Deleted
    Might just had been Bioware not knowing how to end it so they bumrushed it and went with a "it was just a dream" kind of ending saying it was a myth.
    With everything that happened in the ending, Bioware managed to destroy anything that ever was Mass Effect in just 10 minutes.
    Final choice, in a game about choices affecting everything, not doing anything was a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    Finished my second playthorugh on Insanity, boy, i'm disappointed how they tuned down Insanity from ME1/ME2. The only real challenging part was Kai leng's final battle
    I noticed that insanity had been tuned down somewhat, but I think they also raised the lower difficulties a bit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Final choice, in a game about choices affecting everything, not doing anything was a laugh.
    It wouldn't have been so bad if they hadn't specifically emphasized how all your choices were going to affect the ending, when in reality the ending only hinges on one choice + your war assets.
    Last edited by Notos; 2012-03-18 at 12:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post

It wouldn't have been so bad if they hadn't specifically emphasized how all your choices were going to affect the ending, when in reality the ending only hinges on one choice + your war assets.
    War assets comes from your choices so its not entirly wrong.
    Also, you are given 3 choices - an beyond what happens directly on earth, you dont know what happens unless you think the king of reapers is telling the truth.
    And even then, you dont know what happens.
    No epilogue or anything.
    Just a bunch of 95% identical endings nomatter what you do.
    Feels like they ran out of ideas and decided to kill off everything that ever was ME (including the entire universe since the destruction of a mass relay wipes out the entire system) in just under 10 minutes and go with a "lol it never happened!"

Deleted
    Also, you are given 3 choices - an beyond what happens directly on earth, you dont know what happens unless you think the king of reapers is telling the truth.
    And even then, you dont know what happens.
    No epilogue or anything.
    Just a bunch of 95% identical endings nomatter what you do.
    Feels like they ran out of ideas and decided to kill off everything that ever was ME (including the entire universe since the destruction of a mass relay wipes out the entire system) in just under 10 minutes and go with a "lol it never happened!"
    Not really, only a minor amount of assets come from choices. You can still get 4000 or more with multiplayer even if you kill everything off and make all the "wrong" decisions. The main thing of getting them is just doing them, as in not skipping, instead of making the right choices. Like with the krogan, you can cure them, you can lie to them and you can kill Wrex to cover it up but in the end you still get their support. You can't do anything so wrong that you would lose it.

By doing the wrong things you mostly only lose characters worth 5-25 points and even without them, with total possible war assets of 8000ish, it doesn't change anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    No its not happening. Casey in some interview somewhere or another said somethign to that effect. He said the turn around time on this game was alot quicker since they knew they weren't making another one. The above twitter feeds lead me to suspect they have something in store in terms of a dlc either planned ahead of time or in response to user feedback. Either way I think it's fair to say something is coming down the pipe line.
    Imagine a ME where you can play through with a different character (smaller story, but would be awesome to get a different perspective on things).

"John Reaper"

Or a prequel around the time of the Krogan war.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Not really, only a minor amount of assets come from choices. You can still get 4000 or more with multiplayer even if you kill everything off and make all the "wrong" decisions. The main thing of getting them is just doing them, as in not skipping, instead of making the right choices. Like with the krogan, you can cure them, you can lie to them and you can kill Wrex to cover it up but in the end you still get their support. You can't do anything so wrong that you would lose it.

By doing the wrong things you mostly only lose characters worth 5-25 points and even without them, with total possible war assets of 8000ish, it doesn't change anything.
    Not even counting the ending, the war itself have only minor effect from choices?
    Im speechless.

Krogan are the bulk of your army with turians. You can lose quite a lot by screwing with Geth and Quarians, ignoring Aria, not doing exploration, or supporting the wrong NPC in those "support x or y" situations in citadel and in normandy. After all, there is a bare minimum you need and the game tries to give that to you.

Although, I would have liked an option to characterize a "Fuckall Shepard" and not be able to reach even the minimum, with a cinematic showing Reapers trolololol their way into your army and ending the trilogy. (Like the "everyone dies" ending in ME2. That ending is Canon if you achieve it btw.)

"Barely surviving the suicide mission himself, Shepard moves on to uniting an entire galaxy against the reapers. Ever the politician, Shepard's lack of a silver tongue results in Krogan - Salarian war as Palaven is burnt to an ash. Seeing this, Asari attempt to cover their own asses and fail horribly since this is the motherfucking reapers we are talking about not some batarian pirates. Since we mentioned batarians, yeap, they are all husks now. Strangely, there is an increase with their intellectual capability after their conversion by the reapers though. Not to worry, there is still the might of the alliance fleet who sacrificed one third of their ships to save some blue tail, an eye licker smart ass and some guy with a stick up his ass. To be honest we were able to do so much more, and I feel sorry for our attempts at trying to warn the idiots of this cycle."

Javik.
    Last edited by Scorage; 2012-03-18 at 01:35 PM.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Just entirely misleading and ingeniously deceptive.

Also, you are given 3 choices
    All 3 choice are functionally identical.

Deleted
    Watch this video and please tell me how much difference you see in them: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPelM2hwhJA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPelM2hwhJA[/URL]

I didn't even realise they were this similiar before watching that video. :|

EDIT: HAHAHAH. I love one of the response videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl6NY...watch_response (That's just a clip from SpongeBob SquarePants, should be spoiler free)
    Last edited by mmoc66a46237a3; 2012-03-18 at 01:53 PM.

Not even counting the ending, the war itself have only minor effect from choices?
    Im speechless.
    There is no effect on the war itself. It is guaraunteed to happen exactly like it does. The only significant effect is the choice of explosion colours.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I finished the game this Friday, and Its a great game until the last 10 minutes. All the choices I made, all the people i became invested in and helped apparently was all for naught. Its quite obvious where the previous lead writer jumped ship into KoR. I beat the game on hardcore, and was planning to play through again for the insanity achievement, but I can't play through when I know it does not matter what I do.

AI will always rebel against the creators?! bitch, please. I just united the geth and the Quarians, and EDI isn't killing people left and right. I just proved you wrong, annoying cliche holograph of some stupid kid who's death shouldn't be bothering me after I've killed thousands in previous decisions. I'm gonna guess Bioware just Googled Post-traumatic Stress Disorder like they did with Tali's face. Your argument is invalid, I want some real choices.

semaphore hit the gist of it, minus the effects of the Arrival DLC. According to that, when you destroy a Mass Relay, you unleash all that stored energy in it. Enough energy to destroy and entire Solar system. So unless they retconned that too, we just blew up hundreds if not thousands (we've only discovered a tiny percentage of the Milky Way, there were a considerable crapton that the Council was not blindly activating or have yet to discover) Solar systems, and possibly quadrillions of lives just ended. A real "rocks fall, everyone dies" ending. That impressive fleet in the Battle for Earth got vaped too since the Relay was orbiting Pluto. Good luck building back up the ME universe that drew everyone into the franchise for any future games you said you were planning

I don't buy the secret ending. So we're ripping off Battlestar Gallactica now too? So the descendants become a pack of technophobic degenerates that watched too much BS: Caprica and decided we can forget about the past except for its Jesus figure. This is why history repeats itself and why we can't have nice things.

There better be a retcon or revamp of the ending like Fallout 3 did. Bioware went off the left field with that ending, and its obvious this new writing team wanted to sound sophisticated and pull and Kubrick on us when its clear they are not clever enough or that sophisticated themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Play a Turian Sentinel if you're are bad. Armor for days and Overload is a very valuable ability especially past bronze. I haven't played gold but on silver I can take rockets to the face and shrug it off.
    It's not even that. Your own survival won't win the game. It can be difficult if you or your team mates get flanked or cornered, and you need to save them. It can be a domino effect sometimes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post

All 3 choice are functionally identical.
    My point.
    Also.

Throughout the games, whenever the Sheppard was told he can only do things in ways that will end badly - he/she always goes (regardless of renegade or paragon) "Screw you, im doing this MY way!" And then he pulls something ridiculous and saves the day.
    This time, he just went like a docile lamb, blindly trusting the thing that just admitted to being the leader of the reapers.

Quote Originally Posted by raist474 View Post
    There better be a retcon or revamp of the ending like Fallout 3 did. Bioware went off the left field with that ending, and its obvious this new writing team wanted to sound sophisticated and pull and Kubrick on us when its clear they are not clever enough or that sophisticated themselves.
    They might just go that the ending was just an indoctrinated hallucination, and the "choice" you took somehow affected the battle to be seen in ME4 (should it ever happen, unlikely)
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-03-18 at 02:05 PM.

i personaly dislike vanguards for charging like assholes across the map and then seeing that around the corner are 2 heavy hitters and they they die and hope that the rest of the team can just walk over to rezz them like nothing hapened so that they can do it again. (this obviously in silver dificulty and up, bronze is faceroll unless you got 2 banshes and a brute in the same place and somehow nobody has rocket launchers)
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    They might just go that the ending was just an indoctrinated hallucination, and the "choice" you took somehow affected the battle to be seen in ME4 (should it ever happen, unlikely)
    They flat out said they intend of making more games in the ME universe. But now they've painted themselves in a tight corner.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Imagine a ME where you can play through with a different character (smaller story, but would be awesome to get a different perspective on things).

"John Reaper"

Or a prequel around the time of the Krogan war.
    My Shepard was a Ruthless Earthborn. I always thought it would be cool to maybe play on Torfin. It really shapes his personality but you don't have many ways to make your own choices with it.

They flat out said they intend of making more games in the ME universe. But now they've painted themselves in a tight corner.
    If they ever make another ME game I'm sure it will still sell, but... Well, for me at least, after something like this, they've burnt a lot of goodwill.

Deleted
    Wasnt it more games that are as ME?
    Well if you are right, then it will be fun to see them get out of this, unless they do a prequel or a sidestory where you play as Conrad.

I would love to see a game featuring skyllian blitz, or in general, against batarians.

Rachni wars as a Krogan character could also be great.

Some new lore is also welcome. There is great potential in ME lore, likewise in DA lore. Tbh I like the directions in both games. (DA2 promised rise to power, it did that. I still dislike lack of environments though.)

I was confident in Bioware's writing department, up to the blast from Harbinger. However, if they pull off some stunt and give a real ending as a free DLC like the rumors and indoctrination theory is suggesting, I'll have confidence in them once again. Right now I'm very confused and rightly so.

Really, DA 2 and ME 3 are the two heavily criticized games, but other than their obvious flaws, (Lack of environment and ending) I enjoyed them very much. I was 57 hours in DA2 before I finished it and 33 hours for ME 3. If these games were as bad as the haters make it seem, I would have uninstalled them long before I got in to the story.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck prequels. If I want to go that unimaginative route, I'll play a Star wars game. At least George Lucas is honest about his unimaginative intentions.