Most. Casual. Announcement. Ever.

This will be epic!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyiommi View Post
    squeeeeeeeeeeee!
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Already posted in the DA3 thread, but posting it here as well since it's just as relevant to this IP.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/09/18/r...eschuk-retire/
    Sissies. Run away after you screwed up your own company. I used to love you guys, but that really is your ultimate insult.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Option to depose Aria and become Queen of Omega please (even on male shep, the title doesn't change)
    "I am commander Shepard, alliance dragqueen"

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought this was pretty cool, I don't really like the song choice but still it was pretty neat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    It also confirms that there are no current plans for Mass Effect 4. As further down they state that the Mass effect project leads are starting work on a new "single" game with an entirely new universe and new game technology. That doesn't mean that ME4 won't ever happen but it doesn't sound like they have any current plans to start development of it.

At least not with all the same people.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    "That's not a real queen!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    That's...that's not a real queen!

Edit: I see Nerraw has beaten me to it. Good show, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It also confirms that there are no current plans for Mass Effect 4. As further down they state that the Mass effect project leads are starting work on a new "single" game with an entirely new universe and new game technology. That doesn't mean that ME4 won't ever happen but it doesn't sound like they have any current plans to start development of it.

At least not with all the same people.
    But the Mass Effect universe is vast, and Casey and our teams have plans for another full game.
    From the very same paragraph about Mass Effect.

---------- Post added 2012-09-19 at 12:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    That's...that's not a real queen!

Edit: I see Nerraw has beaten me to it. Good show, sir.
    *tips hat*

"Don't fuck with Aria."

I hope there is an exception to this rule. I expect compensation for my effort lol.

Balance changes and new MP weapon!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    September 18, 2012
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Argus Assault Rifle now available as a new Rare weapon

Locust SMG
    - Damage increased from [37.7-47.1] to [40.8-51.0]
    - Headshot damage multiplier increased from 2.5 to 3
    - Magazine size increased from 20 to 25
    - Max spare ammo increased from [260-340] to [275-350]

Viper Sniper Rifle
    - Damage increased from [265.6-332.0] to [292.1-365.2]

Incisor Sniper Rifle
    - Damage increased from [74.6-93.3] to [84.8-106.0]

Raptor Sniper Rifle
    - Encumbrance decreased from [1.75-1.0] to [1.0-0.7]

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...143/2#14160694

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboA View Post
    I had a weird but intresting thought the other day.
    Considering i romanced liara on my last playthrough, she now carries the biological marker of shepard.

Imagine the shadow broker with all her resources starts making an army of little shepards. When they all grow up with shepards charisma and combat skills they could conquer the galaxy with liara as the grand matriarch of the universe.

Considering how persuasive shepard can be there is no telling how many armies and "inside" people they can get working for them.
    Just because she could have the biological DNA of Shepard due to some fun time up in Shepards Lair it does not mean that the children (assuming she will have them) will be like Shepard. Its not genetic, those features are learned throughout life not genetic.

---------- Post added 2012-09-18 at 11:43 PM ----------

Ray Muzyka & Greg Zeschuk Retire

Oh snap,
    -K

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    From the very same paragraph about Mass Effect.
    • BRAND NEW GAMES FROM BIOWARE – Both Dragon Age and Mass Effect started as single games but grew into vast universes. But we aren’t stopping there. While Casey continues to oversee the development of our new Mass Effect project, he and his leads are putting together their vision for an all new game set in a fictional universe, built from the bottom-up with all new gaming technology.
    They really can't develop two games at once and have realistic goals and release schedules for both. It is possible but it is a lot of strain on developers and resources to do two things at once. It also seems silly to have them devout time towards a new game with a different IP and systems while having them develop a Mass Effect 4.

Eventually something has to give. Mass Effect 4, or the new game. It doesn't sound like Mass Effect 4 will be any time soon since from the blog post asks for idea so stuff is still in a "what should we do phase".
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    They really can't develop two games at once and have realistic goals and release schedules for both. It is possible but it is a lot of strain on developers and resources to do two things at once. It also seems silly to have them devout time towards a new game with a different IP and systems while having them develop a Mass Effect 4.

Eventually something has to give. Mass Effect 4, or the new game. It doesn't sound like Mass Effect 4 will be any time soon since from the blog post asks for idea so stuff is still in a "what should we do phase".
    I'm curious what the new IP will be. To be honest I would prefer a new universe to another mass effect game.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by H3llion View Post
    Just because she could have the biological DNA of Shepard due to some fun time up in Shepards Lair it does not mean that the children (assuming she will have them) will be like Shepard. Its not genetic, those features are learned throughout life not genetic.

---------- Post added 2012-09-18 at 11:43 PM ----------

Ray Muzyka & Greg Zeschuk Retire

Oh snap,
    Shepard's Lair? *inserts a quarter and attempts to save the galaxy in a series of QTE's*

Deleted
    A new game.
    With a total of 4 Day 1 DLCs.

The thing is, they've been "upgrading" the Montreal studio over the past 6 months or so, with the most interesting posting being a Mass Effect lead writer position. So instead of being merely a branch of Edmonton, they're turning it into a standalone development studio. It's probably gonna be Montreal who're gonna be doing the majority of work on the next ME, while Edmonton starts focusing on the new IP.

New MP weekend, new weapon, and an updated stat chart!

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/09/19/operation-patriot/

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if "for the alliance" is a warcraft spoof. Apparently nobody likes batarians either.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Those are Batarians after Earth got launched though. It is not surprising considering how much gametime the various N7 classes must have gotten.