Well, nothing was ever said about owning them... =(

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    I love the sound they make when they blow up.

Speaking of missing components, i am annoyed by the lack of heavy weapons in ME3.
    You got a goddamn missile launcher at the very start of ME2 as you wake up from death, but you dont get anything heavier than a shotgun in ME3.
    Don't see anything about owning Heavy Weapons here.... You only said you wish ME3 had heavy weapons. Well, it did have heavy weapons. But you couldn't equip them. And yes, it was annoying they did it this way.

Since we are getting all picky, i never said ME3 didnt have HWs, it lacked them.
    As in, there wasnt nearly close to having a sufficient supply at hand to actually have fun with them.
    Fun being the keyword here as its a game.

Oh man...

Just soloed a MP PUBLIC match because no one else joined for some reason... very fun to do it with only a Mattock V. Thank GOD for chain overload.

Don't have a pic because of PS3 but here's the debriefing:

Firebase Giant
    Geth
    Bronze

19 Turian Sentinel 153833 Score
    5 Grabs
    15 Melee kills
    75 Kills
    20 Headshots
    75 Assault Rifle kills
    10 Tech kills

I really wonder why no one else joined the match... oh well.

Because its the PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Uh, yeah, lets add a Sovereign-class Reaper to a Reaper match. I hope you brought an entire armada along.
    Just need 4 vorchas spamming flamethrower at it.

would be fun if missile launchers were replaced with mc-920 cains in the platinum difficulty
    Last edited by Gravath; 2012-07-20 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Juissi View Post
    -snip-
    Could be a firewall issue. I know mine is preventing me from hosting games most of the time.

---------- Post added 2012-07-20 at 07:14 PM ----------

http://i.imgur.com/ZIP4N.jpg

Yay! Now to see if it sucks as much as people say it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Because its the PS3.

Just need 4 vorchas spamming flamethrower at it.

would be fun if missile launchers were replaced with mc-920 cains in the platinum difficulty
    Pfft, screw Cains, I want a Reaper Blackstar.

Would be interesting if on Platinum difficulties there would be an enemy supply drop that you could secure, giving your team the heavy weapon associated with the enemy type you're facing. Blackstar for Reapers, Spitfire for Geth, and Cain for Cerberus. Would have to balance it so the enemies necessitated the use of all four players utilizing the weapons, and would have to make sure there is no friendly fire with weapons like the Cain and Blackstar so you don't end up with people rushing to the supply drop and then killing the entire team.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Pfft, screw Cains, I want a Reaper Blackstar.

Would be interesting if on Platinum difficulties there would be an enemy supply drop that you could secure, giving your team the heavy weapon associated with the enemy type you're facing. Blackstar for Reapers, Spitfire for Geth, and Cain for Cerberus. Would have to balance it so the enemies necessitated the use of all four players utilizing the weapons, and would have to make sure there is no friendly fire with weapons like the Cain and Blackstar so you don't end up with people rushing to the supply drop and then killing the entire team.
    This could be pretty cool if used in conjunction with something like Harvesters or Colossi. Having the whole team needing to use their heavy weapons to get it down.
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

And if you really wanted to limit the weapons to just one per drop, require the rest of the team to provide covering fire for the person firing the heavy weapon so they don't get torn up. All three of them require some sort of charge up time to do any real damage, so you would need to keep the person with the weapon safe.

I really, really hope they're gonna release an ME title with a co-op campaign some day. Or at least co-op scenarios. There's so much epic stuff they can do with the universe. I can't believe people think we've seen the last of Mass Effect.

---------- Post added 2012-07-20 at 08:35 PM ----------

BioWare cheating policy: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...index/12467716

Eh, I just think we're done with the current story arc. Shepard's story is done.

I agree that the Mass Effect universe is large and rich enough to support quality side stories, though.

N7 background information was just added to the BioWare blog: http://blog.bioware.com/2012/07/20/s...tems-alliance/

I wonder why this shows up now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    N7 background information was just added to the BioWare blog: http://blog.bioware.com/2012/07/20/s...tems-alliance/

I wonder why this shows up now.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...index/13249859
    To celebrate the launch of Mass Effect 3: Earth DLC, we bring you this informative look at Special Operations in the Systems Alliance!
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Aha!Well, that explains it.

Though, everyone who's been studying the codex since the first game will have known all this stuff already. High-pressure low-gravity training takes place on Titan for example.

Eh, I just think we're done with the current story arc. Shepard's story is done.

I agree that the Mass Effect universe is large and rich enough to support quality side stories, though.
    I'm still eager to know where "ME4" will take us.

---------- Post added 2012-07-20 at 09:12 PM ----------

Dammit, every time Das Malefitz (the credits song) plays on my play list I want to go through the game again.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

Won't be picking up after ME3, I'm positive on that.

I mean, does anybody here have any idea how they could pick up from one of the endings, without pissing people off by telling them their character doesn't matter? The reason why a cannon Shepard works in the trilogy is because there is no groundbreaking decision that drastically changes the universe. They can develop around players having different stories because while there certainly are differences, they aren't massive differences. Having one character alive coming into ME3 doesn't massively change anything. It changes certain moments of the game that are small enough to allow for variations to be included.

The four endings are so drastic that they can't reconcile all of them into one game whereby they allow for the variations to exist, and choosing one over the others, or excluding one or two - I could see Control and Synthesis being similar enough to allow for the same story to exist in both of those universes - you're going to leave people feeling disenfranchised, and I don't think that Bioware want's to go there.

Won't be picking up after ME3, I'm positive on that.

I mean, does anybody here have any idea how they could pick up from one of the endings, without pissing people off by telling them their character doesn't matter? The reason why a cannon Shepard works in the trilogy is because there is no groundbreaking decision that drastically changes the universe. They can develop around players having different stories because while there certainly are differences, they aren't massive differences. Having one character alive coming into ME3 doesn't massively change anything. It changes certain moments of the game that are small enough to allow for variations to be included.

The four endings are so drastic that they can't reconcile all of them into one game whereby they allow for the variations to exist, and choosing one over the others, or excluding one or two - I could see Control and Synthesis being similar enough to allow for the same story to exist in both of those universes - you're going to leave people feeling disenfranchised, and I don't think that Bioware want's to go there.
    Well I only call it ME4 because it's the fourth ME game, not because it's the fourth chronologically.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

They won't name it Me4. They'll name it Mass Effect: Liberty City Stories or Mass Effect: Bad Company. It'll be some spin off game hopefully not a total waste.

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Well I only call it ME4 because it's the fourth ME game, not because it's the fourth chronologically.
    Exactly. Sort of like they call it Final Fantasy 8 even though it has nothing to do with the first 7 games as far as storyline goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Exactly. Sort of like they call it Final Fantasy 8 even though it has nothing to do with the first 7 games as far as storyline goes.
    Final Fantasy XV will reveal that they are all taking place in the same world, and the final boss is God who have just been changing peoples memories and the planet like a major cunt because its his only playground because hes chained to it for defying the god pantheon rule of not being a huge dick.

So did bioware say anything interesting on comic con?
    I watched half the video but it was either explaining how something works and how its done, or random applause-baiting.
    Last edited by Gravath; 2012-07-21 at 09:20 AM.