Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post
    When I did that I watched kelly turn into paste.

Though my runs were always on insanity, perhaps that's the difference?
    No because I did the same thing on normal setting did IFF and still had tali and legions loyalty mission. Did them. Went to the base and watched Kelly become Gerber Baby Food.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.html?poll=4666

a li'l poll about ME3 ending, also is it just me or is Tali adorable regardless of the situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones
    Guess who EA paid for some good press?

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/in-game/46814813/#46814813

Couldn't help but leave a comment on the guys facebook page.
    Well, the problem with those new articles and commentaries surfacing is, that they provide nothing new. The author of that one tries to maintain neutral, while clearly stating his opinion. That's fair, but provides no new insights. I also don't think that the ranting part of the Retake movement will force Bioware to walk down a bad path. I hope the BSN part of the movement will achieve it. They are VERY civil, becoming better organized and take insider help from equally frustrated fans where they get it to survive as a movement until Bioware's deflective stance wears off and they will be able to work with Bioware hand in hand.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...dex/10084349/1

Why is it problematic that the author just gives his opinion without new insights, you might ask. Because the movement has become much more than players feeling entitled to something they were promised to get once they paid the product. Because Bioware was caught in flagranti making false promises. Because these players are much more than entitled, they are using the attention to gather money for charities like Child's Play. They care about the ME series, just as I do, and we are fed up with an ending, as much layers as there are behind it, that doesn't fit in the general grand themes and motives of the ME series and let us pick solely a color.
    As long as authors try to reduce the movement to a ranting mass, neither the dialogue nor the authors will develop. The movement is more than that and don't see how a writing professional like a journalist could call that ending perfect, to be honest. If it is, they should elaborate, rather than bringing flowers of speech. Because the Retake movement already did that. There is a detailed, compiled list of logical gaps in the ending sequence. While there is room for interpretation for Bioware's motivation of including these, some are just plain stupid.

No one wants to take away Bioware's right on their IP. Bioware should feel honored by the amount of emotion their game receives, but also come out of their capsule and realize through dialogue, that they may not have achieved what they intended to. The Retake movement has since then distanced itself from demands on the nature of the ending itself.
    Last edited by Flextt; 2012-03-22 at 05:24 PM.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Deleted
    I like this article about the ending.

http://gotgame.com/2012/03/22/the-ni...ect-3s-ending/

makes lots of good points and includes examples and evidence

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Oh please. God no.
    If the plot after you get hit by the beam had any more holes it would be a sieve...

There are some things that you can only blame on bad writing/design if the indoctrination theory isn't true.
    Bushes around shepard after getting shot when they WEREN'T there before.
    Coats apparently being totally blind to Shepard/Anderson surviving and the Reapers flying off.
    Normandy deciding to fuck it and run off somewhere after stopping by to pick up everyone from Earth
    Hackett apparently knowing you're on the Citadel when Coats reported everyone dead.

The three choices matching Saren(synthesis), Illusive Man (control) and destruction are just... urgh
    Feel the same way about Shepard having a nice chat with something that tells him 3-4 times that it controls the Reapers then just does as it says.

There are lots of other things pointed out in the video like the humming noticed by Vega, the "oily shadows" in the dreams of the kid and the perfect ending destruction
    scene...
    Last edited by mmoca4abc3a051; 2012-03-22 at 05:46 PM.

Deleted
    Yep.
    (Also, spoiler tags would be good. Just in case. :P )
    And this happened to me with Garrus and Liara. [url]http://i.imgur.com/YE0qV.jpg[/url]
    I actually checked did that happen with me since you told the whole deal about your squadmates found dead by your feet when you're hit by the Reaper beam. [SIZE=1]Wow, that actually rhymed...[/SIZE] Err, anyway. I didn't actually see either of my squadmates dead when I started moving towards the teleportation-thingie. Does that possibly have something to do with the EMS or something...?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    I actually checked did that happen with me since you told the whole deal about your squadmates found dead by your feet when you're hit by the Reaper beam. [SIZE=1]Wow, that actually rhymed...[/SIZE] Err, anyway. I didn't actually see either of my squadmates dead when I started moving towards the teleportation-thingie. Does that possibly have something to do with the EMS or something...?
    I'm almost certain I saw Ashley dead near the beam entrance when I did it with about 3.7k effective (hadn't done any MP)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    I'm almost certain I saw Ashley dead near the beam entrance when I did it with about 3.7k effective (hadn't done any MP)
    I had over 4.000 EMS on my first playthrough, I think about 4.2k, and I saw nothing. On my first playthrough I didn't see Kaidan or Liara dead. On my second playthrough I didn't see Kaidan or Javik lying on the ground anywhere. And I did check all of the corpses but they all seemed to be Alliance troops. That's why I'm kind of curious does it actually affect that or not.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the EMS. Probably because I rushed through the main story on my first playthrough.
    I just want to be sure I'm not completely blind. Wouldn't be the first time.

Deleted
    I had over 4.000 EMS on my first playthrough, I think about 4.2k, and I saw nothing. On my first playthrough I didn't see Kaidan or Liara dead. On my second playthrough I didn't see Kaidan or Javik lying on the ground anywhere. And I did check all of the corpses but they all seemed to be Alliance troops. That's why I'm kind of curious does it actually affect that or not.

It is EMS, 4K is good, play worse next time get about 2.5-3kish

Deleted

I didn't stop to investigate but it sure looked like her armour...

Only took her because it was lolnormal and wanted her + Garrus there at the end... well you know how that turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Egga View Post
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.html?poll=4666

a li'l poll about ME3 ending, also is it just me or is Tali adorable regardless of the situation?
    Problem with Gamefaqs is that poll is on the front page, and as a result probably half the people voting probably don't know what ME3 is much less played it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    It is EMS, 4K is good, play worse next time get about 2.5-3kish
    Is it actually possible to achieve that low EMS with about 95-100% Readiness rating? I know, propably a stupid question but I'm seriously not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    I didn't stop to investigate but it sure looked like her armour...

Only took her because it was lolnormal and wanted her + Garrus there at the end... well you know how that turned out.
    I looked around on both playthroughs and I looked really carefully on my second one based on Dalliah's comment that the squadmates got hit with the beam and lie dead on the ground. I'm pretty sure I should've recognized at least Liara and Javik from the Alliance soldiers but I didn't see either one... And I'm pretty sure Kaidan wasn't there either.

Your squadmates lie on the ground dead if you have less than 3000 EMS maybe 2000, not sure. Basically, if you play no MP then you need somewhere around 5k EMS or less for dead squadmates. If you play MP, then you need less than 3000 EMS going into the end with 100% readiness.

Deleted
    http://i.imgur.com/ezU1V.jpg

99% now but was ~60% when first done... still almost sure I saw Ashley lying on the floor :s

(Yeah missing alot, messed up a load with the Geth and a few other things)

Your squadmates can't die, even if you have zero EMS. The bodies on the ground are always soldiers wearing generic armor. What's probably confusing some of you is that several of the models use armor from the first game, such as Ashley's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Your squadmates can't die, even if you have zero EMS. The bodies on the ground are always soldiers wearing generic armor. What's probably confusing some of you is that several of the models use armor from the first game, such as Ashley's.
    Ashley got shiny new blue armour, just saying it looked alot like it
    Might play again then alt-f4 just before I go up the beam to check...

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    They can die. My first playthrough i took Liara and Ash. Kinda hard to confuse Liara with an alliance soldier. But i also rushed the story, so I had at most 2.5k EMS (after the 50% reduction from not playing any MP).

My second run I had ~3.7k EMS and neither Javik nor EDI were there in a pool their own blood/motor oil.
    Last edited by crazysmacker; 2012-03-22 at 06:58 PM.

Nope.
    [url]http://i41.tinypic.com/2dhzknl.jpg[/url]
    [url]http://i.imgur.com/u6q3A.jpg[/url]
    Huh, whaaaaaaaaat? How did u managed that?

15+ Year Old Account
    Goddamnit, I fubared a conversation with TIM somewhere. :\ Oh well, third playthorugh, I'ma be ever MORE goddamn careful. It seems so easy to miss stuff in third one.

Not my pictures but I had something similar. I rushed through the main story so I had very little EMS. Around 2-3k if I remember correctly.
    Eh even if you don't rush through the story you will still have to do multiplayer to get the 4k.