1. #10041
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You didn't find it to arrogant when you said you were remaking your shepard in the past. Remaking is the same as recreating. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...6#post17361706 You changed the story you experienced by creating a new one that stayed loyal to Liara.

    By picking the paths you created a story. Just by picking what flavors of ice cream you wanted on the cone you created an ice cream cone. You create the story you want with in the confines of the game. If you want a ugly blonde Shepard that is ditzy and kills off her entire crew you can create that Shepard.

    The question that will put all of this to rest is did you create your own custom Shepard in the Character Creation screen or did you play with the default Shepard. Wait why is it Character Creation is we can't create anything?
    Woah ! Woah ! You traveled back in time on your truck filled with fucks to give just to find something to throw at me =O *clap*

    To answer your question though, yeah I didn’t, I still don’t, why?

    Making a character in-game =/= Creating game story.

    Yes, I did make one character and I decided to stay loyal to Liara, it was one of various paths that bioware allowed me to pick to see their story…. then again I’ve been through this already. If you don’t agree, oh well, it’s up to you ~ I really cba with it anymore, plus I don’t want to give you extra trouble to go dig around some more of my posts to find some dirt on me =O It’s creepy.

  2. #10042
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    Making a character in-game =/= Creating game story.
    So the character isn't part of the story? We are playing the journey of the character we created. That journey is the story and we create the story of the character we created.

    So I can assume, since you didn't create a story, you played ME3 in Action mode? Because that is playing the story Bioware created for ME3 since it auto-picks.

    "Action mode streamlines the cut scenes with pre-selected dialogue options, throwing in a mix of Paragon and Renegade choices."
    It is no different then any other role playing game. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-pl...-playing_games
    A role-playing game is a game in which the participants assume the roles of characters and collaboratively create stories. Participants determine the actions of their characters based on their characterization, and the actions succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines. Within the rules, they may improvise freely; their choices shape the direction and outcome of the games.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2012-08-05 at 10:41 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  3. #10043
    You believe that by playing the game you are creating your character story.

    I believe that the story was already there, created by Bioware, being only allowed to pick between multiple paths that were already there, also created by bioware.

    Let’s leave it there before I decide to shoot my own foot.

    ============================


    Players will soon be able to arm themselves with the Firefight Pack, a new Single Player Weapon Pack available for download August 7 for $2 or 160 MS points. The Firefight Pack will feature two powerful new weapons and five bonus weapons to use in the fight to Take Back Earth!



    The Firefight Pack includes the following weapons:

    Indra Sniper Rifle: Fully automatic sniper rifle.
    The Indra's low-powered scope leaves it most effective at medium range, but many soldiers believe this limitation is offset by the gun's rapid rate of fire. The Indra is the first military-grade, fully automatic sniper rifle. It has an extremely efficient heat-sink system that allows a surprisingly large number of shots to be fired before the weapon ejects its thermal clip.

    Krysae Sniper Rifle: Heavy turian sniper rifle with explosive rounds and an automatic scope for all-range fighting.
    This turian antimateriel rifle is modified to kill Reaper enemies. The Krysae's scope uses a rangefinder that adjusts to keep the target in proper proportion to the shooter, which comes in useful when the sniper is forced into close range. Its specialized ammunition is both armor-piercing and explosive. In a desperate move, the turians released its specifications over the extranet so that nearly anyone with a fabricator could manufacture this weapon to help the war effort.

    Reegar Carbine: Quarian electrical weapon that's best at close range.
    This electrical weapon improves upon the arc pistol's design by generating a sustained current on its target. This weapon is named for the quarian Reegar family, whose marines have served valiantly against the geth.

    Harrier Assault Rifle: Full-auto Cerberus rifle with low recoil and heat generation.
    These Cerberus-modified Mattock rifles are fully automatic. Cerberus gunsmiths reined in the recoil issues, resulting in a gun that stays on target but delivers slightly less punch per round than a standard Mattock. As such, the weapon is typically utilized by Cerberus's elite troops who train constantly to make every burst count.

    Geth SMG: Fully-automatic geth submachine gun. Its rate of fire increases when the trigger is held.
    This submachine gun works on the same principles as the Spitfire: it shoots superconducting toroids that break apart on impact, retaining an electrical charge that flash-converts the shrapnel into plasma. Unlike the Spitfire, however, this smaller geth weapon has been modified to take thermal clips. Holding down the trigger speeds up its rate of fire, rapidly depleting the gun’s heat sink in exchange for nearly continuous fire.

    Blood Pack Punisher SMG: Submachine gun with a secondary barrel that fires armor-piercing rounds.
    The Punisher features a secondary barrel that fires one armor-piercing round per main-barrel burst. It was developed by Blood Pack gunsmiths who found that their vorcha recruits frequently forgot to optimize ammo loads in the heat of combat. This configuration makes the process automatic and highly effective at penetrating armor.

    Adas Anti-Synthetic Assault Rifle: Electrical weapon that's effective against shields and synthetic targets.
    Named in memory of the quarians killed in the Morning War on the planet Adas, this weapon's electrical attack has been optimized for medium- to long-range firefights. Alliance marines take issue with calling it a "rifle" since, technically, it has no rifling in its barrel. The quarians shrug this off, as quarian weapon terminology rarely translates flawlessly into human languages.
    Last edited by Myobi; 2012-08-06 at 12:01 AM.

  4. #10044
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    You believe that by playing the game you are creating your character story.
    Yes. How else do you explain why my play through is different then your play through? Why the story of my Character is different then the story of your Character? If Bioware is creating the story for my character and your character then shouldn't it be the same story? Who is creating the differences between my story/play-through and your story/play-through?

    The only way that Bioware creates your characters story is if you pick Action mode in ME3 since Bioware has already predetermined what choices you make and what paragon and renegade interrupts you choose. Bioware didn't choose to save the geth for me or choose to not cure the krogan for me. Those are decisions I made and thus the story I created.

    You still seem to be confused what I am saying. I am not saying you create your own paths or that you are playing anything but paths created by Bioware. The collection of paths you picked is the story you created.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  5. #10045
    Le sight, I was politely asking you to shut up about it already mate… I’m no genius, but I know this “discussion” won’t take any of us anywhere.

  6. #10046
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    Le sight, I was politely asking you to shut up about it already mate… I’m no genius, but I know this “discussion” won’t take any of us anywhere.
    Why the hostilities? You're both arguing for the same exact thing. You say you choose your story, Rhorle says you create your story. There isn't any difference between the two. Telling him to shut up doesn't make for a discussion.

  7. #10047
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Contains possible spoilers: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/...fect-3s-ending

    The relevant not really a spoiler line, but I'll tag it anyways, is:
    "Completing the downloadable content creates an additional rift in your ending. You can expect to see multiple Easter eggs, subtle changes, and references to its story when you reach the Extended Cut conclusion."

    So you can see it isn't impacting the 4 major endings of Control, Destroy, Synthesis, and Reject but it will be changing some of the filler or detail parts of those endings. Bioware won't be creating conflicting information with Control because they aren't changing the ending. So that means no new control and no invalidated control.
    OMG, you're quoting IGN??? IGN only concern is to keep EA in business, and show themselves VERY VERY Useful in convincing people to buy from them, hence keeping the FAT paycheck for advertising they receive.

    IGN just want to keep their bread winner, and NOTHING they say about their sponsors can be taken seriously. They would do EVERYTHING for ad money.

    Want to quote something that can be taken seriously? Quote Forbes, Game Blender, The Examiner. But not sites in the publisher's payroll. Those will ALWAYS DEFEND their money source.

    Buu <= WHY I LOVE TO PLAY HUNTERS! => Pendleton

  8. #10048
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,206
    Buu, please tell me you're not serious.

    Also, don't dis Mitchy D.

  9. #10049
    I am not sure if this was brought up, but why did someone argue that the historians/and everyone else would judge Shepard based on his/her actions? Technically, if Shepard chooses Destroy, he is the only living thing that will be around to tell that there were options. In fact, as far as everyone involved with the Crucible knew, it would eliminate the Reapers. If Shepard says nothing, which is not unreasonable if you are even slightly Renegade, everyone would most likely assume that the Geth (and EDI) deaths were an unforseen side-effect of stopping the Reapers.

    Shepard certainly would not be blamed for it. He went in, following orders, nearly died/died, and eliminated the threat that was reaping the entire Galaxy. If anything, the blame would be on those that ordered the weapon to be fired, and even then.. saved total extinction, and all that. It is safe to say that no one knew what the Crucible would do, but everyone wanted it build because of what it COULD do. Even the Geth, if they are alive at that point, help out in its construction.

  10. #10050
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    For ME1? I did and they're pretty buggy.
    ye they will be if you dont enable it do access more than 2gigs of ram.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sekira
    High res textures?
    http://social.bioware.com/project/5275/#comments
    http://social.bioware.com/project/7907/#files
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rning/advanced
    i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz - R9-280X @ 1150Mhz on stock voltage - 8GB of DDR3 Ram @ 1866Mhz

  11. #10051
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Buu, please tell me you're not serious.

    Also, don't dis Mitchy D.
    Please tell me YOU'RE not serious....

    You really believe that ANYONE that lives on the money they get from ads would hurt their income source?

    That would make IGN a HUGE FAIL. They MUST heat the industry, making people want to buy from advertisers. Seriously, you NEVER noticed that?

    We are talking about that site that gave a nice review on BATTLESHIP, THE GAME.

    Geez, BATTLESHIP!!!! They made it look as if Angry Joe went to a different dimension.

    Buu <= WHY I LOVE TO PLAY HUNTERS! => Pendleton

  12. #10052
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Want to quote something that can be taken seriously? Quote Forbes, Game Blender, The Examiner. But not sites in the publisher's payroll. Those will ALWAYS DEFEND their money source.
    http://www.examiner.com/article/mass...ct-3-s-endings
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...fect-3-ending/
    http://gamingbolt.com/mass-effect-3-...l-to-the-story

    Do I need to list more articles that say the exact same thing as I quoted from the IGN story?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  13. #10053
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,206
    IGN didn't review battleship. That's a preview you linked to, and from what I recall Battleship actually looked decent in demos. The gimmick wasn't enough to keep it going when it turned out to actually be a run of the mill third person shooter with poor controls and a bad story.

  14. #10054
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Did you ACTUALLY read those?
    "Just to clarify I did not mean to imply that there will be new endings or important changes to the existing endings. How the DLC impacts the ending is unknown – and according to BioWare’s Mike Gamble the endings won’t “change” at all. Rather, we’ll get more exposition about the Reapers. This is why my post is titled “impact” rather than “change.”"

    " “no, it won’t ‘change’ your ending. It will give more exposition about the reapers though!”

    Given these confirmations from Bioware, it should be made very clear that since the ‘Extended Cut’ DLC there will be zero changes to the endings made in the future. What the new ‘Leviathan’ DLC will do is add conversations toward the end of Mass Effect 3 that will be dependent on what choices gamers make during the DLC."


    "Sounds good, but is this what players really want? The DLC does not impact the main story or the endings in any way and is something just additional story based content for Mass Effect 3 players to enjoy. This should have been included in the main game. A reaper arc where you get to find a weapon strong enough to destroy them is something that would have really suited the main game, but a DLC at this point seems completely useless."

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-05 at 10:07 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    IGN didn't review battleship. That's a preview you linked to, and from what I recall Battleship actually looked decent in demos. The gimmick wasn't enough to keep it going when it turned out to actually be a run of the mill third person shooter with poor controls and a bad story.
    You can add more make up to a clown, but that won't change that his face looks like a clown.

    Buu <= WHY I LOVE TO PLAY HUNTERS! => Pendleton

  15. #10055
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Did you ACTUALLY read those?
    Yes and they all confirm what I said about how the endings won't change. And they all talk about how it will be a "rift" and not a new ending. The Forbes article even has the same line I quoted from the IGN article.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  16. #10056
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,206
    You said they reviewed it. What you linked to wasn't a review. It was a preview. The two are very different. I'm not trying to be rude, that's just the way it is. If you want to show me other proof that they're biased and manipulative, go ahead.

  17. #10057
    OK, OK... Go defending IGN and Bioware, that won't bring ANY of the people that deserted them...

    IGN still receiving a HUGE cut on their advertising contracts from EA, as the new CFO start to work.

    And Bioware still disenfranchised and about to repeat DA2 crap of canceling DLCs to "concentrate in Mass Effect 4".

    We have seem those movie before.

    BTW, Daily Blink is full of Win.

    Buu <= WHY I LOVE TO PLAY HUNTERS! => Pendleton

  18. #10058
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,206
    I'm not defending them, I'm asking you for proof. I'm pointing out where you are wrong. If you have proof and are in fact correct that IGN is full of money hats I would like to see your evidence. If they are then I can be sure to ignore them.

    Why is it so hard for people to provide evidence when they claim it to be abundant?

  19. #10059
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    I'm not defending them, I'm asking you for proof. I'm pointing out where you are wrong. If you have proof and are in fact correct that IGN is full of money hats I would like to see your evidence. If they are then I can be sure to ignore them.

    Why is it so hard for people to provide evidence when they claim it to be abundant?
    Wait, you missed the advertising in the site?
    If you can't accept that bashing the people who pay your bills by showing up advertising in your site is bad business practice, while saying anything that make them sell more is the smart move, well... not really my prerogative to deal with your delusions.

    Buu <= WHY I LOVE TO PLAY HUNTERS! => Pendleton

  20. #10060
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,206
    I have AdBlock Plus, so no, I don't see their ads. I'm sorry you're angry at me, I don't intend to offend.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •