Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Uh... What? No. He outright SAYS that Shepard will die.

Catalyst: You will die. You will control us, but you will lose everything you have.

Shepard: How can I control the Reapers if I'm dead?

Catalyst: Your corporeal form will be dissolved, but your thoughts, and even your memories, will continue. You will no longer be organic. Your connection to your kind will be lost, though you will remain aware of their existence.
    Which means that Shepards organic body will be gone but thoughts and memories remain. That's not exactly dying. It's basically just uploading the consciousness into a reaper. It's not exactly death because Shepard is still there. (S)he's just not organic any more

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Which means that Shepards organic body will be gone but thoughts and memories remain. That's not exactly dying. It's basically just uploading the consciousness into a reaper. It's not exactly death because Shepard is still there. (S)he's just not organic any more
    The thoughts and memories that lets one act upon logic remains, but the emotions are gone.
    So if it is the shepard then its more of a hollow husk of the shepard without a soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I think it just depends on how you look at it. It is the death of organic Shepard, but birth of reaper-Shepard. That said, she doesn't exactly die either (as you said)
    The Shep is male.
    Im just saiyan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    The thoughts and memories that lets one act upon logic remains, but the emotions are gone.
    So if it is the shepard then its more of a hollow husk of the shepard without a soul.
    Not the way I understood it:P She's using the reapers to help rebuild and acting as a guardian. If she had no emotions, why bother? Logically she could just suppress all those puny lesser creatures into being subservient and control everything so nothing could go wrong. Why allow them free will?

The Shep is male.
    Im just saiyan.
    Lies. Shepard is always female. Even the "male" Shepard has just used a lot of steroids so she looks male (but she's still pretty inside)

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. I always interpreted it as Shepard's transcendence. Mortally, she dies. However, her mind doesn't really . . . die, but simply becomes something far greater.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Not the way I understood it:P She's using the reapers to help rebuild and acting as a guardian. If she had no emotions, why bother? Logically she could just suppress all those puny lesser creatures into being subservient and control everything so nothing could go wrong. Why allow them free will?
    Because it was the will of the Shepard, that which forms Ghost Shepard.

It seems like the first human S.P.E.C.T.R.E, became a spectre.

"Noun 1. spectre - a ghostly appearing figurespectre - a ghostly appearing figure"
    Yes, i see what you did there Bioware.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-08-06 at 12:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it was the will of the Shepard, that which forms Ghost Shepard.

It seems like the first human S.P.E.C.T.R.E, became a spectre.

"Noun 1. spectre - a ghostly appearing figurespectre - a ghostly appearing figure"
    Yes, i see what you did there Bioware.
    Huh. Didn't realize Shepard was a James Bond villain.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Huh. Didn't realize Shepard was a James Bond villain.
    He used to be, but he was kicked out for being too efficient.

That's the thing, I don't think it was technically Shepard anymore. It refers to Shepard as someone they were in the past, which to me sounds like they are no longer that person, but rather something different made up of the experiences and thoughts of that person. A sort of reincarnation, if you will. And I do not recall seeing anything in the cinematic to suggest Shepard just "became a Reaper" either, but rather more like became some kind of super consciousness that extended across all Reapers. At any rate, I don't think it could communicate in any way with the people Shepard knew.

Deleted
    That's the thing, I don't think it was technically Shepard anymore. It refers to Shepard as someone they were in the past, which to me sounds like they are no longer that person, but rather something different made up of the experiences and thoughts of that person. A sort of reincarnation, if you will. And I do not recall seeing anything in the cinematic to suggest Shepard just "became a Reaper" either, but rather more like became some kind of super consciousness that extended across all Reapers. At any rate, I don't think it could communicate in any way with the people Shepard knew.
    GhostShep could possess a video screen to communicate with them. maybe.

GhostShep could possess a video screen to communicate with them. maybe.
    Now all I see is pixely faces with electronic screams a la Overlord. Thanks. XD

Deleted
    Why couldn't she? Even the small reapers could talk using normal voice, not to mention Sovereign or Harbinger plus Shepard had that monologue in the end which means it's still a person or a personality as she referred to herself as "I". She didn't become some force of nature or a driving will behind the reapers. It should be as easy as flying to Earth in a reaper body, wave with those tentacle thingies they had and start preaching.

Why couldn't she? Even the small reapers could talk using normal voice, not to mention Sovereign or Harbinger plus Shepard had that monologue in the end which means it's still a person or a personality as she referred to herself as "I". She didn't become some force of nature or a driving will behind the reapers. It should be as easy as flying to Earth in a reaper body, wave with those tentacle thingies they had and start preaching.
    That assumes either A) she has a Reaper body of her own, which, again, there was nothing that I can recall in the cinematic to suggest that, or B) she can pull a Harbinger.

And again, I don't think it was actually Shepard talking in the cinematic. The entire monologue, she referred to Shepard and herself as two separate entities. The language she used suggested that Shepard's death gave birth to whatever it was that was speaking.

Deleted
    That assumes either A) she has a Reaper body of her own, which, again, there was nothing that I can recall in the cinematic to suggest that, or B) she can pull a Harbinger.
    The original catalyst couldnt even forcestart the Citadel relay to summon the reaper armada, so one have to wonder, is the catalysts powers limited to giving out commands?

10+ Year Old Account
    The original catalyst couldnt even forcestart the Citadel relay to summon the reaper armada, so one have to wonder, is the catalysts powers limited to giving out commands?
    That's what he was supposed to say according to the leaked script back in november, I have no idea why they've changed that.

15+ Year Old Account

And again, I don't think it was actually Shepard talking in the cinematic. The entire monologue, she referred to Shepard and herself as two separate entities. The language she used suggested that Shepard's death gave birth to whatever it was that was speaking.
    If <whatever> is in charge of the reapers and can control and direct them then they can easily control a reaper body for the purposes of talking through. While it is just a narrative the ending scene at least implies that <whatever> is still capable of individual communication rather then just being what Legion became with the geth. Legion is no more but Shepard is still <whatever>.

If <whatever> can't control a reaper for the purposes of communication then they aren't really in control of them and can't direct them. <whatever> has to be able to do A and/or B otherwise it invalidates the Control ending and how it set up <whatever>

---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 02:03 PM ----------

That is because the Protheans made it impossible for the Citadel to initiate itself on its own. They modified the keepers so the Citadel would never known the Reapers were ready for the attack. That is why Sovereign was using the Geth because he saw a machine as a more reliable tool then engineered organics.This is also why Sovereign had to reach the Citadel instead of just communicating with it.

We know that the catalyst is bound by programing. Even if it wanted to activate the relay the keepers could have been stopping it themselves. And the Catalyst could have been bound to not harm/destroy the keepers by programing or because it needed the Keepers to keep itself functioning over the cycles. The latter would explain why Sovereign was bringing the Geth to use as a tool rather then just activate the Citadel.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post

That is because the Protheans made it impossible for the Citadel to initiate itself on its own. They modified the keepers so the Citadel would never known the Reapers were ready for the attack. That is why Sovereign was using the Geth because he saw a machine as a more reliable tool then engineered organics.This is also why Sovereign had to reach the Citadel instead of just communicating with it.

We know that the catalyst is bound by programing. Even if it wanted to activate the relay the keepers could have been stopping it themselves. And the Catalyst could have been bound to not harm/destroy the keepers by programing or because it needed the Keepers to keep itself functioning over the cycles. The latter would explain why Sovereign was bringing the Geth to use as a tool rather then just activate the Citadel.
    They disabled the keepers ability to recognize the signal, they didnt disable the catalyst.
    Sovereign using Saren&geth to invade and jumpstart it from inside.

The catalyst, being the citadel, should had been able to activate it on its own.
    It didnt. Mostly because it wasnt there during ME1.

10+ Year Old Account

So good.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

15+ Year Old Account
    They disabled the keepers ability to recognize the signal, they didnt disable the catalyst.
    If your cell phone never gets the call, how do you know that someone was trying to call you? It might also take more then just a flip of a switch to turn the Citadel into a relay. The keepers might have to reorganize the place and do a bunch of work which again isn't possible if they never get the signal.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    [IMG]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/186/2/1/mass_effect_wrex_plush__chibi_style__by_viciouspretty-d56500q.jpg[IMG]

So good.
    Saw the Mordin one on Facebook. Wanted to cuddle it SO hard.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2012-08-06 at 06:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw the Mordin one on Facebook. Wanted to cuddle it SO hard.[COLOR="red"]
    The Asari ones are probably my favorite. Especially Liara. Always had a thing for Liara. That reminds me.

I had a topic I was gonna bring up but it's probably better to just do it in this thread. After going through the series over all these years who is your ultimate ME romance? For me it begins and ends with Liara. I love her character. I know people who remind of her IRL. Theirs a vulnerability about her that I always found kinda sexy. It feels so silly to say that about a fucking video game character but yea that's why I always picked her when I could.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-08-06 at 06:43 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.