Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    Yeah. I mean I loved being an Adept on ME1 so I thought that would be the most "logical" choice for me to go for now that I started a new playthrough. My main Shepard is a Vanguard and I also have an Infiltrator so I thought this would be somewhat in the same alley. But I seriously feel like a scaredy, squishy sponge on my Adept right now. It has gotten a bit better with talent upgrades but it's just a bit ridiculous. I mean I died at the Horizon to that big, armored fellow in the end on normal about three times since I just couldn't dish out enough damage. The SMG is really crappy and I can't kill regular enemies like Husks even if I empty a whole barrel of bullets. The Heavy Pistol does more damage but with my awesome aiming skills I'm missing half of the time, even though with the pistol you should make every shot count. And well... I can't be using my missile launcher all the time. Keeping my hopes up for ME3...
    I did my first Insanity play on ME2 with my Adept.

Was fun

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casey_Hudson

I don't imagine this will be left like this for long so I'll supply the quote:

Hudson started his career as a technical artist, developing art for video games at Bioware, on many games, including Baldur's Gate 2, Neverwinter Nights and Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic. He became game director on Knights of the Old Republic, butchering Mass Effect 3 and Jade Empire

Not anything major but it did amuse me, wasn't a well planned edit imo.
    Happened last week as well. People don't seem to realize that things like this don't exactly help their chances of getting extra stuff from Bioware...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    I did my first Insanity play on ME2 with my Adept.

Was fun
    I feel for you, man. I had no idea I'd feel this underpowered on a god damn Adept. Oh well, live and learn!

And to show you guys what I mean about slipping over to the good side even when I'm trying to be bad: http://i.imgur.com/lBVVv.jpg
    I don't think I make a very good Renegade/Renegon Shepard.

If Paragon and Renegade cancels each other out, you're technically just a Shepard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    If Paragon and Renegade cancels each other out, you're technically just a Shepard.
    I feel like a nobody now. *sobs* Naaawh! That's still the most Renegade points I've ever had on ME2. True story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I think they do, at least on some decisions

I know you need a HUGE difference to pass the Morinth choice.

Deleted
    Also... YAY! I can get a god damn Assault Rifle training from this stupid Collectors' Ship. No more wimpy SMG!

EDIT: Ahhah, I just had this conversation with Garrus and I can't stop laughing.

Shepard: [discussing 'sparring'] So when should I book the room?
    Garrus: I'd wait if you're OK with it. Disrupt the crew a little as possible. Take that last chance to find some calm just before the storm. You know me, always like to savor that last shot before popping the heatsink.
    [Shepard gives Garrus a knowing smirk]
    Garrus: Wait... that metaphor just went somewhere horrible.

N'aww... Garrus is too adorable sometimes.
    Last edited by mmoc66a46237a3; 2012-03-23 at 10:33 AM.

Hahahahahahaha, that is just brilliant!

Isn't the Locust that high range sniper SMG from some DLC that feels ridiculously strong in ME 2?

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Locust

Yes it is!

Although it has a lower clip capacity, fire rate and slightly weaker damage output compared to the M-9 Tempest, the Locust makes up for these deficiencies by being more accurate at longer ranges and having virtually no muzzle climb.
    For Engineers, Adepts or Sentinels, Assault Rifle advanced training is no longer a 'must have' - DPS wise, the Locust exceeds the M-8 Avenger, Geth Pulse Rifle, and Collector Assault Rifle. The Vindicator and the M-96 Mattock have higher DPS but much lower magazine capacity.
    If my memory does not fail me, the impressions given are quite correct. You can fire very accurate barrages with that gun.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    You mean the Locust? that's from the Kasumi DLC
    Same thing! Kasumi, Shadow Broker, what's the diff? *whistles nervously*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Same thing! Kasumi, Shadow Broker, what's the diff? *whistles nervously*
    Kasumi comes with a bar, Shadow Broke comes with a dossier.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

For Adepts in ME 2 out there! (Insanity tips)

Keep Samara, Jack or Jacob in party. Having purchased Dragon Age helps a ton as it gives you access to Blood Dragon Armor which is a pure gem for ability based classes in ME 2. My prefferred composition was to have Jack and Samara in party with me at all times, well except loyalty missions of course. Get Dominate as bonus power. (Save before picking morinth, see yourself in the ship where it autosaves, then reload and pick Samara)

Samara gets Area Reave, Jack gets Heavy Shockwave and Squad Warp Ammo. Biotics is a bitch in ME series, they form such a good synergy with eachother but fuck up everything else.

Samara will rid the enemies from their precious armor, and Jack will keep them in the air for a while with Shockwave. This is your chance to warp and blow stuff up. I think you need 2 points in Throw to be able to get to your own shockwave so keep them there as well. Once Samara reaves groups of husks, any rank of throw will just 1 shot them.

Squad Warp Ammo is your key at weapon damage. This setup won't have much against shielded enemies, but once you detonate other ones near them they won't have any shield left anyway. Besides, Tempest with the upgrade that lets SMG's do double damage to shields chews through even YMIR mechs even on insanity. Heavy warp is also effective against shields as it will do shit ton of damage with Nemesis and Blood Dragon Armor. (It just won't do double damage, which means it won't take it down in 1 hit. But it will damage it enough to be destroyed with a few secs of SMG fire.)

Barriers and Armor won't mean anything to you, and your singularity is your go to defense when Area Reave clears armor off. Considering Shielded enemies, you should focus your fire on "Heavy" type mercenaries or Vanguard type mercenaries and then Dominate them. (Heavy type dominate as the CC part of dominate also counts in duration so don't bother with Area version. All you need is one guy any way.) They will clear the shields right off before you can say "Wh..." and will even kill most of the wave before you can finish with "...at"

Being clever against collectors will be a blast. Just get a Guardian or Assasin to low HP and Harbinger will try to save them, after you dominate them ofcourse. He'll blow shit up for 2-3 seconds, which is all you need to get rid of him. Besides, enemies do as much damage to each other as they do to you, so dominating some merc with an assault rifle means he will 2-3 shot other mercs. And they also tend to focus the dominated guy, so this will give you breathing when you need it.

Jack can be traded with Miranda with Area Overload if shields are too much for you to handle. You won't lose much weapon damage. Singularity also staggers an enemy as long as it is active and enemy has a shield, so that means they won't be able to shoot or duck behind cover.

If shooting is a problem, Insanity Mode offers you Geth Assault Rifle. After the upgrades, it will have 0 recoil, good damage, and varied fire rate. It also deals bonus damage to shields so it is an overall good weapon for an adept.
    Last edited by Scorage; 2012-03-23 at 02:19 PM.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Deleted
    sorry i dont really want to read through the 140 odd pages, so would anyone reccomend this game to someone who has never played Mass effect before? or would you say get the previous 2 before playing this? i am really interested in trying out the game but buying all 3 is pretty expensive

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    sorry i dont really want to read through the 140 odd pages, so would anyone reccomend this game to someone who has never played Mass effect before? or would you say get the previous 2 before playing this? i am really interested in trying out the game but buying all 3 is pretty expensive
    The ending really is pretty aweful.

The gameplay is great, and the story up until the last 10 minutes is good. So I mean it's really up to you, how important is story to you?

Deleted
    I personally wouldn't suggest the game to someone who hasn't touched any of the previous Mass Effect games. I started playing from Mass Effect 2, but since I had some Cerberus-pack attached to my game I got the hang of what had happened via the interactive background story. I did purchase ME1 later on and I've played through it too. There's just so much characters and little twists you miss out if you're not familiar with the universe at all. Though I have to say I've only played ME3 with an imported ME2 memory so I'm not aware if and how well the previous events are explained for someone who starts a whole new ME3 game.

There is a 50% sale in Origin right now, so if you buy digital copies you should be able land the first two game very cheap.

Other than that, ME3 is good by itself, and you will be wrapped in the story tightly until the last 10 minutes, which means you shouldn't skip this game because of that. Besides they are working on it. So it might be a good time to catch up on the first two games.

There is a world of difference between playing the game on default and having your own save game though.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Deleted
    What system you thinking of getting it on? I defo recomend it its a great series.

Id definatly start with 1 im sure you can find it pretty cheap, they have changed the sytle of combat between 1 and 2.

couldnt yu possibly check out a demo somewhere?

Did they announce an ending DLC or did i miss something?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bornams View Post
    Did they announce an ending DLC or did i miss something?
    http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/21/4108/

not announced, but certainly confirmed "somethings" been worked on.

Deleted
    wow, wasn't expecting that many replies so quick :P

i am pretty interested in the sotry as someone asked, so i guess that means i will have to buy the previous ones
    i want them on xbox so they're probably about £15 each on Amazon (could probably find them cheaper some where else)
    i guess i will get buying then. and thanks AnthonyUK, i will see if there is some demos available on Xbox, i didn't think of demos

---------- Post added 2012-03-23 at 02:31 PM ----------

damn, on xbox there are demos for ME2 and 3, but none for ME1