Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Side note: was there any story background given regarding the collectors' appearance again or was it just sort of a "Here. Just assume they're leftovers that weren't at the base when you kaboom'd it" thing?
    I'm pretty sure they will be involved in the next Single player DLC.

Omega is the closest place to the Omega 4 Relay, Cerberus probably took it over in order to have a close access to the relay. They probably made most of their experiment related to the collector base there.

Taking Omega back from Cerberus is beeing nice to Aria, but not something Shepard would do just for the sake of it.

What I'm guessing is that Collectors were Prothean re-engineered to be more easily controlled by Reapers than a regular endoctrinated prothean. If Cerberus is able to control Husks and so on with the Reaper tech, they probably tried/succeeded to do the same with what was left of the collectors.

Something went wrong, Reapers took over the control over the collectors, etc...

Or it's just a multiplayer gag.

Though they did bring back Harby's voice actor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekira View Post
    I'm pretty sure they will be involved in the next Single player DLC.

Omega is the closest place to the Omega 4 Relay, Cerberus probably took it over in order to have a close access to the relay. They probably made most of their experiment related to the collector base there.

Taking Omega back from Cerberus is beeing nice to Aria, but not something Shepard would do just for the sake of it.

What I'm guessing is that Collectors were Prothean re-engineered to be more easily controlled by Reapers than a regular endoctrinated prothean. If Cerberus is able to control Husks and so on with the Reaper tech, they probably tried/succeeded to do the same with what was left of the collectors.

Something went wrong, Reapers took over the control over the collectors, etc...
    damn son, do you work for Bioware?

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Ignorance may be bliss, but its not effective.
    Doesn't matter, still blissful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Not yet, but apparently they said at comic con that they'd handle that some time. But who knows, perhaps Omega sees the return of them.
    Perhaps. Doesn't really bother me either way. The "they weren't at the base when you kaboom'd it" explanation is enough for me but I won't bitch if we get more. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as the explanation doesn't invalidate our actions in ME2 (kinda like the Catalyst invalidates Sovereign . . . a little bit) then I have no problem with the idea that not all the Collectors where WTFASPLODED at the end of ME2.

My guess is that the destruction of the human proto-Reaper and the inevitable invasion that was just a few months away made the continued abductions of human colonists pointless. Stymied Harbinger's plans, but he . . . found another way.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    As long as the explanation doesn't invalidate our actions in ME2 (kinda like the Catalyst invalidates Sovereign . . . a little bit) then I have no problem with the idea that not all the Collectors where WTFASPLODED at the end of ME2.

My guess is that the destruction of the human proto-Reaper and the inevitable invasion that was just a few months away made the continued abductions of human colonists pointless. Stymied Harbinger's plans, but he . . . found another way.
    What you did there... I sees it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    ^Damn, I got to put that on my msn & facebook.
    I want copyrights.
    You better include "© Gravath the angry sage"

I wish that in ME4 theres no classes, but are more like DE:HR where you just pick and grab from different skills.
    Cloak, Biotic Charge, Singularity and Sabotage.
    Toopled with barrier, blade armor and shield drain.
    Mmhmm.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-10-15 at 08:00 PM.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/10/16/g...e-weapon-pack/

New SP weapon pack, including two never-seen-before ones.

Uuuu new shinies to shoot stuff with. Yay!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    October 16, 2012
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Krogan Shaman Adept kit now available as a new Rare card

The hazard maps available this week are Firebase Giant and Firebase Ghost

Medals
    - Bronze Melee medal now requires 10 kills instead of 5
    - Silver Melee medal now requires 25 kills instead of 10
    - Gold Melee medal now requires 50 kills instead of 15

Challenges
    - Added a Krogan Shaman challenge to Bloodpack Mastery
    - Fixed an issue where extracting with the new Retaliation kits was not registering certain challenges
    - Challenges that required extraction weren't properly crediting the case where exactly 3 out of 4 players extracted
    - The changes below were put in place to fix a bug where some players could no longer progress after unlocking a Gold challenge:
    - Combat Mastery goal changed from 9 to 12
    - Cerberus Mastery goal changed from 17 to 21
    - Reaper Mastery goal changed from 15 to 18
    - Geth Mastery goal changed from 12 to 18
    - Collector Mastery goal changed from 12 to 15

Acolyte Pistol
    - Removing charge mechanic - now fires instantly
    - Rate of fire is now 40, with a minimum fire time of 1 second
    - The overall DPS should be similar, but this fixes an infinite Missile Launcher exploit

Krysae Sniper Rifle
    - Can no longer hold the fire button to zoom in the scope - now fires instantly
    - This fixes an infinite Missile Launcher exploit

Widow Sniper Rifle
    - Damage increased from [867-1083.8] to [997-1246.3]

Krysae Sniper Rifle
    - Damage increased from [429-548] to [493.4-616.8]

Kishock Sniper Rifle
    - Damage increased from [774.5-968.1] to [890.7-1113.4]
    - Percentage of total damage that is done as bleed damage increased from 33% to 40%
    - Bleed damage duration reduced from 10 to 5 seconds (the same damage is spread over a shorter duration)

Black Widow Sniper Rifle
    - Damage increased from [591.2-739] to [739.0-923.8]

Javelin Sniper Rifle
    - Damage increased from [1030.5-1288.1] to [1236.6-1545.8]

Deleted
    Yay sniper buffs

15+ Year Old Account
    That change makes the kyrsae less cool. Sure it has exploding bullets and all but you can do the ammo upgrade to accomplish similar effects. The little scope zoom is what made it awesome in my opinion. Love the rifle buffs though will make my destroyer black widow all the more deadly.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I'd rather have a little less cool than let the fucking cheaters run rampant.

Krogan Shaman... do want!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    http://blog.bioware.com/2012/10/16/g...e-weapon-pack/

New SP weapon pack, including two never-seen-before ones.
    Meh, that's not the sort of DLC I'll ever be interested in. Give me story content DLC like Leviathan or LotSB/Arrival/Kasumi/Overlord from ME2.

Don't have anything against it in principle, just can't be assed to spend real world money on weapons.
    Putin khuliyo

Venom Shotgun. Can fire instantly, can charge for greater effect. At Rank 5, holds 16 spare, with 4 on the clip. Charging does not consume extra ammo. Charging makes the ammo explode on contact, releasing smaller shells that also explode, effectively firing a cluster grenade.

In short, a shotgun grenade launcher. Works similar to falcon with less range, but HELL OF A LOT more damage. Isn't that heavy. Asari design.

On insanity, almost 1 shots a brute, on a character that is fully power damage specced. (Does not use regular ammo, so I guess the piercing mod I had it on was useless. Or given how much damage it did to the brute, it was very useful. I should test it again.)

Upgrading Typhoon on SP is cheap. Overall, worth the price.

Executioner is a strange weapon. Holds 1 ammo per clip, slow fire rate, I'm assuming it works like Talon but the spread and recoil of it was too much to be of good use in Insanity where I had 2 brutes and Banshees charging at me with Marauders firing in the back.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post
    On insanity, almost 1 shots a brute, on a character that is fully power damage specced.
    Bronze obviously.
    How is it on a proper difficulty?

It's not in MP yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Bronze obviously.
    How is it on a proper difficulty?
    I would imagine Insanity is a proper difficulty considering it is the highest one availible if you want to test that particular gun.

It is indeed extremely powerful. The Pistol is actually good too for its general weight and damage. Quite a good sidearm.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://blog.bioware.com/2012/10/18/operation-bloodlust/

No community goal this time, and remember you now get the reward pack instantly upon completing the operation goal. Might be a little difficult to get a melee gold medal with four others trying for it or stealing your kills. Likely best to do it on solo.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."