Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Actually the Mako was great in ME1 and really fun. What made it terrible and boring were the random planet missions. They were just randomly generated rough terrain with nothing interesting there to see most of the time except driving. But having the Mako on missions like Feros and Ilos made them much more fun and made the places seem bigger than just a corridor and 3 rooms.
    I just feel like it's useless imo, besides for travelling. With Spectre gear and Tungsten / Shredder rounds your normal weapons are a major upgrade to the gun on the Mako. I just hop out whenever I see a turret and gun it down with my assault rifle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Cannibals are part human, part batarian. Their weapon arm is actually a human corpse.
    "Yo dawg, i heard you like hitting people so we put a corpse on your arm so you can hit someone with someone."

Quote Originally Posted by Deleo View Post
    Just a question that has been bugging me:

Anyone else pissed about reaper version of human race or is it just me? I mean compared to vangaurds and banshees, husks are rather sad and a bit insulting.
    Husks are the remains of humans whose genetic material was not deemed worthy to become a true Reaper, so they're made into cannon fodder. It's kinda mix-and-match in terms of insulting value. On one hand, humans are, as far as I can recall, the only race of the current cycle that are being ascended into true Reaper form, but on the other, they are the weakest of the Reaper ground forces.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Husks are the remains of humans whose genetic material was not deemed worthy to become a true Reaper, so they're made into cannon fodder. It's kinda mix-and-match in terms of insulting value. On one hand, humans are, as far as I can recall, the only race of the current cycle that are being ascended into true Reaper form, but on the other, they are the weakest of the Reaper ground forces.
    Besides humans have no real defining ability like the other races, Krogan the toughest species in this cycle, turians far stronger build than humans and have natural armor, every Asari is a biotic. The general human does not really stand out.

With the genophage cured Krogan would be another possibility as well. Asari might be able to be harvested as well, Harbringer did say they had a genetical weakness but did not say they couldn't be uplifted, which is the case with the other races.

“Quarian; considered due to cybernetic augmentation, weakened immune system too debilitating.”

“Drell; useless, insufficient numbers.”

“Human; viable possibility, aggression factor useful if controlled.”

“Asari; reliance upon alien species for reproduction shows genetic weakness.”

“Salarian; insufficient lifespan, fragile genetic structure.”

“Krogan; sterilised race, potential wasted.”

“Turian; you are considered...too primitive.”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post

“Asari; reliance upon alien species for reproduction shows genetic weakness.”
    I belive Liara said it best when she said "Sheppard, how would we survive long enough to explore other worlds if we could not mate with eachother?"
    They just prefer others for diverse genes, whereas a "pureblood" only have asari genes and as such, are not as diverse as others.

Was it ever said that purebloods were inferior, and not just the cultural belief?

Here is an unbiased, fact-based lay out of all 3 (+1) endings.

[B][COLOR="#FF0000"]Red[/COLOR] | Right | Destruction[/B]
    Shepard is sacrificed
    Reapers destroyed
    Friendly synthetic life is destroyed
    Citadel is destroyed
    Mass relays are destroyed
    Normandy's crew is stranded

[B][COLOR="#0000FF"]Blue[/COLOR] | Left | Control[/B]
    Shepard is sacrificed
    Reapers survive but are controlled by Shepard's consciousness
    Friendly synthetic life survives
    Citadel survives
    Normandy's crew stranded

[B][COLOR="#008000"]Green[/COLOR] | Middle | Synthesis[/B]
    Shepard is sacrificed
    All organic and synthetic life are "combined into a new framework. A new... DNA," and "synthesis is the final evolution of life."
    Reapers survive but cease hostility
    Friendly synthetic life survives
    Citadel is destroyed

[B][COLOR="#FF0000"]Red w/ 5000+ Assests and 95%+ Readiness[/COLOR] | Right | Destruction[/B]
    Shepard "survives"
    Reapers are destroyed
    Friendly synthetic life is destroyed
    Citadel is destroyed

Ending discussion points:

I am trying to wrap my head around all of the complaints; however, after viewing all of the endings, I see room for criticism.

I can accept the destruction of the citadel in the red and green endings, and destruction of the mass relays in all endings. Hell, the majority of every species combined military power is now stuck in the Sol System (except the Normandy). I think it would be very interesting to see how all of the species work together to rebuild mass relay technology while spending decades cramped together in the Sol System. If the reapers are still around (blue and green endings), I am sure they would greatly speed up the process of rebuilding the mass relays.

My main criticism is with regards to the Normandy.

The blue and green endings don't make sense. Why would a big blue wave of Shepard's consciousness, or a big green wave of magic that merges synthetic and organic life into a new "DNA," destroy the Normandy? I can compromise on the big red wave that destroys all synthetic life, because maybe it simply targets advanced technology, which includes the Normandy's engine and EDI. I'm sure that would cause the ship to crash, but not the other two.

However, the big red wave doesn't get off the hook here either. If the red ending can be understandably stretched to explain the Normandy crashing, then wouldn't it also cause the entire combined galactic fleet to come crashing down on Earth? I would imagine the debris from the citadel plus the combined galactic fleet crashing down on Earth would cause more destruction than the Reapers themselves.

This is all aside from the overall point that each ending is remarkably similar but with a different color and a different person emerging from the Normandy after its crash landing on an unknown garden world.

Do not get me wrong, the ending CHOICES are intricate and thoughtful, but the cinematics that follow are all far too similar and have parts that don't make a lot of sense. They don't need to change the choices or add new ones, but hopefully they will make a patch or DLC that can fix a few problems with the cinematics for each with more contrast and more SOMEWHAT realistic sense.

Hands down, THE GAME IS STILL EXCELLENT AND WORTH PLAYING!

The biggest problem I had with the Mako was that damn timed segment on Ilos. Everything that could go wrong, did--I almost ended up further away from the Conduit than when I started.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    I belive Liara said it best when she said "Sheppard, how would we survive long enough to explore other worlds if we could not mate with eachother?"
    They just prefer others for diverse genes, whereas a "pureblood" only have asari genes and as such, are not as diverse as others.

Was it ever said that purebloods were inferior, and not just the cultural belief?
    Well Harbinger said Asari had a genetic weakness as stated above, but if it excluded them from "ascension" isn't as clear as with the other species.

Purebloods are not inferior but like with every species there can be some inherent conditions, in the case of the Asari it would be the Ardat-Yakshi, who are only born if both parents were Asari.

Deleted
    Also for further note for anyone wanting to wrap their heads around the ending: A somewhat interesting breakdown of the endings

Well Harbinger said Asari had a genetic weakness as stated above, but if it excluded them from "ascension" isn't as clear as with the other species.

Purebloods are not inferior but like with every species there can be some inherent conditions, in the case of the Asari it would be the Ardat-Yakshi, who are only born if both parents were Asari.
    Who have also been responsible for multiple cases where the Asari faced possible extinction. The Ardat-Yakshi were and still are a big threat to Asari society, especially if they were to remain undetected.

What I find surprising, though, is that the Reapers did not want to use the Asari. While the existence of Ardat-Yakshi could be seen as a genetic flaw, they're still vastly superior to average Asari and could offer immense biotic strength to the Reapers.

Then again, they do work better when transformed, as the multiplayer shows quite well. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    Who have also been responsible for multiple cases where the Asari faced possible extinction. The Ardat-Yakshi were and still are a big threat to Asari society, especially if they were to remain undetected.

What I find surprising, though, is that the Reapers did not want to use the Asari. While the existence of Ardat-Yakshi could be seen as a genetic flaw, they're still vastly superior to average Asari and could offer immense biotic strength to the Reapers.

Then again, they do work better when transformed, as the multiplayer shows quite well. :P
    Would had been nice to have some banshees go in a team.
    Like Morinth-banshee taking two banshees under her command and have fun.

Ofcourse, one has to wonder; which is more frightening - getting assaulted by three banshees simultaneously, or being "seduced" by one with two roaring banshees behind her?
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-03-18 at 10:02 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ardat-Yakshi would be sterile, so if that excludes Krogans it would also exclude them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    Ardat-Yakshi would be sterile, so if that excludes Krogans it would also exclude them.
    Krogans arent sterile, just a genetic disorder that causes stillbirths.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-03-18 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post

Yeah they are a threat but I wouldn't say they are a threat to the survival of the species, after all there are several types of Ardat-Yakshi and only 3 would kill their partner during the melding. In most cases the partners nervous system is just damaged.

If I am not mistaken only Ardat-Yakshi and those carrying the latanet gene can be transformed into banshees, which would be roughly 1% of the entire population.

15+ Year Old Account
    [Badassfully]: Did any of you listen to the end of the Blasto Poster? I'd so watch that movie!

Deleted
    Yeah they are a threat but I wouldn't say they are a threat to the survival of the species, after all there are several types of Ardat-Yakshi and only 3 would kill their partner during the melding. In most cases the partners nervous system is just damaged.

If I am not mistaken only Ardat-Yakshi and those carrying the latanet gene can be transformed into banshees, which would be roughly 1% of the entire population.
    Although the condition does not harm the asari, during mating the Ardat-Yakshi's nervous system completely overpowers and dominates that of her mates, causing hemorrhaging in the victim's brain and ultimately death in extreme cases.

Falere, Rila and Morinth, all daughters of Samara, have the lethal version of this condition. Morinth chose to embrace her condition, while Falere and Rila opted for a life of peaceful seclusion. According to Samara, these are the only three living Ardat-Yakshi. However, less severe cases are supposedly more common, including up to 1% of the population.

I personally enjoyed how Samara considered a "less severe case" of a lethal mutation is 1% of the entire asari population, as opposed to 3 single persons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Can someone tell me how much of a difference it is between playing with and/or without an imported savegame?

Is it worth while playing the prequels again just to get a nice savegame or are the effects minimal anyway?
    Masseffectsaves.com

Don't hate on the Mako. I got some sweet air in that thing. Besides, it is 100% better than the Hammerhead. -.- atleast mako can take a bloody beating.
    Agreed. Just looking at the Hammerhead in Insanity damaged it. And a randomly generated map is still way better than a corridor with a few rooms.

Anyone also notice the Alien skies un ME1? it was not a rip off of earth or some cloudy condition like ME2 was. The planet Maji in the / Armstrong Nebula / Vamshi System was a major one. Two suns, one blue, one red, and and aura borielis on the far side? awesome. And I noticed some planets had rings or were moons orbiting planets with rings. Total eye candy. Or one of the moons of Klendagon, where you could look up and see the giant rift caused by the anti-reaper gun that killed the Reaper you board in ME2.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    I personally enjoyed how Samara considered a "less severe case" of a lethal mutation is 1% of the entire asari population, as opposed to 3 single persons.
    Well there is a difference, other Ardat-Yakshi don't kill their partner, her daughters condition was so severe that mating was always lethal. Must be pretty hard to learn that all her daughters have the worst condition out of all Ardat-Yakshi. I mean how are the chances to produce potential mass murderers three times in a row.

Deleted
    Well there is a difference, other Ardat-Yakshi don't kill their partner, her daughters condition was so severe that mating was always lethal. Must be pretty hard to learn that all her daughters have the worst condition out of all Ardat-Yakshi. I mean how are the chances to produce potential mass murderers three times in a row.
    If 1% of an entire intergalactic species have the Ardat condition, then im willing to bet atleast 100 of those have the lethal grade.
    Now, its obviously hard for any mother to have a child become a massmurderer, even if it wasnt by the childs choice.
    But 100 are worse than 3.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-03-19 at 12:09 AM.

Still not sure how I feel about the multiplayer unlock system. I do enjoy the bit of a mystery and excitement I get from random packs kinda like buying pokemon cards back in the day but after a while I just get annoyed with it stop playing and then play again and repeat.