Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    I think thats just a coincidence mate.

By the way i read somewhere that Bioware have confirmed that they are indeed changing/extending the ending.
    They sent tweets about it along with the blog I think.

Just looking around on Gamespot, see this article titled: "Who would win if Bioware changes the ending?"

They started to "support" the current ending saying that it is art and it can not be changed. That was their first article I believe. Now they are hinting towards the outcome of an actual change in ending. "George Lucas fucked up prequels, should he do them over?" (Well, he really should but that's another story.)

One of the comments on the latest article got my attention. Like many gamers, the guy says that this is not an actual art form as the interaction between the consumer and the developer turn it in to a business instead. So, as many idiots threaten with their sugar coated words like "fucking bioware I'm quitting!" not changing the ending means future loss of profits due to enraged consumers leaving the firm behind. However small and insignificant this loss may be, changing the ending promises a much better outcome.

Quoting him: Players win because they get to see their game improved and get what they want. Developers win because they show that they care, that they are listening to feedback unlike many others, and they show that they can be trusted.

Whoa, look guys, common sense! Quick, hide under a rock! My hat is off to this guy as he voices the same opinion I've been thinking since this all started. Games are not art in the traditional sense, they are interactive. Besides, the advertisement made about ME 3 and the end product we got were completely different in terms of ending. So, by fixing it, Bioware gains more customers compared to losing them by not doing anything about it. If the DLC is free of charge, then damn, it may be one of most effective ways of promoting the firm and the product to date. The debate about the ending got a few of my friends started on ME 1 already.
    Last edited by Scorage; 2012-03-22 at 10:32 AM.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post
    They sent tweets about it along with the blog I think.

Just looking around on Gamespot, see this article titled: "Who would win if Bioware changes the ending?"

They started to "support" the current ending saying that it is art and it can not be changed. That was their first article I believe. Now they are hinting towards the outcome of an actual change in ending. "George Lucas fucked up prequels, should he do them over?" (Well, he really should but that's another story.)

One of the comments on the latest article got my attention. Like many gamers, the guy says that this is not an actual art form as the interaction between the consumer and the developer turn it in to a business instead. So, as many idiots threaten with their sugar coated words like "fucking bioware I'm quitting!" not changing the ending means future loss of profits due to enraged consumers leaving the firm behind. However small and insignificant this loss may be, changing the ending promises a much better outcome.

Quoting him: Players win because they get to see their game improved and get what they want. Developers win because they show that they care, that they are listening to feedback unlike many others, and they show that they can be trusted.

Whoa, look guys, common sense! Quick, hide under a rock! My hat is off to this guy as he voices the same opinion I've been thinking since this all started. Games are not art in the traditional sense, they are interactive. Besides, the advertisement made about ME 3 and the end product we got were completely different in terms of ending. So, by fixing it, Bioware gains more customers compared to losing them by not doing anything about it. If the DLC is free of charge, then damn, it may be one of most effective ways of promoting the firm and the product to date. The debate about the ending got a few of my friends started on ME 1 already.
    I always hated the “Its art” argument too, even Bioware themselves said, and I quote...
    “We have a rule in our franchise that there is no canon. You as a player decide what your story is” – Hudson
    and
    “And, to be honest, you [the fans] are crafting your Mass Effect story as
    much as we are anyway.”
    and again...
    “Um… You know, at this point, I think we’re co-creators with
    the fans. We use a lot of feedback.” - Hudson
    That kinda blows any "Its art you can't change art" argument out of the water, hell even Sherlock Holmes was changed and that was a book.

Bioware giving what was promised and what many fans wanted can only be a good thing, but yeah I completely agree with everything you said.
    Last edited by Toccs; 2012-03-22 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    A lot of people seem to think ME2 was a religious allegory. Shepard/Shepherd. He was revived in ME2 and had 12 squadmates - Jesus was revived and had 12 disciples. There were a lot more comparisons but I'll be damned if I remember them.

Stuff like that. It's interesting.
    Jesus had to get 2 of his disciples via DLC then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    A lot of people seem to think ME2 was a religious allegory. Shepard/Shepherd. He was revived in ME2 and had 12 squadmates - Jesus was revived and had 12 disciples. There were a lot more comparisons but I'll be damned if I remember them.

Stuff like that. It's interesting.
    You guys never fail to amaze me. I didn't even think about stuff like this before.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    If this is true then all I can say is... Wow. :s

I think Christ Priestly debunked that over on BSN last night.

I'll see if I can find it again, but being online through my phone in a train going through nowhere is kinda messed up. >.<

---------- Post added 2012-03-22 at 12:43 PM ----------

Here we go: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to.../10399933&lf=8

Well this at least sounds completely believeable, and if true makes me feel even better about being vocal about my disappointment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I think Christ Priestly debunked that over on BSN last night.

I'll see if I can find it again, but being online through my phone in a train going through nowhere is kinda messed up. >.<

---------- Post added 2012-03-22 at 12:43 PM ----------

Here we go: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to.../10399933&lf=8
    They didnt debunk it, they just denyed it was him.

"BioWare writer Patrick Weekes is well known on the Penny Arcade forums as user Takyris. Earlier, that account allegedly posted a fairly damning diatribe about Mass Effect 3's controversial ending."

If hes fairly well known and it was posted from his account i cant see how it wouldnt be him. I mean would this have come up and being deleted if it wasnt from his account? no, unless of course someone "hacked" his penny arcade user account just to post that....maybe bioware can go with that story..least its more convincing then their ending

Deleted
    Anyone knows if there is a way to buy ME3 DLC spending $/euros and avoid bioware points?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekira View Post
    Anyone knows if there is a way to buy ME3 DLC spending $/euros and avoid bioware points?
    Rclick ME3 in Origin > Show game details > Should be shop for addons at the top.

Should probably not be points, not sure.

Deleted
    Anyone else who has decided to play Mass Effect 2 after completing Mass Effect 3 feel like punching TIM in the gut the second you see him again? :P Just started a Renegade/Adept playthrough on ME2. So far I've only finished ME2 and ME3 with a Paragon and Paragade toons, I'm curious to see how I'll do as a badass.

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    Jesus had to get 2 of his disciples via DLC then.
    Heh, that got a good laugh out of me. I imagine Judas must have been one of them

Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    Anyone else who has decided to play Mass Effect 2 after completing Mass Effect 3 feel like punching TIM in the gut the second you see him again? :P Just started a Renegade/Adept playthrough on ME2. So far I've only finished ME2 and ME3 with a Paragon and Paragade toons, I'm curious to see how I'll do as a badass.
    No, I kind of felt sorry for him actually, because you see that his intentions are still good but he's eventually going to get indoctrinated no matter what happens. In ME2 you don't really trust him, but he's also pretty amicable, and Cerberus as an organization doesn't really seem that bad, minus the Pragia facility (the recordings in which suggest that the scientists were keeping the bad stuff hidden from TIM) and Overlord (which was Archer's fault).
    Last edited by Notos; 2012-03-22 at 01:03 PM.

Deleted
    I'am actually doing the opposite (was playing Renegade and now full Paragon), so I can tell him to shove it at every opportunity

Also I've been experimenting with the Save Game Editor and manually unlocked Tali and Legion from the start, as they have been voiced for the whole game (guaranted fun when you bring Legion for Tali's trial on the Quarian fleet...)

I'am actually doing the opposite (was playing Renegade and now full Paragon), so I can tell him to shove it at every opportunity

Also I've been experimenting with the Save Game Editor and manually unlocked Tali and Legion from the start, as they have been voiced for the whole game (guaranted fun when you bring Legion for Tali's trial on the Quarian fleet...)
    You can bring Legion to Tali's trial in the full game as well if you hold off on Tali's loyalty mission until after you get the IFF.

Deleted
    You can bring Legion to Tali's trial in the full game as well if you hold off on Tali's loyalty mission until after you get the IFF.
    Wouldn't that result in half of your crew dying? I usually do Legion's mission last quickly followed by his loyalty mission to avoid any delay before going through Omega4 Relay.

That must make it impossible to save the Normandy crew (bar Chakwas) if you want to do Legion's loyalty mission as well?

Deleted

I have a bad way of slipping into being the "good guy" all the time. Even on my Dragon Age: Origins playthroughs I couldn't bring myself to destroy the werewolves and so on. But to my surprise I actually enjoyed being a Paragade. It was great to Renegade interrupt some people and that you could just tell people you didn't like to shut it. So I'm trying to go the whole way this time. I think I might have to compromise a bit though. I might end up going Renegon. Hahah, is that even an actual term? I know Paragade is but I haven't heard any equevelant to a Renegade player who throws in a bit of Paragon.

Wouldn't that result in half of your crew dying? I usually do Legion's mission last quickly followed by his loyalty mission to avoid any delay before going through Omega4 Relay.
    After the IFF missions, you have two missions before the Normandy is assaulted by the collectors. Plenty of time to do both Tali's and Legion's loyalty missions as long as you're done with everything before getting the IFF.

---------- Post added 2012-03-22 at 02:08 PM ----------

I have a bad way of slipping into being the "good guy" all the time. Even on my Dragon Age: Origins playthroughs I couldn't bring myself to destroy the werewolves and so on. But to my surprise I actually enjoyed being a Paragade. It was great to Renegade interrupt some people and that you could just tell people you didn't like to shut it. So I'm trying to go the whole way this time. I think I might have to compromise a bit though. I might end up going Renegon. Hahah, is that even an actual term? I know Paragade is but I haven't heard any equevelant to a Renegade player who throws in a bit of Paragon.
    I am totally gonna be using those terms from now on.

Deleted
    If you have the iOS applications those are really handy with this. I increased my Readiness rating to about ~65% through multiplayer before grabbing the Datapad app. I managed to get my rating up to 91-93% from there just by doing the little Galactic Readiness game on the Datapad. So it's perfectly doable without multiplayer.
    Hell that datapad app is cool. If you have all upgrades you can kinda have 100% readiness all the time. Love it already I don´t like the Infiltrator app tho because the controls are a bit weird.

Deleted
    Dear players...

Don't select Cerberus on gold, then select Human Vanguard and repeatedly charge into rooms full of turrets/guardians on hacking waves.