The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I'm not sure I could stop laughing long enough to play... I'm not one to care about graphics in games but those character models are hilarious. XD
    Yeah, it's old, but it was a blast in 2001. Very realistic warfare. One wrong step - bang you are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    if you are into Omega's lore and Aria's ass, and willing to survive a lot of action phases to get to it - then yes - you can give it a go.
    Pshhh I couldn't care less about either of those things and I still enjoyed it. :P

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 04:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    4 hours? Huh, not bad. Maybe I'll grab it then. Thanks!
    And what do you mean with the models being hilarious in that game? They're sexy as hell!
    I think it's the faces in particular. I don't know why, they just crack me up. XD

Deleted
    if you are into Omega's lore and Aria's ass, and willing to survive a lot of action phases to get to it - then yes - you can give it a go.
    Omega facinates me, but I don't intend to stare at Aria's blue ass. Nyreen interests me more.

Yeah, it's old, but it was a blast in 2001. Very realistic warfare. One wrong step - bang you are dead.
    What's the storyline like?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pshhh I couldn't care less about either of those things and I still enjoyed it. :P

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 04:04 AM ----------

I think it's the faces in particular. I don't know why, they just crack me up. XD
    Well, it's pretty obvious you are into combat itself - that is all you do in Omega DLC

Well, it's pretty obvious you are into combat itself - that is all you do in Omega DLC
    Well, I do like the combat, but I found the dialogues and story interesting as well, even though I've never had a particular interest in Omega.

Deleted
    Well, I do like the combat, but I found the dialogues and story interesting as well, even though I've never had a particular interest in Omega.
    Come on, Omega had Archangel to protect it! You can't beat that!

Come on, Omega had Archangel to protect it! You can't beat that!
    Garrus didn't really have anything to do with Omega itself, though. He was just there. :P

Deleted
    Garrus didn't really have anything to do with Omega itself, though. He was just there. :P
    Haha. I just had to come up with something. c:

I actually like Omega. I find the battles between races and groups pretty interesting and I like that's it's ALMOST "no man's land". Yeah, yeah. Omega has only one rule and all that. But still!

Haha. I just had to come up with something. c:

I actually like Omega. I find the battles between races and groups pretty interesting and I like that's it's ALMOST "no man's land". Yeah, yeah. Omega has only one rule and all that. But still!
    You'd probably enjoy the DLC then.

Do note that it doesn't appear to have any impact on the game outside of the DLC itself, though, beyond a new decoration for Shepard's cabin on the Normandy.

Deleted
    You'd probably enjoy the DLC then.

Do note that it doesn't appear to have any impact on the game outside of the DLC itself, though, beyond a new decoration for Shepard's cabin on the Normandy.
    Well I'll give it a shot. I can never turn down a chance to kick some Cerberus ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the storyline like?
    Cold War crisis in some 3rd world island country
    You start as private (or corporal, i don't remember) of U.S. Marine corp. There are several main characters though. For each military department: marine, cavalry (tanks), air force (A-10, Apache), black ops.

The main antagonist is Soviet General (gone rogue).

The story is solid. Starts at the beginning of the conflict without knowing who's the enemy and then shows how our marine get's up in rank (to lieutenant). Other main characters are introduced when story requires them. Like you need to capture a town as marine, but it's protected by heavy armor - here comes captain of AF in his Apache to get rid of heavy armor. Or in Blackhawk, delivering marines squad to the battlefield or evacuating them. Blackops major does his blackops deeds (sabotage/espionage/deep recon) that benefit everyone. He in the end captures/kills the Soviet General, who have multiple SCUDs, which you have to disable first or WW3 will happen.

The stories of all main characters are intertwined. Some of them meet each other during conflict. (And in the end they all meet afterwards, some years later, after the credits)

Deleted
    Well I'll give it a shot. I can never turn down a chance to kick some Cerberus ass.
    I still hope that the next DLC does not feature Cerberus as a main enemy. Seriously Cerberus is getting on my nerves. I can understand that they are a big deal in ME3 but fighting the same cerberus troops basically the entire campaign plus Omega gets tedious. Maybe the next DLC features the Collectors? That would be a nice enemy that is not the same Reapers/Cerberus shit.

I am still betting on the next DLC to be about the Citadel (Citadel DLC). A BW post confirmed that for the next DLC ALL DLC writers are needed. So that means that it has to have a lot of dialogue and stuff as otherwise SUPER MAC (Mac Walters) would not need to work on it.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/12486978/112#15028852

"It's all hands on deck for this one. Pretty much every ME3 DLC writer here in Edmonton is involved. (which would include both Patrick Weekes AND John Dombrow)"

Cold War crisis in some 3rd world island country
    You start as private (or corporal, i don't remember) of U.S. Marine corp. There are several main characters though. For each military department: marine, cavalry (tanks), air force (A-10, Apache), black ops.

The main antagonist is Soviet General (gone rogue).

The story is solid. Starts at the beginning of the conflict without knowing who's the enemy and then shows how our marine get's up in rank (to lieutenant). Other main characters are introduced when story requires them. Like you need to capture a town as marine, but it's protected by heavy armor - here comes captain of AF in his Apache to get rid of heavy armor. Or in Blackhawk, delivering marines squad to the battlefield or evacuating them. Blackops major does his blackops deeds (sabotage/espionage/deep recon) that benefit everyone. He in the end captures/kills the Soviet General, who have multiple SCUDs, which you have to disable first or WW3 will happen.

The stories of all main characters are intertwined. Some of them meet each other during conflict. (And in the end they all meet afterwards, some years later, after the credits)
    Might try it out since it's six bucks anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    I still hope that the next DLC does not feature Cerberus as a main enemy. Seriously Cerberus is getting on my nerves. I can understand that they are a big deal in ME3 but fighting the same cerberus troops basically the entire campaign plus Omega gets tedious. Maybe the next DLC features the Collectors? That would be a nice enemy that is not the same Reapers/Cerberus shit.

I am still betting on the next DLC to be about the Citadel (Citadel DLC). A BW post confirmed that for the next DLC ALL DLC writers are needed. So that means that it has to have a lot of dialogue and stuff as otherwise SUPER MAC (Mac Walters) would not need to work on it.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/12486978/112#15028852

"It's all hands on deck for this one. Pretty much every ME3 DLC writer here in Edmonton is involved. (which would include both Patrick Weekes AND John Dombrow)"
    Yup. That comment got me super curious and eager as well. But I'm not guessing anything right now. I'm showering myself with positive thoughts about the next DLC.

And I'm doing my usual "don't expect anything and don't read anything" about the next DLC. :P

Deleted
    I've just kinda learned not to hype about anything before it's actually out. So I'm thinking positive, but expecting the worst.

In other news: Does anyone have any tips for Havoc Soldiers? I want to try one out. lol

Deleted
    And I'm doing my usual "don't expect anything and don't read anything" about the next DLC. :P
    It´s pretty far away anyway so yeah I don´t care about the next DLC until I read an official announcement what it´s going to be exactly.

I was kinda hyped with Omega and it was definitely no letdown for me so I try a small dose of hype with the next DLC too.

All DLC writers could also mean that it features ME2 squad-mates too. Damn I would love some content with Kasumi, Jack, Zaeed and so on. It definitely promises more dialogue than Omega had. I disliked that after you did Omega no one on the Normandy commented about it you know like the crew had comments after you did Leviathan.
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2012-12-04 at 03:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    All DLC writers could also mean that it features ME2 squad-mates too. Damn I would love some content with Kasumi, Jack, Zaeed and so on. It definitely promises more dialogue than Omega had. I disliked that after you did Omega no one on the Normandy commented about it you know like the crew had comments after you did Leviathan.
    Oh man, I want Jack on the team so badly! It was definitely one of the biggest disappointments when I realised you can't team up with her in ME3. I love her twisted nature and it would've been such a pleasure to have her assaulting Cerberus bastards with me.