthrough of ME3, I didn't have high enough score and later just told Legion that I lied to Tali to get him loyal but the quarians were all killed so now I have to play ME 2 again.

So first i got pissed off that udina is councillor even that i chose anderson in ME1, then i get pissed off because everyone keeps reminding me who they are and what have i done to them or how i helped them - obviously fuck loyal fans of ME series lets welcome all new paying customers. Then i get pumped on some really awesome missions with old companions from ME2 and main missions where you fight reapers. And final mission where it doesnt matter who you recruited, who survived in ME 1,2 finished by so vague ending.... oh god its slap in the face this game. Some nice missions and awesome moments (with wrex, grunt or mordin..) but everyting else is just wrong. I'd give this game 5/10 max.
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    A quick random question..

Does anyone know for sure if you can get peace between the geth and quarians if you choose the renegade option to make Tali and Legion stop fighting and reprogram the geth in Legions loyalty mission?

In my first playthrough of ME3, I didn't have high enough score and later just told Legion that I lied to Tali to get him loyal but the quarians were all killed so now I have to play ME 2 again.
    Iirc you can still get peace even if you were Renegade.
    Just make sure that you clear Tali of charges if you reprogram the Heretics, or destroy the base if you don't clear her of charges, that you solve their argument and that you do the other missions(side missions) on Rannoch first.

I still didn't manage to make TIM shoot himself eventhough I did my very best to achieve it this time
    If you import a savegame from ME 2, you need to continuously answer him with paragon charms. If you do not even do that once, the final paragon check will be greyed out.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    Iirc you can still get peace even if you were Renegade.
    Just make sure that you clear Tali of charges if you reprogram the Heretics, or destroy the base if you don't clear her of charges, that you solve their argument and that you do the other missions(side missions) on Rannoch first.
    Thanks, getting Tali cleared of charges is much easier than getting her to stop fighting with Legion. I had pretty high renegade score last time and the option was still grayed out. I think you need a full bar or something.

By the way i'm doing the N7 weekend so feel free to add "Toccs" in Origin if your up for some coopness

Quote Originally Posted by Flextt View Post
    If you import a savegame from ME 2, you need to continuously answer him with paragon charms. If you do not even do that once, the final paragon check will be greyed out.
    Curious, what happens if you do all renegade checks with him? I did notice he had a renegade answer at the end as well.

Deleted
    Aaaah. Bumped into this FANMADE alternative ending of ME3 and god damn even this is better than the real ones! This is a version where Shepard romanced Liara. I'll just toss it inside the spoiler tags since there's some spoiler-y stuff there: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fykfVUD23jA[/url]

Seriously though, go and god damn watch it!

And I could've sworn I did all the Paragon checks while I discussed with TIM and still I couldn't do it. I'm doin' it wrong.

Thanks, getting Tali cleared of charges is much easier than getting her to stop fighting with Legion. I had pretty high renegade score last time and the option was still grayed out. I think you need a full bar or something.

You don't need full bar for anything in ME2. You do need above 80% for almost anything, which is just starting on your 5th bar. (Solving any disputes after loyalty missions and getting Morinth into your team.)
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

That "True Ending" DLC rumor got my all hyped up. All weekend playing the first 2 again

Also, just to make sure: You need to accumulate 5 points over ME2 and ME3.
    ME2:
    +2 points if you destroyed the Geth base.
    +2 points if you freed Tali of all charges and got her loyalty. [Father not exiled]
    +1 point if you used Paragon or Renegade option to stop the fight between Tali and Legion.
    ME3:
    +1 point for each of the two side missions on Rannoch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or is the Battlefield 3 soldier getting both Adrenaline Rush AND Carnage ridiculously OP?
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Maybe that's simply how indoctrination works? I've never thought of it as full mind control, more of as a warping of the mind. Indoctrinated people can still be spoken to, and even reasoned with to a small degree, just look at Saren. Maybe indoctrination simply changes your perspective of things, by making you think that your actions are always in the right and will result in the greatest good. That's my theory anyway.
    But look at Benezia, going by the interaction with her on Noveria, indoctrination is pretty damn similar to mind control. Based on her being able to "snap out" of it long enough to give you a bunch of important information and then going back to trying to kill you, it seems like you can be fully aware that you are indoctrinated and still be under the Reapers' control.

As for the indoctrination ending idea as a whole...if it's true, then what's the point? The ending of the game is supposed to end the fucking game, tie the irritating loose ends up or at least make them clear. Sure if there was a sequel that ends up resolving it, fine (and DLC is NOT a sequel), but there won't be. If they do end up selling the "real" endings for cash, I'm not going to buy them. So here's the real ending of ME3 to me: (((SPOILER ALERT)))

Saren and Benezia described indoctrination as making Sovereign's or respectively Saren's arguments much more compelling to them, which kept them highly motivated and also highly functioning. They didn't perceive it as being directly influenced but rather steered in the direction Sovereign desired. Once they were able to resist it temporarily, they saw their wrongs.
    If the process is hastened, the target has low value or the overall intensity is increased, it is much more similar to actual mind control, which is usually accompanied by mental degradation. That's the reason the Collectors were stuffed full with cybernetics after several generations of cloning and conditioning to offset that loss.
    Cerberus seemingly decided to take the middleground. If you take EDI with you, she will often provide you with lots of background information on Reaper tech. They use Reaper tech to quickly create shock troops and thus evolved from a small splinter faction to a full-grown army via indoctrination and cybernetic augmentation on Reaper basis. TIM made a wager: He had hoped Sanctuary would bear fruits quickly enough to override the Reaper signal, so their own soldiers would not ultimately turn on them.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.