The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    FInally - look at the end of the Retaliation trailer, where Harbinger drops down onto Firebase Dagger. That is not an animated cut scene. That is footage from the game engine. An in-game Harbinger model, on an in-game map.
    [/LEFT]
    Harbinger model is already present in ME3 SP - you can see it at the Citadel transportation beam on Earth, London. It's the reaper that shoots Death-rays at ya.

Deleted
    Why have they added this 4th ending if the only thing you gain out of it is to doom the galaxy? This is why I believe that once we have done the final DLC they will decide to give us a special thanks to wrap up the Shepard storyline before they release ME4. Maybe that perfect ending will be canon for ME4, who knows?

Because the players wanted it.
    Fits in good with the fact that bioware stated prior to ME3 release that it would be possible to lose to the reapers.

Deleted
    If they add a "perfect" ending atall, especially for after all the dlc, then screw them forever.
    Already not pre-ordering da3/"me4".

If they added a IT ending, or that puzzle ending. I'd pre-order DA3 & ME4 2 times in order to make up for Yakobo15 not ordering
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Sure isnt perfect ending without Anderson.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Sure isnt perfect ending without Anderson.
    Not looking for perfect, just one without the deus ex ending.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    That would be an actual ending.

Deleted
    It sounds like wishful thinking, but assuming it's correct I'm fine with a perfect ending as long as it doesn't require you to have purchased any DLC (in any of the three games).

So, I haven't checked up on ME3 since the Extended Cut came out. Anything important I've missed concerning single player?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    So, I haven't checked up on ME3 since the Extended Cut came out. Anything important I've missed concerning single player?
    Leviathan.

Speaking of Leviathan, you should get it ASAP. It's apparently discounted to only 400 BW points today.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Speaking of Leviathan, you should get it ASAP. It's apparently discounted to only 400 BW points today.
    I still see it at 800 BW points.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    That´s the point of that whole puzzle theory. That "perfect ending" would give us a true ending that does not require you to use that super awesome crucible and basically go "fuck ya catalyst" and win that war on your own terms and not by jumping into a stupid beam or killing yourself for that spacegod kiddie.

An ending that has the whole crew alive and together and an ending that shows that the galaxy is not depended on that stupid superweapon but can defeat the reapers without licking spacekiddies boots.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 07:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    Harbinger model is already present in ME3 SP - you can see it at the Citadel transportation beam on Earth, London. It's the reaper that shoots Death-rays at ya.
    True that guy that I copied that text from was not quite accurate on that sentence but basically he meant that it just looks way too good for a simple trailer for a free MP DLC.

I think that BW had a lot of work to recreate that whole collector race and they have probably not done that for zero profit with a free DLC.

Pretty sure that Harby and the Collectors are a future DLC and hopefully a MAJOR DLC !!
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2012-11-23 at 06:50 PM.

Leviathan.
    And Omega is out soon.

Speaking of Puzzle Theory, that's an extension/variation on the Indoctrination Theory, isn't it? Basically that the whole ending is a trap, and there's potentially more to come? Its all very interesting, but my goodness you can get some flak just by entertaining the idea from some people!

Heck, some people treat you like an actual war criminal if you picked Destroy even! It boggles my mind how people can get so antisocial over it.

Bioware themselves have said that elements of the story shouldn't be taken literally, and that they consider every idea out there to be equally valid interpretations. So I think we're all free to have our own thoughts on the matter, since they also stated they wanted people to speculate on the endings!

Personally, I hope there's more. I consider the ending to be too surreal and contradictory to be taken seriously, and there's some rather heavy symbolism going on that suggests its a Reaper trap. Potentially even an attempt to get Shepard to switch sides and take the role Saren once held - or be the conscience of a new Reaper created from Humanity.

Regardless, whatever they come up with, it should be interesting.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 06:55 PM ----------

Pretty sure that Harby and the Collectors are a future DLC and hopefully a MAJOR DLC !!
    Its the belief of some people I know (which I agree with) that the Collectors may show up in some way on Omega, though Cerberus will be the main opponant. Maybe even just in a teasing manner, setting up a future DLC.

Deleted
    That´s what we all love most: Speculating Of course that "perfect ending" theory is nothing more than speculation.

However it seems a bit odd that regardless of your EMS rating you always get that passive critical mission failure (liaras time capsule) when choosing not to activate that super cool and powerful crucible.

What about an higher EMS version of that one where you eventually stand a chance? Maybe it would require you to have a LOT of EMS? Like every war asset from every ME3 DLC? Something like 13k assets or whatever?

Deleted
    Even if we won the battle for earth, we wouldnt have much left. And there were reapers that werent part of the battle.
    Reinforcements will kick us in the scrotum.

Deleted
    Even if we won the battle for earth, we wouldnt have much left. And there were reapers that werent part of the battle.
    Reinforcements will kick us in the scrotum.
    Sure but what if we actually found the best way to defeat them through a DLC? Much like Leviathan? A way to deal with them without the crucible?

Could be possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure but what if we actually found the best way to defeat them through a DLC? Much like Leviathan? A way to deal with them without the crucible?

Could be possible.
    Starchild: "There's another another way. Here, look. It's the Reaper Off Switch"

Funny we had no such option... it's so simple and perfect.

Deleted

Could be possible.
    We already have.
    But its a bit unstable.

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    Starchild: "There's another another way. Here, look. It's the Reaper Off Switch"

Funny we had no such option... it's so simple and perfect.
    Destroy option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Destroy option.
    No, destroy is destroy.
    Switch off - is different: Geth live, EDI lives. Offed Reapers floating in space, lying on planet surfaces - ripe for being dismantled, vivisected, researched.