10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekira View Post
    Well In favor of SW, ME has Jacob
    Jacob isn't annoying, he's just . . . the one ME character who's boring.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account

The chick who makes these really ought to get it together and sell the designs or manufacture them. Does this unit have a soul? I don't know but I want one
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    It just looks like a huge "punch here" in the middle of the "face".

Not really about Mass Effect 3, but I just started playing the first one and got to Citadel. The game world seems interesting, the plot and politics are intriguing but I only got one major gripe that almost makes me throw the whole game aside. The game is unplayable because it lacks first person view. I don't want to look at the back of my character's head when aiming with a pistol when camera decides to be an ass. Seriously, another supposedly great game (Dead Space) was ruined by this very thing.

Is there some mods or any solutions to allow first person view in Mass Effect 1?

Illusive Men, a new show from HBO (Hanar Box Office), set in the 2160's at the Cerberus Advertising Agency. Jack Harper is a hard drinking, chain smoker that barely got out of Shanxi alive. Now he'll do anything to keep people from finding out about his shady past and to keep on rising in the Cerberus ranks.

Join us now, in this new series that recaptures the feeling of the swinging 60's, when humanity was on the rise and expansion was universal.

Completely off topic from the current conversation, but I couldn't stop thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Illitti View Post
    Not really about Mass Effect 3, but I just started playing the first one and got to Citadel. The game world seems interesting, the plot and politics are intriguing but I only got one major gripe that almost makes me throw the whole game aside. The game is unplayable because it lacks first person view. I don't want to look at the back of my character's head when aiming with a pistol when camera decides to be an ass. Seriously, another supposedly great game (Dead Space) was ruined by this very thing.

Is there some mods or any solutions to allow first person view in Mass Effect 1?
    Not that I'm aware of. The closest you'd get is looking down a sniper rifle's scope. Though, in ME3, there are scope mods that add the first person zoomed reticle view to pistols (when aiming, you still go back to OTS when not aiming). Though, considering that's not until the final game, it wouldn't help you much.

Also, the game was not "ruined" by a lack of first person view; you don't like it because it has no first person view. There's a difference.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2012-08-16 at 09:07 PM.

Third person shooter and first person shooter are two completely different game types. Saying ME is bad because it isn't FPS isn't very realistic or accurate.

I do remember a Second Person Shooter game though. Cold Fear. Was a great one.
    Last edited by Scorage; 2012-08-16 at 09:08 PM.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post
    Third person shooter and first person shooter are two completely different game types. Saying ME is bad because it isn't FPS isn't very realistic or accurate.

I do remember a Second Person Shooter game though. Cold Fear. Was a great one.
    O.o

2nd Person Shooter?
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    O.o

2nd Person Shooter?
    Assuming it follows the same rules I'm thinking of, the protagonist would be referred to using second-person pronouns like "you." I imagine the gameplay would still be either first-person or OTS/Third-person. I've never played Cold Fear so I wouldn't know.

Judging by this YouTube video, it was indeed OTS and/or first-person. So I guess just the narration style changed if Scorage counts it as second person.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2012-08-16 at 09:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Illusive Men, a new show from HBO (Hanar Box Office), set in the 2160's at the Cerberus Advertising Agency. Jack Harper is a hard drinking, chain smoker that barely got out of Shanxi alive. Now he'll do anything to keep people from finding out about his shady past and to keep on rising in the Cerberus ranks.

Join us now, in this new series that recaptures the feeling of the swinging 60's, when humanity was on the rise and expansion was universal.

Completely off topic from the current conversation, but I couldn't stop thinking about it.
    I would buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post

Illusive men is on the Asari Movie Channel bro I absolutely love Mad Men though
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    There done with my main character in ME3.
    Male Shep, banging Liara in all games, 100% Paragon, picked up the red ending ~
    Replace male with female and same...

Casey Hudson is definitely still alive and kicking.

http://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/c...s_today_got_a/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Casey Hudson is definitely still alive and kicking.

http://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/c...s_today_got_a/
    Damn... need a refund from that assassin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Damn... need a refund from that assassin.
    That's what you get for hiring Kai Leng.

Next time hire Thane.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2012-08-17 at 05:19 PM.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted

Next time hire Thane.
    But I got a discount for handing over Jacob

Deleted

Next time hire Thane.
    Thane never beat Shepard.

Countdown to ban in 3...2...
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-08-17 at 10:31 PM.

Meh the ending is still, story wise, kind of bad with the AI ex machina, but at least with the amount of work in to it, it feels like a real ending for the series now. And the fact that they put so much work and time in to something, and gave it to the fans for free just because the fans were unhappy. That's pretty big of them, and not something I'd expect of a company owned by EA if they thought they could make a buck off it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Meh the ending is still, story wise, kind of bad with the AI ex machina, but at least with the amount of work in to it, it feels like a real ending for the series now. And the fact that they put so much work and time in to something, and gave it to the fans for free just because the fans were unhappy. That's pretty big of them, and not something I'd expect of a company owned by EA if they thought they could make a buck off it.
    Because AI Deus Ex hasn't happened in Mass Effect before....
    The hammer comes down:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Thane never beat Shepard.
    Neither did Kai Leng. On Thessia he got his ass kicked and only won because he ran like a pussy and let his helicopter do all the hard work.
    Putin khuliyo