would be more impressed on how they made and operated guns
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Deleted
    Does anyone know is there is a mod or some kind of way to get an harder single player experience, through moding or altering game files? Damage wise I feel that insanity is quite good, but I would like higher hit points on most mobs, especially smaller ones. After playing multiplayer for a while in gold/plat single player is way too easy.

Deleted
    And then it was revealed that the leviathan of dis in the upcoming DLC was the dinosaur-reaper.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    And then it turns the Starchild into George Lucas and he tells us how the first species that started this mess were actually midichlorians.
    I don't see why that is supposed to be a joke. It is entirely possible for a species like Midi-chlorians to exist if not with the same effects. The world is currently ruled by phages and midi-chlorians would be their cousins.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't see the Starchild being George Lucas as a joke? Alright then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I don't see why that is supposed to be a joke. It is entirely possible for a species like Midi-chlorians to exist if not with the same effects. The world is currently ruled by phages and midi-chlorians would be their cousins.
    The problem with midichlorians isn't whether or not they can possibly exist, Star Wars is a space fantasy, who cares if it can possibly exist. The problem was that they took away the mysticism of the force and made it a simple biological thing explained by science. That's why midichlorians are seen as a joke, and in turn part of why George Lucas is seen as a joke.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    To all of you FemShep supporters;
    Have you ever thought to yourself "It would be nice if Shepard was the leadsinger of a rockband."?
    If you have, then i have a treat for you from Scooby-Doo.
    If not, its ok, BroShep is superior anyways.

If you never saw Scooby-Doo, i pity you and i recommend you watch it this weekend.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-08-09 at 03:20 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    The problem with midichlorians isn't whether or not they can possibly exist, Star Wars is a space fantasy, who cares if it can possibly exist. The problem was that they took away the mysticism of the force and made it a simple biological thing explained by science. That's why midichlorians are seen as a joke, and in turn part of why George Lucas is seen as a joke.
    That doesn't work because the midi-chlorians are not the force. They are just the connection to the force. The force still isn't explained by science or a simple biological thing. Midi-chlorians are to the force what Amps are to Biotics. There still is nothing joke worthy about it. I don't see people saying Mass Effect is a joke because of how their "space magic" is explained. So why is it funny that someone does the same thing but with a genetic rather then a technological approach?

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Bio-amps
    Last edited by rhorle; 2012-08-09 at 03:58 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Rhorhle, I was being facetious. Do you have to turn this into an argument, too?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That doesn't work because the midi-chlorians are not the force. They are just the connection to the force. The force still isn't explained by science or a simple biological thing. Midi-chlorians are to the force what Amps are to Biotics. There still is nothing joke worthy about it. I don't see people saying Mass Effect is a joke because of how their "space magic" is explained. So why is it funny that someone does the same thing but with a genetic rather then a technological approach?

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Bio-amps
    "The highest known midi-chlorian count belonged to the Jedi Anakin Skywalker (over 20,000 per cell), who was believed to have been conceived by the midi-chlorians. "
    Conceived by intelligent microscopic life forms that lived symbiotically inside the cells of all living things.
    Now thats a massive gangrape.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Rhorhle, I was being facetious. Do you have to turn this into an argument, too?
    I think the first sentence of the mmo-champion FAQ is a sufficient answer: Welcome to the MMO-Champion discussion forums! http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're correcting my joke for a discussion.

I'll keep out of this then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Yeah, sure, if you're into the cliche male space jock.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't Femshep rather cliche, too?

10+ Year Old Account
    That isn't the reason star wars is space fantasy. Your accurate in calling it that but it's for a wholly different reason. The grand masters of science fiction (Asimov, Heinlein, Bradbury) weren't terribly concerned with factual realism. Seriously read Heinleins the cat who talks through walls. It is almost utter fantasy. He has one paragraph in that book that goes into scientific details about how to plot a Lunar orbit and it's the most boring thing in the universe. Same for Asimov, his depiction of Robots may seem realistic but he rarely goes into detail about the mathematical workings of the positronic brain. He has the famous laws of robotics but even those aren't explained in technical terms. The most we get was in Robots of Dawn where we are told that the laws are expression of mathematical formula that govern the functioning of positronic circuits. This becomes even more the case when we look at the works of lesser known (but In my opinion truly great) science fiction authors. Take P.K Dick whos entire career as an author was built around questioning what exactly is real. He NEVER goes into any sort of great scientific detail or even attempted to do so.

The reason star wars is space fantasy and something like mass effect isn't has nothing to do with codex entries about element zero and how realistic the whole thing is. Simply Mass Effect teaches us more about the Human condition. In the great adventure that we get from star wars we learn relatively little about what it means to be people. In something like Mass Effect were left to ask questions and it (hopefully) leaves us introspective about humanity. Heidegger would say (and I agree with him) that the truest and best science fiction (and fiction in general really) leads us back to the question of Being. This is something I find Mass Effect does well and not something that star wars does.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-08-09 at 04:57 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Yeah, sure, if you're into the cliche male space jock.
    FemShep isn't exactly 'breaking the mold' either. Oh, she's a tough girl space marine. That stopped being original about the time Vasquez was totting a smart-gun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Please, let's not get into a pissing contest about who's more cliche. Both have their own appeal. Nothing wrong with preferring one or the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post
    FemShep isn't exactly 'breaking the mold' either. Oh, she's a tough girl space marine. That stopped being original about the time Vasquez was totting a smart-gun.
    Or Dizzy Flores. Sexy sexy sexy dizzy flores...
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    To all of you FemShep supporters;
    Have you ever thought to yourself "It would be nice if Shepard was the leadsinger of a rockband."?
    If you have, then i have a treat for you from Scooby-Doo.

[video=youtube;1P_BlUY2eF4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P_BlUY2eF4[video]
    If you never saw Scooby-Doo, i pity you and i recommend you watch it this weekend.
    So, Shep can't dance, but she can sing? Good to know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Or Dizzy Flores. Sexy sexy sexy dizzy flores...
    I'd like to impale her wit- Oh, wait...