Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Like I've said in the past, I'd have a far easier time accepting the star child, the Intelligence, the Catalyst, whatever you want to call it if it didn't take the appearance of the kid who gets killed at the start of the game.
    They should have made it whoever died on virmire.
    And waaay more obviously a hologram.

Deleted
    No consumables?

Damn, I use at least one medi gel per mission lol. And this is on Bronze. Guess I better not play this weekend for the good of everyone else.
    I can assist.
    Soloing is so boring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    They should have made it whoever died on virmire.
    And waaay more obviously a hologram.
    Or the Sheppard VI.

If anyone wanna join me this weekend for some non consumable runs add me on origin

RoboDragonslayer
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

I've been playing the ME trilogy for the last several months. I was curious to see if anyone else was having this issue, or has had it before. While playing the story mode, no matter which of my characters I import. Eve dies no matter what. It didn't happen BEFORE the ending cut DLC was released. Playing on the 360.

I've saved Maelon's data (tried imports with both save options). Deactivated the stupid bomb on Tuchanka. Talked to her, Mordin, and even Wrex prior to the mission. Chose paragon options at the summit with the bitchy dalatrass, hell, I don't even do the last renegade interrupt. And Eve still dies! It's getting annoying. The genophage will be cured, Wrex still loves me afterwards.

I'm a completionist, and I like Bakara. Drives me absolutely crazy that she dies...

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    I'm a completionist, and I like Bakara. Drives me absolutely crazy that she dies...
    I think it might depend on how fast you can get her off the salarian base when cerberus attacks. I was kinda slow in my first playthrough and thats the only time she died for me. All my mass effect 2 imports are the same when it comes to mordins mission, save the data and stop him from killing maelon.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

10+ Year Old Account
    Weird, the Wiki states only that the Tuchanka bomb has to be defused and that Maelon's data must be saved. Says nothing about having to do the Sur'kesh mission in a hurry.

I've never had her die when I've saved Maelon's data, only when I didn't.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Does letting Mordin kill Maelon affect it in any way?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Oh man... Wrex and Grunt riding dinosaurs D:
    Seriously that one would be absolutely amazing.

I missed the Rachni Queen and her forces too. To be honest I was kinda disappointed about the ground forces you see ingame (cinematics) ever since I played ME3 for the first time.

There would be so many epic posibilities for cool cinematics.

Krogans led by Wrex and Grunt (on Dinosaurs ofc)
    Geth primes and other geth soldiers
    Quarian marines
    Salarian STG and Hanar/Drell
    Arias Vorcha army (with flamethrowers ofc)
    Shepard´s friends. You know it is kinda silly that you can talk to them prior to the battle but don´t see them in action. Samara pwning reapers, Jack going apeshit, Miranda ... That would have been great.

There would be so many cool posibilities.

Deleted
    Or Grunt headbutting a brute into submission yelling "I. AM. KROGAN!".

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Does letting Mordin kill Maelon affect it in any way?
    Nope. The only thing that matters is if the data is saved or not, doesn't matter how.

And ultimately that doesn't matter since you get the same damn ending anyway. Hell it doesn't even matter if you cure the Krogan, the EC still gives a slideshow with Krogan with babies sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Actually making StarBrat less of a Deus Ex and more of an actual plotpoint and actually an important antagonist.
    It works and it should had been in the game from the start.
    I disagree. He's still a literal Dues Ex Machina. He still comes out of nowhere (even including Leviathan - all they say is 'The Intelligence', they don't say 'an AI that likes to take the ghostly image of dead children and then ask you which Space Magic you'd prefer'.

The ending is still a mess, and no matter what Bioware do it will still be a mess. They are just patching it up, giving it a new paint job and trying really hard to rebrand it. Starchild, or Starbinger as I prefer to call it (since its obviously Harbinger messing with Shepard's head) is still a poorly veiled plotpoint and a complete monster.

And if we take everything at face value, also extremely stupid and willing to throw away billions of years of work all because one human manages to get to his little platform? Yeah, sounds legit.
    Last edited by Durandro; 2012-09-06 at 09:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    And if we take everything at face value, also extremely stupid and willing to throw away billions of years of work all because one human manages to get to his little platform? Yeah, sounds legit.
    The way I understood it, it was because of the Crucible that he gave Shepard those options. He knew that even if Shepard failed, the next cycle, or the one after that, someone down the road would eventually succeed and fire the Crucible. That's why he needed a new solution.

Now I agree that he's still a deus ex that doesn't make a lot of sense, but that one little point there did make sense to me.

Still doesn't explain where the three beams poofed from.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    The ending is still a mess, and no matter what Bioware do it will still be a mess. They are just patching it up, giving it a new paint job and trying really hard to rebrand it. Starchild, or Starbinger as I prefer to call it (since its obviously Harbinger messing with Shepard's head) is still a poorly veiled plotpoint and a complete monster.
    Leviathan clearly indicates it is not Harbinger. Since the Catalyst predates the first reapers as it was the Catalyst that gave the first reaper, Harbinger, its name and form. There has always been hints at something controlling the Citadel, since the core servers/controls have never been found, and ME3 revealed that to be an VI. We also know that Citadel VI's can take any form as Avina took the form of the first race to discover the Citadel in this cycle, the Asari.

Up until Shepard actually makes his choice the Reapers still are in it to win. The child form is clearly a last line of defense to emotionally unhinge a nearly dead Shepard. A child that has been part of a reoccurring nightmare for Shepard as the weight of the Reaper invasion crashes down upon his mind.

The ending is hardly a mess and is hardly stupid. The Catalyst is still bound by its programing though it does have certain freedoms to perform that programing. The Crucible is essentially a computer virus that rewrites part of the Catalyst's programing allowing 3 new possibilities (4 if you have the extended cut). The Crucible restricts the Catalyst from making the choice itself which is why you can see some subtle hints at what it wants to happen. The Catalyst wasn't willing, it was forced. Which is why if you just sit there and take to long or refuse to make a choice everything happens as normal.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    I wouldnt call refusal a new possibility, its the script that it have been operating by the last few million years.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    And they are not the assets, its the reaper forces that they mindcontrol via the Spheres of Doom.
    Ok, but how many Reapers can 1 Levi control? (If we accept that there are only 3 of them in the Galaxy.)

From the cutscenes it seems it's a one-on-one issue. That's why I think they are just minor assets.

Hah, we could use some access to the Shadow Broker's database lol...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post
    From the cutscenes it seems it's a one-on-one issue. That's why I think they are just minor assets.
    It is definitely not a one to one ratio otherwise the mining colony on Mahavid wouldn't have been completely dominated. It wouldn't have been as dramatic to have both brutes dominated in the cutscene which is likely why Bioware only had one of them controlled. http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/War...hrallment_Team also indicates that it isn't a 1:1 ratio as well.

All of that applies to the Reaper troops only. The Reapers themselves can't be dominated otherwise they wouldn't have won the war in the first cycle. What stops the Reaper from destroying the shuttle at the end of Leviathan is the same energy pulse that knocked out the Normandy and all the other ships that crashed into the ocean on 2181 Despoina
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Mark Meer cosplaying as BroShep. Lulz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Mark Meer cosplaying as BroShep. Lulz

Considering he's a voice actor, I find it strange that I can recognize his face, from only one youtube interview I've seen with him.
    Putin khuliyo

Considering he's a voice actor, I find it strange that I can recognize his face, from only one youtube interview I've seen with him.
    Same, and ditto for Jennifer Hale. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    That Samara cosplay is probably one of the best costumes I've ever seen.