N7 background information was just added to the BioWare blog: http://blog.bioware.com/2012/07/20/s...tems-alliance/

I wonder why this shows up now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    N7 background information was just added to the BioWare blog: http://blog.bioware.com/2012/07/20/s...tems-alliance/

I wonder why this shows up now.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...index/13249859
    To celebrate the launch of Mass Effect 3: Earth DLC, we bring you this informative look at Special Operations in the Systems Alliance!
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Aha!Well, that explains it.

Though, everyone who's been studying the codex since the first game will have known all this stuff already. High-pressure low-gravity training takes place on Titan for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Eh, I just think we're done with the current story arc. Shepard's story is done.

I agree that the Mass Effect universe is large and rich enough to support quality side stories, though.
    I'm still eager to know where "ME4" will take us.

---------- Post added 2012-07-20 at 09:12 PM ----------

Dammit, every time Das Malefitz (the credits song) plays on my play list I want to go through the game again.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Won't be picking up after ME3, I'm positive on that.

I mean, does anybody here have any idea how they could pick up from one of the endings, without pissing people off by telling them their character doesn't matter? The reason why a cannon Shepard works in the trilogy is because there is no groundbreaking decision that drastically changes the universe. They can develop around players having different stories because while there certainly are differences, they aren't massive differences. Having one character alive coming into ME3 doesn't massively change anything. It changes certain moments of the game that are small enough to allow for variations to be included.

The four endings are so drastic that they can't reconcile all of them into one game whereby they allow for the variations to exist, and choosing one over the others, or excluding one or two - I could see Control and Synthesis being similar enough to allow for the same story to exist in both of those universes - you're going to leave people feeling disenfranchised, and I don't think that Bioware want's to go there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Won't be picking up after ME3, I'm positive on that.

I mean, does anybody here have any idea how they could pick up from one of the endings, without pissing people off by telling them their character doesn't matter? The reason why a cannon Shepard works in the trilogy is because there is no groundbreaking decision that drastically changes the universe. They can develop around players having different stories because while there certainly are differences, they aren't massive differences. Having one character alive coming into ME3 doesn't massively change anything. It changes certain moments of the game that are small enough to allow for variations to be included.

The four endings are so drastic that they can't reconcile all of them into one game whereby they allow for the variations to exist, and choosing one over the others, or excluding one or two - I could see Control and Synthesis being similar enough to allow for the same story to exist in both of those universes - you're going to leave people feeling disenfranchised, and I don't think that Bioware want's to go there.
    Well I only call it ME4 because it's the fourth ME game, not because it's the fourth chronologically.
    Putin khuliyo

They won't name it Me4. They'll name it Mass Effect: Liberty City Stories or Mass Effect: Bad Company. It'll be some spin off game hopefully not a total waste.

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Well I only call it ME4 because it's the fourth ME game, not because it's the fourth chronologically.
    Exactly. Sort of like they call it Final Fantasy 8 even though it has nothing to do with the first 7 games as far as storyline goes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Exactly. Sort of like they call it Final Fantasy 8 even though it has nothing to do with the first 7 games as far as storyline goes.
    Final Fantasy XV will reveal that they are all taking place in the same world, and the final boss is God who have just been changing peoples memories and the planet like a major cunt because its his only playground because hes chained to it for defying the god pantheon rule of not being a huge dick.

So did bioware say anything interesting on comic con?
    I watched half the video but it was either explaining how something works and how its done, or random applause-baiting.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-07-21 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    So did bioware say anything interesting on comic con?
    I watched half the video but it was either explaining how something works and how its done, or random applause-baiting.
    Well, I find that background stuff interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Well, I find that background stuff interesting.
    Was interesting during PAX East when they went into details, this time not so much.

Wow, so this is incredibly annoying. I got bored so I decided to throw $20 at EA and hope I get lucky with a new character on MP. No luck so far, but the annoying part is: I have to close the game and re-open it every time I purchase a pack or it doesn't actually open the pack.

/tableflip

Deleted
    Wow, so this is incredibly annoying. I got bored so I decided to throw $20 at EA and hope I get lucky with a new character on MP. No luck so far, but the annoying part is: I have to close the game and re-open it every time I purchase a pack or it doesn't actually open the pack.

/tableflip
    I decided to throw $20 at EA and hope I get lucky with a new character on MP.
    Look at him.
    Look at him and laugh.

Look at him.
    Look at him and laugh.
    Yes, laugh at me because I have enough money that I can throw $20 at a game and not care about it. :P

I did get an N7 Shadow out of it, though, so it wasn't a total waste.

Deleted
    and not care about it.
    Kids today, no sense of money value.

Kids today, no sense of money value.
    Oh, I understand the value of money. What I spend on games is set aside specifically for games. Gaming is my hobby. No different than someone spending money to buy a miniature boat set, or a model airplane. I still pay my bills on time and all that fun stuff.

Deleted
    Oh, I understand the value of money. What I spend on games is set aside specifically for games. Gaming is my hobby. No different than someone spending money to buy a miniature boat set, or a model airplane. I still pay my bills on time and all that fun stuff.
    It gets you what you want, what you desire, what makes you happy yet you do not care of tool.
    Appreciate the money you earned, the money you spent for it is the bridge to the games.

Are you speaking in tongues? Or is this Red Bull more potent than I thought? That didn't make any sense to me. O-o

Yes, laugh at me because I have enough money that I can throw $20 at a game and not care about it. :P

I did get an N7 Shadow out of it, though, so it wasn't a total waste.
    No, the problem is not about the throw 20 bucks at "a game". The problem is WHICH game. ME3? Come on... Of all the choices....

Deleted
    I use a tongue to form the sounds your perceive as words, but i do not speak in tongues, i speak in english.