Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post

Arc Pistol
    - Damage multiplier when fully charged increased from 2.0 to 3.0
    might be fun

Deleted
    Damn that new heavy armor set for EDI is absolutely brilliant !!! Looks so good. Nice to see that Garrus obtained a set of Terminus assault armor too Liara looks so good in her new outfit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Yea it can go either way. Ascended Daniel Jackson or Anubis. That's the beauty of it though. Control ending shep reflects you being a good guy or a bad guy best I think. Overall theirs a certain degree of irony that (IMHO) TIM was right on the money when he said controlling the repears was the best thing they could do. His motives for doing it were just poor and xenophobic.
    The best part was that I always felt like he had a good idea but couldn't just pick the option for, "I agree now get the f out of my way and let me do it". But yeah his motives were wrong but I like the Idea of control the best because it lets everyone be themselves. Though I would have picked Destroy in a heart beat if the Geth would have lived. It was just to much fun watching the Migrant fleet react to legion in 2 and the stupid Quarians blowing up a Geth Dreadnought to let the geth having a few weeks of peace.

And I just love the Stargate reference. Who knows maybe there is a chance the Reapers will create a body for Shepard just to get away from him...

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 10:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    A little meh. Though Garrus and Shepard do look nice in their armor. EDI doesn't look that nice but it could just be something that doesn't display well in a 2d picture.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    How.. how is that reasoning?

"Xenophobia is a dislike or fear of people from other countries or of that which is foreign or strange."
    Which is actually entirly reasonable.
    Firstly we have the krogan. I belive you are familiar with them.
    Then we have the turians which are known to be the strongest military power in the galaxy.

Humanity isnt exactly in a safe position.
    So its perfectly reasonable to act to protect and strengthen humanity.

"Megalomania is a psycho-pathological condition characterized by delusional fantasies of power, relevance, or omnipotence. 'Megalomania is characterized by an inflated sense of self-esteem and overestimation by persons of their powers and beliefs'."
    That doesnt actually fit TIM.
    He was well aware of his limitations, and he was right about controlling the reapers.
    Not to give himself power, but to protect mankind.

That's clever but not quite accurate. It wasn't about protecting mankind, it was pure racism. Protecting mankind isn't quite an accurate description of what TIM was after I feel. It doesn't cover the whole gamut. Megalomania and species ism fit Tim to the letter T because thats more or less what he was after. It wasn't simple about making sure mankind survives, it was about making sure that mankind RULED. Power corrupts...

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 03:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The best part was that I always felt like he had a good idea but couldn't just pick the option for, "I agree now get the f out of my way and let me do it". But yeah his motives were wrong but I like the Idea of control the best because it lets everyone be themselves. Though I would have picked Destroy in a heart beat if the Geth would have lived. It was just to much fun watching the Migrant fleet react to legion in 2 and the stupid Quarians blowing up a Geth Dreadnought to let the geth having a few weeks of peace.

And I just love the Stargate reference. Who knows maybe there is a chance the Reapers will create a body for Shepard just to get away from him...

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 10:26 PM ----------

A little meh. Though Garrus and Shepard do look nice in their armor. EDI doesn't look that nice but it could just be something that doesn't display well in a 2d picture.
    I agree. If destroy wasn't so arbitrary and a bit more selective destroy would have been the better ending. Control suggests that shep is the one in power here but that would be interesting one day if they decided shep was to much, over threw him and spit him back out onto a planet somewhere in the skillian verge with no memory of himself or the power he wielded.

Deleted
    How to make groups quit at the Mission screen.
    Select volus

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 06:37 AM ----------

Non-carried plat to shush gravath

Actually easier than gold in some ways, the totally stupid people seem to avoid plat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    That's clever but not quite accurate. It wasn't about protecting mankind, it was pure racism. Protecting mankind isn't quite an accurate description of what TIM was after I feel. It doesn't cover the whole gamut. Megalomania and species ism fit Tim to the letter T because thats more or less what he was after. It wasn't simple about making sure mankind survives, it was about making sure that mankind RULED. Power corrupts...

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 03:36 AM ----------

I agree. If destroy wasn't so arbitrary and a bit more selective destroy would have been the better ending. Control suggests that shep is the one in power here but that would be interesting one day if they decided shep was to much, over threw him and spit him back out onto a planet somewhere in the skillian verge with no memory of himself or the power he wielded.
    Well I do think that it started out as protecting mankind but that changed to pure racism after TIM got indoctrinated by that artifact he found during the first contact war. You know TIM saw how the Turians treated humanity when they first encountered them namely with war. So that means that he had a solid reasoning behind his plan to ascend and protect humanity. Well over time his indoctrination got worse and worse and so did his motives.

This can be seen if you compare TIM in ME2 and ME3. In ME3 he really lost his mind after the reapers showed up. He was basically like Saren in ME1 he was just a pawn to the reapers by that time. In ME2 he was not that crazy.

To the control ending: Well I think it is a bit risky for the galaxy to keep the reapers around with Shepard as mastermind. Of course a 100% paragon Shep might protect the races permanently but a Shepard that is a bit more renegade might change his mind or start to get too tyrannical. This could lead to another war with the Reapers or even an overthrown Shepard.

I don´t know but I would not feel save when those Reapers are still around. I mean when you choose synthesis they have absolutely no intention left to do anything bad but if Shepard controls them then they basically still do what Shep tells them to do. If he orders them to attack the Krogans or stuff then they do it.

Deleted
    I love how you argue that destroy is a lesser choice because it destroys.
    Its renegade-red just because you get to suckerpunch the reapers and the entire galaxy.
    Its actually the only way you get to finish what you set out to do - destroy the reapers like you told TIM oh so any times.

"overthrown Shepard."
    You mean, someone new pulls a control ending and kicks Shepard out of office like he did to Starbrat?

Deleted
    I love how you argue that destroy is a lesser choice because it destroys.
    Its renegade-red just because you get to suckerpunch the reapers and the entire galaxy.
    Its actually the only way you get to finish what you set out to do - destroy the reapers like you told TIM oh so any times.

"overthrown Shepard."
    You mean, someone new pulls a control ending and kicks Shepard out of office like he did to Starbrat?
    I don´t think that destroy is a lesser ending at all !! Destroy is the ending that a "true" Shepard would have chosen. I mean he worked to destroy them in all 3 games starting with killing Sovereign, then destroying the reaper-controlled Collectors, and finally destroying the reapers completely.

That´s just the ending I see fit for my Shepard, even a full paragon Shepard. How can he control those things when he saw what they were capable to do on earth and other planets?

"overthrown Shepard" is not that likely to be honest but who knows maybe he looses control over the reapers and then someone like the starbrat takes control over them again you know some sort of what happened to the forsaken in WoW. They were controlled by the Lich King in a similar way Shepard controls the Reapers. Somehow the LK lost control over a fraction of his "mind controlled" army and so the Forsaken got away from him.

I dunno but that may sound a bit weird yet I think that destroy is the only ending for a true Shep

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 11:41 AM ----------

I have actually chosen the destroy ending in 80% of my playthroughs.

Deleted
    Wasnt that because Illidan was working on sinking the entire continent of Northrend into the sea?
    I would love to see anyone try that with the whole galaxy.

Aria, perhaps?

And i agree with destroy being the right, like Shep himself said: "If we destroy them this ends today. But what if you cant control them?".
    Not to mention how incredibly nervous everyone would be with the reapers around.
    They have to be destroyed to achieve peace. (or atleast after wreav gets the krogan race killed in the aftermath)

Deleted
    Wasnt that because Illidan was working on sinking the entire continent of Northrend into the sea?
    I would love to see anyone try that with the whole galaxy.

Aria, perhaps?

And i agree with destroy being the right, like Shep himself said: "If we destroy them this ends today. But what if you cant control them?".
    Not to mention how incredibly nervous everyone would be with the reapers around.
    They have to be destroyed to achieve peace. (or atleast after wreav gets the krogan race killed in the aftermath)
    Yeah the LK lost control over Sylvanas and her forsaken because Illidan tried to destroy him with a powerful artifact, this caused him to loose power and lead to the forsaken breaking free from his grasp.

Maybe there will be an evil guy in the future that tries the same with the reapers? Who knows?

At least I would not feel save when there are still those reapers around even if I knew that Shepard controls them. As you already wrote Shepard asks TIM what happens if this control fails and thats how a true Shepard thinks about that stuff.

Why risk another reaper war when he can destroy them? In a post-control galaxy the reapers and krogans are the biggest fear for the galaxy.

Deleted
    And the levvis.
    Who knows what they are up to.

Also why its good to wipe out the krogan, you dont want them to be controlled by some demigodian entities.
    Atleast you can wring a turians neck.

Deleted
    And the levvis.
    Who knows what they are up to.

Also why its good to wipe out the krogan, you dont want them to be controlled by some demigodian entities.
    Atleast you can wring a turians neck.
    The Leviathans want to take the postition of the true master race of the galaxy once more and we already learned that they do that by MCing lesser species. It would be disastrous for the galaxy if they would control the krogans.

You know a bunch of goldlike squids that control an entire army of krogans ... and the reapers around too ... that would be a galaxy I would not want to live in.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 12:07 PM ----------

By the way: I always loved the cerberus armor on my soldier because an Alliance Shepard with that armor looks weird

Operation: PRIVATEER (November 23rd-25th)

Cerberus’s hit-and-run attacks in the Terminus Systems have tied down a disproportionate number of local fighting ships and operations. We can spare only a small, elite force to eliminate the enemy. This force has the secondary objective of analyzing and finding a weakness in Cerberus’s kinetic barrier technology, which is key to bringing down large-scale hardened barriers.

Individual Goal: Earn 50,000 points versus any enemy with shields on any map, at any difficulty. Points are cumulative across matches. (Cerberus Centurion, Cerberus Engineer, Cerberus Engineer Turret, Cerberus Nemesis, Cerberus Atlas, Reaper Marauder, Geth Rocket Trooper, Geth Hunter, Geth Pyro, Geth Prime, Geth Prime Turret, Geth Prime Rocket Drone, Geth Bomber)

Allied Goal: Complete 50,000 cumulative total extractions of Batarian, Vorcha, or Turian characters.

Special Circumstance: None

Individual Goal Success: All individual players awarded a Commendation Pack and Corsair banner

Allied Goal Success: All players awarded a Victory Pack and the potential max capacity for Ops Survival Kit will be increased to 6.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/11/21/operation-privateer/

time do dust of my turian sentinel to overload some shields
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

https://twitter.com/Mark_Meer/status/271314579936645120

Mark Meer can look a LOT like David Tennant when he wants to.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    https://twitter.com/Mark_Meer/status/271314579936645120

Mark Meer can look a LOT like David Tennant when he wants to.
    Holy shit. Now all we need is David Tennant in a commander shep outfit or maybe Eccleston. Yea Eccleston would probably make a better shep.

Deleted
    Sure have been creeping up alot of doctor who fandom, whats the allure?
    Doesnt seem like anything special, just a generic low-budget 70s sci-fi.

Sure have been creeping up alot of doctor who fandom, whats the allure?
    Doesnt seem like anything special, just a generic low-budget 70s sci-fi.
    Yea I don't really get it either. The Doctor has been around since the 60s and was never this popular before. As a long time sci fi geek it's kinda puzzling to find people embracing the figures and characters you've always embraced and watched in the past. It's a good show, has it's moments and I liked david tennant (not so much matt smith) but this sorta popularity the character has garnered now is amusing. It's just doctor who guys calm down.