Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Pff 7 hours that's nothing. Why in my day we traveled the internet in 28.8 kb snow shoes. I had data up to me knees and still made it to the bulletin boards.

I think I'll wait a week or so to get this. I don't want the frustration of 70kb download speeds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a bit pissed. Harrot is missing his cigar! WTF BioWare!
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    I'm a bit pissed. Harrot is missing his cigar! WTF BioWare!
    I can't believe I never noticed that in ME2.

Deleted
    There must be something wrong with Origin servers, I get like 30kb/s too, (and 500+ everywhere else)....

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekira View Post
    There must be something wrong with Origin servers, I get like 30kb/s too, (and 500+ everywhere else)....
    try "pause/resume" - after dozens of that I got 1 mb/s

Omega's long and awesome. (2.45 Min finish for me on Insanity, I've missed at least 2 side missions inside so I need to look around better next time.)

I'll leave you with that.

I liked it, worth the wait and money for me. Definitely tied up there with the Lair of the Shadow Broker.

Nice to know that any DLC done counts as a side mission.

You remember that Turian bomb that was planted on Tuchanka? That it was my last side mission before curing the Genophage?

Guess which planet just blew up a bit because I chose to help Aria.

Yeap, first thing I did after completing Omega was to reload the save I took just before landing on Dock 42 to start the DLC. Hopefully I'll finish all the side missions on Omega this time.

Edit: It just hit me. I lead on Kaidan to have sex with me because I was trying to seduce Liara. I blew up half of Tuchanka because I thought there might be some sexy time involved with Aria. (I'm not saying there isn't, or that there is, don't get all fussed up about spoiler tags please, it was just what I was thinking when I knowingly left that Tuchanka Bomb side mission incomplete.)

I'm not sure if the Asari have devastating effect on me, or everyone and everything around me are devastated because of my love for the blue skinned hot chicks.
    Last edited by Scorage; 2012-11-27 at 09:58 PM.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post
    Omega's long and awesome. (2.45 Min finish for me on Insanity, I've missed at least 2 side missions inside so I need to look around better next time.)

I'll leave you with that.

I liked it, worth the wait and money for me. Definitely tied up there with the Lair of the Shadow Broker.

Nice to know that any DLC done counts as a side mission.

You remember that Turian bomb that was planted on Tuchanka? That it was my last side mission before curing the Genophage?

Guess which planet just blew up a bit because I chose to help Aria.

Yeap, first thing I did after completing Omega was to reload the save I took just before landing on Dock 42 to start the DLC. Hopefully I'll finish all the side missions on Omega this time.
    Heh, you should see BSN. It's exploded into a hate fest. They absolutely hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Heh, you should see BSN. It's exploded into a hate fest. They absolutely hate it.
    Is there anything there that doesn't turn into a hate fest?

I've been to this thread, and BSN, and some other forums in gamespot and what not.

Yeah, I wouldn't take BSN as a credible judge on quality, sorry, but it is infested with haters because they think their voice is surely heard in the official forums.

I loved it. I felt excited, gripped, and very few number of moments were expectable for me.
    I did a paragon run through.

Somehow, I bet there is way more excitement in a renegade run through.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Is there anything there that doesn't turn into a hate fest?
    No, but it's worrisome because people there are choosing not to buy dlc because they're taking the negative feedback at face value. If the profits aren't good I could see them cutting MAss Effect SP support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I liked Leviathan better . . . but it was still a good DLC and I heartily enjoyed it.

I loved a lot of Aria's dialogue.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    1.7 gig when the DL limit is 2 gig?
    I want another 0.3 gig because thats alot of Aria being awesome.

Yeah! Let's go to BSN and open a topic about how Bioware tricked us about the size limit stuff! "Pitchforks and torches!"

(I don't think we would be the first ones to open that topic though.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    1.7 gig when the DL limit is 2 gig?
    I want another 0.3 gig because thats alot of Aria being awesome.
    There is no download limit for PC. Xbox and PS3 are both at the 1.99gb limit. The PC version is smaller likely due to compression tech or just simple less junk needed to run.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...1-aea546c6e985
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Only if I didn't spend $175 on the steam sales/GMG this past week!!! But I'll be picking it up soon enough

My honest thoughts? Omega wasn't worth the price tag.

Paying more for less just isn't something I like. The DLC was short, and ended abruptly. It had no lasting consequences at all, not even a little dialogue from squadmates about what happened. Practically no lore to be found. New enemies were underwhelming.

But the thing is, it didn't have to be this way. All the ingredients were there to make something great. Omega itself looks fantastic, the artwork and design and atmosphere were top noche. Parts of the mission were tricky, mostly due to grenade spam and lack of decent cover, but still. And the main enemy was interesting, and Omega itself should be chock-full of secrets and story.

Problem is, it felt shallow. Not enough time to get used to the situation, then suddenly its all over. And then status quo in extremis happens, no spoilers beyond that. No lasting effect beyond some extra War Assets, XP and weapons.

Ultimately overall it was average. But considering I paid above average for it, I'm not satisfied.

UGH I wish I had money to buy the DLC. Alas, I must wait until I get paid. QQ

10+ Year Old Account
    It took me 4 and a half hours to beat. I didn't think it was short at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    It took me 4 and a half hours to beat. I didn't think it was short at all.
    But is 4 hours and whatever else was included worth a 1/4th of the price of the full ME3 game? It is a little over priced for what you get and definitely would have been better at $10
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."