Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Don't bring baby jesus into this!

So back onto ME... would you guys define reapers as living or not?
    Both. They're definitely contructs, but at the same time they're also the minds of galactic civilizations for more than a billion years.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Both. They're definitely contructs, but at the same time they're also the minds of galactic civilizations for more than a billion years.
    I kind of think the whole "preserving species by turning them into a reaper" thing is silly. Or maybe it's just not adequately explained. So what if a "human" Reaper were to actually be made out of humans? I guess if they invoke space magic, the Reaper would take on the characteristics of humans, but it's just dumb to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry...I have to share this. It made me laugh.

But I have to say I would classify reapers in the living category, of course I do this for Geth too.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    That was already posted, but yeah quite funny xD
    The problem is, thanks to that it prolly won't get mentioned to the dev team, so the people who actually could use it... won't have it =/
    Oops...these things get missed in a 150 page thread

From what I can tell they seem to be looking into new endings. I know I personally don't have a problem with the way things turn out (mostly), just the fact that it all kind of bottlenecks into certain specifics at the end.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

No excuses! ban him !

No srly now, yeah they already said they are going to add new content after those endings... the question is, how are they going to do it =P
    Spin-off game/expansion? I wouldn't mind one playing Liara or Garrus! Or even Tali!

i would sa give me mordin but he died doin what was right as a badass so give me either wrex, grunt or even the piscotic biotic jack
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    I kind of think the whole "preserving species by turning them into a reaper" thing is silly. Or maybe it's just not adequately explained. So what if a "human" Reaper were to actually be made out of humans? I guess if they invoke space magic, the Reaper would take on the characteristics of humans, but it's just dumb to me.
    Legion does speak of "true unity" and transcendence (here's the link again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqtAHNQT3-w ). It's not explicitly stated as such, but all the leads are there. The Reapers just eradicating synthetics wouldn't help over time. As we've seen in our own world, all it takes is 10-20 years, and then all lessons of the past are forgotten. Letting civilizations evolve and hit their golden age, and then harvesting them, would preserve their culture and their people as a form of super-being, housed inside a Reaper. And they wouldn't have time to invent synthetics with the ability to kill every organic being in the galaxy.

Interesting thought really. Every time a Reaper is killed, an entire civilization is lost forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Spoilers, as in, possibly a part of the new ending spoilers: [url]http://i.imgur.com/1cwc8.jpg[/url]
    Oh god yes please more! ლ(◕◡◕ლ)

Edit: Wow okay, ignore that. Fake. [url]http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/10685607[/url]
    Damnit.
    First i saw the link.
    Then I clicked it.
    I guess you can imagine that... arousal, that... excitement when I saw that. Gave me hope, gave me a reason to exist, ha, even brought back my faith in Bioware...
    And then I saw it's fake.

You do realize, my dear sir/madame, that you've killed me again?

Interesting thought really. Every time a Reaper is killed, an entire civilization is lost forever.
    That really depends on whether you view their process as evolution, as transcendence, or whether you view it as consumption, as death.

Think of it like this: Would you view the destruction of the Collectors in ME2 as the final extinction (aside from Javik) of the Protheans? Or do you view it as ridding the galaxy of the reaper-spawned twisted monstrosity that they had become, and letting their spirit finally rest once free of reaper interference?

I'd rather think of it as the latter, in both cases. Know why? I would rather die than give up my individuality, and aside from indoctrinated subjects, it appears most of the galaxy agrees.

The Reapers are not "Order" to our "Chaos", they are "Control" to our "Freedom". They subsume organic races to create more of themselves - not to preserve any part of the race they are harvesting, although they no doubt make use of traits they find useful when creating new reapers (as evinced by their ground troops).

This is aside from whether or not the Catalyst's story is true - they still claimed to be Order to our Chaos before the deus ex machina popped in and said Hi.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

one thing that ocured to me just now was a dlc in the form of you playing as your other friends in the battlefield (jack, samara etc) and then when its all said and done they go to where shepard is and help him take the reapers out for good
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunz View Post
    Hey guys, I found a CoD player.
    Never played CoD in my life but try again. Also, wtf does that have to do with anything? As i said in the post after calling Mordin a wussy was a mistake, he's tough, can I stop paying for it now people? lol Lots of Mordin fans out there. I didn't realize he was the best choice to send with the crew in ME2.

@tnpm
    Please don't dissect me, I'm sorry!

Also that fake Liara picture made me sad
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-03-27 at 08:01 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Deleted
    Finished the picture/idea I just had to get out of my system. My awesome tactics against Husks: Scream, cry, flail and RUN. Also throwing any biotic powers at things that move is a good idea too.

http://i.imgur.com/HVGSq.jpg

I hate Husks. I really do. They still scare the crap out of me.

And @Dalliah: You just broke my heart. I looked at the first picture all excited and hyper only to read "Oops... That's actually fake". ;-;

Legion does speak of "true unity" and transcendence (here's the link again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqtAHNQT3-w ). It's not explicitly stated as such, but all the leads are there. The Reapers just eradicating synthetics wouldn't help over time. As we've seen in our own world, all it takes is 10-20 years, and then all lessons of the past are forgotten. Letting civilizations evolve and hit their golden age, and then harvesting them, would preserve their culture and their people as a form of super-being, housed inside a Reaper. And they wouldn't have time to invent synthetics with the ability to kill every organic being in the galaxy.

Yep, just as I figured. Transcendence through space magic. I want them to explain how melting someone's brain into goo and mixing it with a billion other brains will preserve anything.

Regardless, the Reaper plot is based an assumption, not some inviolate truth. Add to that the god-child's admission that his solution was inadequate in the end...

Hummm if they were to do something like this I would place my bets on Vega, I actually think I remember Bioware mentioning something about him & future games...

I mean, it makes sense to keep with Shepard IF players picked the red ending, since you supposedly see him alive if you do the things right.
    Otherwise I really have no clue, unless as you said, they make you play with another character.
    Vega is getting his very own Anime so a spin off game with him? na doubt he will get that much attention

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by proguer View Post
    Why are people so mad about ending? Kotor 2 anyone? The game could easily end up by Garrus revealing his true identity as the guy who is leader of Reapers.
    Garrus is pretty badass, a duel with him (as hes probably the only one Shepard considers to be at his level) would beat Boyking of Reapers any day.
    If we are going by "Shepard was indoctrinated, and so was the player" mindfuck ending, i rather have it be a badass one.

Quote Originally Posted by tnpm View Post
    i would sa give me mordin but he died doin what was right as a badass so give me either wrex, grunt or even the piscotic biotic jack
    Kill Wrex on Virmire.
    Destroy Maelons data.
    Congratulations, you just saved the most awesome performer of Gilbert and Sullivan.

Human characteristics are quite emotion driven which are controlled by chemistry.
    Neither exists in the mechanical logicfunctionin synthetic creations.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-03-27 at 08:32 PM.

Yep, just as I figured. Transcendence through space magic. I want them to explain how melting someone's brain into goo and mixing it with a billion other brains will preserve anything.

Regardless, the Reaper plot is based an assumption, not some inviolate truth. Add to that the god-child's admission that his solution was inadequate in the end...
    That's the thing with synthetics/AIs. They tend to have a mathematically solid point of view, but math doesn't include everything in most cases, so in reality their motives are flawed. Mass Effect isn't the first sci-fi franchise to explore this path. And as you say yourself, the Catalyst does take it into account when he learns something new.

I truly do believe that this is what Bioware wanted to signal with these elements of the game. Could definitely have been clearer on some points though.

Deleted
    Lmao!
    Do like me, throw a singularity to where you stand and just let them come xD
    Most of the times when I stand still it ends in "OMNOMNOM BRAINS!"-moments. Running and flailing is essential for my survival tactic!

Quote Originally Posted by proguer View Post
    Why are people so mad about ending? Kotor 2 anyone? The game could easily end up by Garrus revealing his true identity as the guy who is leader of Reapers.
    Never played KOTOR or KOTOR 2 so that means nothing to me. :P

The main problem I had with the ending was the lack of closure. It being the final game of the trilogy, I expected more... finality to it. I'd like to know what became of all the characters I've grown to love over the course of the three games, y'know?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    Most of the times when I stand still it ends in "OMNOMNOM BRAINS!"-moments. Running and flailing is essential for my survival tactic!
    Double singularity in chokepoints are recipe for awesome.

---------- Post added 2012-03-27 at 08:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Never played KOTOR or KOTOR 2 so that means nothing to me. :P

The main problem I had with the ending was the lack of closure. It being the final game of the trilogy, I expected more... finality to it. I'd like to know what became of all the characters I've grown to love over the course of the three games, y'know?
    We know 3 things:
    -Shepard was indoctrinated
    -The war raged on despite he breaking out of or submitting to indoctrination (how that goes, anybodys guess)
    -It was all a myth. Funny that they had to put that into a game that takes place in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    We know 3 things:
    -Shepard was indoctrinated
    -The war raged on despite he breaking out of or submitting to indoctrination (how that goes, anybodys guess)
    -It was all a myth. Funny that they had to put that into a game that takes place in the future.
    Sources would be fantastic. The last I'd heard, BioWare denied the indoctrination theory. Even if they did confirm it as true, though, that doesn't do anything to address the lack of closure IMO. The war raged on...awesome, but how did it end? It was all a myth... what? Cop-out if I ever heard one.

If the indoctrination theory is true and the Reapers won anyway, then the story was worse than I thought... a story that is doomed to failure from the start is just lame. There has to be at least some chance of winning if you ask me. :/