Dude does a Platinum solo with the Volus Engineer.

Deleted
    3 targets waves.
    pffff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    @Scorage:
    What people dont realise in games, is that support also need support. They dont have the impenetrable defense most people seem to think they have.

Just look at this cake:
    Damn now I know which cake I want on my next birthday lol

Still 4 days left till Omega I want to play it so badly ... hopefully it will be as good as I imagine it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Damn now I know which cake I want on my next birthday lol

Still 4 days left till Omega I want to play it so badly ... hopefully it will be as good as I imagine it to be.
    Exactly why I learned long ago to not let myself hype up anything. lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Exactly why I learned long ago to not let myself hype up anything. lol
    Yeah that´s exactly what I usually do too but I made the mistake to click a few links that contained screenshots from Omega (female Turian and stuff) and now I am pretty hyped. Mostly on the story tho.

I was asking myself a lot of questions about the possible story of the DLC like what you can do with the base once you free it or how you can even free it, maybe it goes wrong somehow and you have to make hard decisions. Those are the things that get me hyped a lot. I too heard that it is gonna be more of a LotSB size of DLC in regards of the content not as "small" as Leviathan or Overlord or other smaller ones.

Maybe we can even give Omega to Hackett and not back to Aria? Even kill or imprison her? So many questions yet the answer is still a few days ahead.

Yeah that´s exactly what I usually do too but I made the mistake to click a few links that contained screenshots from Omega (female Turian and stuff) and now I am pretty hyped. Mostly on the story tho.
    And this is why I avoid info on new DLC such as this like the plague, though that's easier said than done when you visit this thread. lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Dude does a Platinum solo with the Volus Engineer.

What the fuck ... did this guy just solo platinum? ... on a VOLUS??? ... seriously I am speechless.

This guy has to be either Mione (WoW soloer) or another beast. He got pretty lucky tho because he was pretty low a few times. Also 1:30 hours? How can you stay on your toes that long?

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 10:45 AM ----------

And this is why I avoid info on new DLC such as this like the plague, though that's easier said than done when you visit this thread. lol
    It´s not too bad to be hyped about Omega tho´. I am pretty sure that it is going to be good. Maybe not as good as Lair but there is a very high chance that it is going to be way better than Leviathan even if I have to admit that I liked Levi a lot.
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2012-11-23 at 09:46 AM.

It´s not too bad to be hyped about Omega tho´. I am pretty sure that it is going to be good. Maybe not as good as Lair but there is a very high chance that it is going to be way better than Leviathan even if I have to admit that I liked Levi a lot.
    True but then it's bound to be more awesome when you go into it without any preconceptions about how awesome it's gonna be. Which is why I avoid hype. XD

Deleted
    What the fuck ... did this guy just solo platinum? ... on a VOLUS??? ... seriously I am speechless.

This guy has to be either Mione (WoW soloer) or another beast. He got pretty lucky tho because he was pretty low a few times. Also 1:30 hours? How can you stay on your toes that long?
    Plat was solo'd by them pretty much the same day as Volus came out
    That was the new engy

Deleted
    True but then it's bound to be more awesome when you go into it without any preconceptions about how awesome it's gonna be. Which is why I avoid hype. XD
    Yeah that´s true. I am not that type of person that is easily disappointed by things that are not as good as I imagined them too be. I even managed to live with the original endings without crying a river like most other guys on the ME boards did back then and still do.

So yeah even if it´s not that good I still appreciate that DLC just for bringing me back to SP.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 10:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Plat was solo'd by them pretty much the same day as Volus came out
    That was the new engy
    I was kinda impressed how you can last on such a fragile class against that many enemies. I mean there are a ton of Banshees and even Phantoms and Geth Primes ... does not look easy at all.
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2012-11-23 at 09:56 AM.

Skilled player soloing plat vs. random guy trying out Volus. Not exactly what I was talking about. You don't run around meleeing stuff because there is a Kroguard in the party, but you start running away from everything as a group because there is a Volus.

I did see several experienced Volus players in gold runs. Usually the run ends before anyone's shields can pop let alone a downed player. Problem is encountering one in Silver. I do silver runs to level up a freshly promoted kit. Volus I encounter in Silver runs usually are nightmares.

I've got no problems with fragile stuff. Geth Engineer is my go to guy, and I run a Flamethrower turret. Volus kits look fine aside from the Sentinel one. (Orbs or Recon mine are better if you ask me. Especially Recon mine.) But it'll be a cold day in hell before I pick Volus for a random run.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Deleted
    I usually play lots of random bronze and silver games to level up freshly promoted classes or to try out kits that I just unlocked. To be honest normally you can imagine that it is pretty easy to survive all 10 waves on bronze (easy on solo bronze) but there are guys that manage to fuck up on every single wave starting with wave 1 !!!

You can´t compare a few dedicated guys that solo platinum with the crowd that fucks up on a simple bronze run.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 11:40 AM ----------

BTW: What´s the point in adding more and more war assets with each DLC when they already reduced the needed EMS for the best ending to 3000 or something?

I smell some perfect ending once we have done all DLCs and collected all those war assets. You know Omega will add a bunch of assets too, for what? I am pretty sure that they don´t add them for giggles.

Maybe once you have collected those assets like Leviathans, Omega assets and future DLCs then you will most likely have a shitload of EMS plus people like me who love to promote MP kits have a ton of assets anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    My only grievance about Omega is the lack of Squadmate involvement. The lack of squad dialogue and interaction has a way of making the mission feel disjointed from the rest of the game, at lest that's how I felt with the mute squadmates in LotSB and Overlord.

But I have high hopes that Aria and Nyreen will satisfy so I remain optimistic.

BTW: What´s the point in adding more and more war assets with each DLC when they already reduced the needed EMS for the best ending to 3000 or something?
    Continuity. But aside from that, I actually like War Assets, not because of the affect they have on your ending or game in general, but because, like Planet descriptions, I feel they add to the universe. I enjoyed collecting them and reading about the different forces and troops in the galaxy, I felt it added some depth and insight into the Alien species and their militaries and I welcome more.
    Last edited by Puck; 2012-11-23 at 10:56 AM.

I collect war assets just because I like to see how high I can get it. And, while I know intellectually that anything above the 3000ish required for the better endings does nothing, I find myself thinking that higher assets are a good thing anyway.

But who knows? Maybe they will add a "perfect" ending after all the DLC is out and that'll become canon for ME4!! ... What? A man can dream, damn it!

Deleted
    I collect war assets just because I like to see how high I can get it. And, while I know intellectually that anything above the 3000ish required for the better endings does nothing, I find myself thinking that higher assets are a good thing anyway.

But who knows? Maybe they will add a "perfect" ending after all the DLC is out and that'll become canon for ME4!! ... What? A man can dream, damn it!
    I actually found a very good thread on the ME3 forums about that http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mass...3110654-1.html

It´s called "Puzzle Theory" and is basically speculation that once we have done all DLCs and collected all of those war assets that come with them BW will give us a perfect ending as "thanks" for playing the series and supporting them and Shepard. You know an ending where you can successfully refuse and win the war without your cycle to fail.

Maybe it will be a happy end for all the fans where the whole Crew of the Normandy survives with Shepard instead of Shepard dying (or being presumably dead).

instead of Shepard dying (or being presumably dead).
    Or possibly alive. :P

I saw that Puzzle Theory thing before too. It's interesting, at least.

Deleted
    Or possibly alive. :P

I saw that Puzzle Theory thing before too. It's interesting, at least.
    That´s why I wrote "presumably dead" because we don´t know if he is really alive. We only see him in the rubble taking a breath. I still don´t know if it was an actual breath or not.

Still I would love to have an ending where you can shoot the Catalyst and then successfully win the war on your own terms instead of getting an "Game over" screen with Liara´s time capsule.

Why have they added this 4th ending if the only thing you gain out of it is to doom the galaxy? This is why I believe that once we have done the final DLC they will decide to give us a special thanks to wrap up the Shepard storyline before they release ME4. Maybe that perfect ending will be canon for ME4, who knows?

I would've said "possibly dead" rather than presumably. Meh, semantics, to hell with 'em.

Their original explanation for the addition of the refusal option was something along the lines of "players wanted it, so we added it." I guess there were a lot of players saying they were upset that they couldn't take the course of action they felt Shepard would be most likely to (i.e. saying go to hell to the Catalyst and continuing his/her mission as planned). Could be as simple as that, could've been a convenient excuse for a grand scheme regarding the DLC that BW has had, or could be a little of both. Who knows. I'm just gonna enjoy the ride either way.

Deleted
    By the way I found another thing that hints on a future DLC featuring Harbringer and the Collectors:

Harbinger and the Collectors are effectively an ace in the hole for Bioware. I'm expecting they'll save their return in the single player campaign for something truly epic, maybe even their last DLC.

Anything in single player that involves Harbinger and/or the Collectors is guaranteed to sell like hot cakes. Combine that with a final, shock twist in the tale that leads us into ME4 = welcome to Hypesville.

Plus, I don't believe for one second that Bioware went through the trouble of redesigning, reanimating and rebalancing the entire Collector faction for a free multiplayer DLC only; that's a hell of a lot of hard work, and re-using the assets in a single player DLC is a way to make it pay off.

FInally - look at the end of the Retaliation trailer, where Harbinger drops down onto Firebase Dagger. That is not an animated cut scene. That is footage from the game engine. An in-game Harbinger model, on an in-game map.

Deleted
    By the way I found another thing that hints on a future DLC featuring Harbringer and the Collectors:

Harbinger and the Collectors are effectively an ace in the hole for Bioware. I'm expecting they'll save their return in the single player campaign for something truly epic, maybe even their last DLC.

Anything in single player that involves Harbinger and/or the Collectors is guaranteed to sell like hot cakes. Combine that with a final, shock twist in the tale that leads us into ME4 = welcome to Hypesville.

Plus, I don't believe for one second that Bioware went through the trouble of redesigning, reanimating and rebalancing the entire Collector faction for a free multiplayer DLC only; that's a hell of a lot of hard work, and re-using the assets in a single player DLC is a way to make it pay off.

FInally - look at the end of the Retaliation trailer, where Harbinger drops down onto Firebase Dagger. That is not an animated cut scene. That is footage from the game engine. An in-game Harbinger model, on an in-game map.
    The fact that they took the time to remodel/adapt ME2 model for multiplayer indeed hints at a Single Player DLC involving collectors. Omega might have been the occasion but it seems it might be later.