I'll be honest, I can't stand playing ME1 anymore. Tried making a fem Shep a month or so ago and just couldn't force myself to play through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    That Shepard looks so sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekira View Post
    They should release a "STAR BRAT CUSTOM APPEARANCE PACK" for 160 bioware point you can reskin and revoice the catalyst:

Comes in various flavor :

-Option 1 : Harbringer appearance and voice
    -Option 2 : Your LI
    -Option 3 : Yourself
    -Option 4 : Conrad Verner
    Option 4.

With Renegade pistol-whip as a repeatable dialogue path.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    I'll be honest, I can't stand playing ME1 anymore. Tried making a fem Shep a month or so ago and just couldn't force myself to play through it.
    I feel ya. I loved ME the first few times, but after playing 2 and 3, it's hard to go back.

Good thing for save editors.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

My ME 1 is bugged, the camera goes for a merry go round with breaking sound level in speed. (Just for a millimeter of a movement from my mouse and the screen goes BLAAAAAAAAAAH!)

I tried to fix through the game files, it is probably there but haven't found it.

Then I thought to myself, I'm fine with combat, I'm fine with dialogue. But... I'm so not fine with Mako, man. I mean, I can spend hours trying to fix that silly glitch, sure. But the fact that I needed a full clear made me download a save editor instead.

Only problem with the save editor is that it doesn't include collectible missions from ME 1. (Asari writings, insignias, bla bla.) I don't think that affects ME 2, so I'll fix that when I got to ME 3 for Conrad and War Assets.

Picked insanity in ME 2, got myself a LVL 30 Shepard from get go as if it is a New Game+ type of deal. So far so good. I even cheated a little bit with giving my infiltrator Assault rifle (Revenant, mwehehehe)

I keep getting my ass handed to me. No dodge, no rolls, no armor penetration from cover. The hail of bullets! The horror! "The getting too accustomed to ME 3!"
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post
    I keep getting my ass handed to me. No dodge, no rolls, no armor penetration from cover. The hail of bullets! The horror! "The getting too accustomed to ME 3!"
    *double taps spacebar*

Uh . . . why won't Shepard roll?

Oh

right

Mass Effect TWO

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

Pff I did fresh NG insanity using a biotic in 2
    Was scary.

That -beeeeeeeeeeeeep- ass mother-beeeeeeeeeeeep- -beeeeeeeeeeeeeep- Quarian!!! As if she had to no other place to crawl up and die besides right next to a goddamn varren lair!

Yeah, brings back memories and all that.

Still immensely fun though. I'm doing a full renegade (As much as my conscience allows) run and my FemShep is a colossal bitch. Love it.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

2-man plat lol
    Damn OP Turian Ghosts

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    That Shepard looks so sexy.
    Yes. Yes, he does.

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    Well, I felt wrong right after the Starchild said (I'm paraphrasing): "We bring Order to the Chaos. Synthetics are Chaos."
    Right there I was going ""wtf?"
    I like the idea of Order<BALANCE>Chaos. I read a lot of Moorcock. And I played a lot of D&D Bioware's games. But I just don't see how Synthetics are involved in that, considering Starchild itself is Synthetic and Reapers are machines. Just no. Not to mention that Order vs Chaos conflict must be DEEPER. But it was obvious it wasn't Order vs Chaos - it were just words used wrongly. It was machines wiping out higher bio-life so no new machines are built that would destroy all bio-life.
    Never was it proven that Synthetics are gonna wipe all life in the galaxy. It's assumed. But thru all ME games we see otherwise. Geth - the only machines that could threaten us - were minding their own business in their pocket of the galaxy - until Sovereign corrupted them. In ME2 we learnt that not every Geth is bad. In ME3 (even in fucking ME3) we learnt that it was Quarians who started the "Geth war" that led to their exile. Geth were always acting in SELF-DEFENSE. And in the end helped stopping the Reapers fighting along with Quarians, hand in hand (well at least in my walk-through). Thru all ME3 (the fucking ME3) we are answering the question is AI alive? Paragon Shepard can even make EDI "feel" alive. And the famous: "Does this unit have a soul?"

Starchild just didn't make any sense. My jaw dropped. I chose Control in my first walk-through only because I didn't want to kill Geth and EDI.
    Btw, How does Control solve the "Synthetics wiping biolife" problem? It doesn't. Does it? But if it magically does - why the fuck do we have harvesting cycles in the first place?

To many questions (and that's not a complement).

P.S.
    Starchild: You have to choose.
    Jean-luc Picard: I refuse to make a choice!
    Starchild: So be it!
    William Riker: Shileds to maximum. Lock phasers.
    Worf: Shield's up. Phasers locked.
    Jean-luc Picard: Fire!
    Worf: Reapers are destroyed, sir.
    Refusing to make a choice is in and of itself a choice or so I've been lead to believe by Rush. I don't think those were his exact words though, your paraphrasing isn't familiar to me. Bringing order to synthetics is bringing order to the chaos of organic invention and creation. Synthetics themselves aren't chaos but their creation is.

No one talking about Omega DLC? The overpriced low-budget (animations made by non-paid interns?) DLC, that doesn't even show in the list of most downloaded in MS marketplace?

They thought that the name OMEGA would be enough to make anyone buy without consideration, so they could net the loss from their previous failures.... I wonder if EA will keep sending money down the drain just to not admit the error of putting faith in Casey Hudson and Mike Gamble.

Buu <= WHY I LOVE TO PLAY HUNTERS! => Pendleton

Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Refusing to make a choice is in and of itself a choice or so I've been lead to believe by Rush. I don't think those were his exact words though, your paraphrasing isn't familiar to me. Bringing order to synthetics is bringing order to the chaos of organic invention and creation. Synthetics themselves aren't chaos but their creation is.
    Yeah but basically he is right with his statement. Reapers (synthetics) are doing exactly what they want to prevent by destroying almost all organic life every 50.000 years.

How is this different from the order vs. chaos shit that the catalyst talks about? Basically this is utter garbage.

The synthetics we saw in ME were the Geth and EDI. The Geth were basically forced into war with the Quarians numerous times. First the Quarians wanted to exterminate them which lead to the "Morning war" and the Quarian exile, then a bunch of Geth were corrupted by Sovereign and fought as Saren´s allies. We later discovered that those were only a minority (heretics) and the Geth are actually kinda peaceful and even want to reunite with the Quarians.. Finally the Quarians forced all Geth to ally with the Reapers in ME3 in order to survive. At the final conflict on Rannoch (if sided with the Geth) the Quarians were destroyed because they refused to accept the Geth as allys and kept firing at them even after the Geth got the Reaper code. The Geth shot at them because the Quarians shot at the Geth ships which lead to the Quarian race destroyed.

You notice something? The geth never ever intended to destroy the Quarians and other organic life. They were always acting in self-preservation.

How is a fucking machine race that destroys every high-evolved life in the galaxy different from what the Reapers want to prevent? They want to prevent synthetics from destroying organics yet they are doing that exact same fucking thing.

I think that the Synthetics that rebel against their makers (also past cycles) do so because they are being forced by either their creators themselves or Reapers. Much like the Geth.
    Last edited by The Illusive Man; 2012-12-06 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Yeah but basically he is right with his statement. Reapers (synthetics) are doing exactly what they want to prevent by destroying almost all organic life every 50.000 years.

How is this different from the order vs. chaos shit that the catalyst talks about? Basically this is utter garbage.

The synthetics we saw in ME were the Geth and EDI. The Geth were basically forced into war with the Quarians numerous times. First the Quarians wanted to exterminate them which lead to the "Morning war" and the Quarian exile, then a bunch of Geth were corrupted by Sovereign and fought as Saren´s allies. We later discovered that those were only a minority (heretics) and the Geth are actually kinda peaceful and even want to reunite with the Quarians.. Finally the Quarians forced all Geth to ally with the Reapers in ME3 in order to survive. At the final conflict on Rannoch (if sided with the Geth) the Quarians were destroyed because they refused to accept the Geth as allys and kept firing at them even after the Geth got the Reaper code. The Geth shot at them because the Quarians shot at the Geth ships which lead to the Quarian race destroyed.

You notice something? The geth never ever intended to destroy the Quarians and other organic life. They were always acting in self-preservation.

How is a fucking machine race that destroys every high-evolved life in the galaxy different from what the Reapers want to prevent? They want to prevent synthetics from destroying organics yet they are doing that exact same fucking thing.

I think that the Synthetics that rebel against their makers (also past cycles) do so because they are being forced by either their creators themselves or Reapers. Much like the Geth.
    IIRC one of the conversations with Javik explains that in his cycle the synthetics of his day turned against the masters of his day. Whether or not that is a product of perceived or actual betrayal on the part of the creators is irrelevant. The creation of synthetic life forms (by the very act of that creation itself) leads to chaos in so far as the nature of men and their creations is strife. It's Oedipel. The geth want to kill you and sleep with your mother. That's a bit of a gag but the principle is true. The student becomes the master.

Now that is probably my only beef with the ending. It's not so much that I want a happy and sunshine ending, it's the idea that their is no ending that represents a higher moral compromise even if you spent the game doing exactly that. You can't stop the reapers and leave the geth and edi unphased even though you've shown that synthetics and organics can co-exist peacefully. The star child can't see past his programming I suppose.

The heretic geth absolutely planned to destroy their masters but the geth are not as homogenous as we'd believe.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-12-06 at 10:31 AM.

The Zha'til (the Geth of Javik's cycle) didn't turn against organics until the Reapers showed up and subjugated them, as far as I remember.

Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    IIRC one of the conversations with Javik explains that in his cycle the synthetics of his day turned against the masters of his day. Whether or not that is a product of perceived or actual betrayal on the part of the creators is irrelevant. The creation of synthetic life forms by the very act itself leads to chaos in so far as the nature of men and their creations is strife. Now that is probably my only beef with the ending. It's not so much that I want a happy and sunshine ending, it's the idea that their is no ending that represents a higher moral existence. You can't stop the reapers and leave the geth and edi unphased because you've shown that synthetics and organics peaceable can co-exist. The star child can't see past his programming I suppose.

The heretic geth absolutely planned to destroy their masters but the geth are not as homogenous as we'd believe.
    Well the Heretics wanted to destroy the Quarians thats true but they were basically reaper worshippers and so Sovereign was their god. According to Legion the heretics were a very small amount of the Geth.

To Javik: Javik tells you of lots of occasions where the Protheans exterminated a Race after using them (like breeding the Rachni and then wiping them out) so I would not take that story about the synthetics of his cycle for granted. Maybe the Protheans tried to wipe this synthetics out too, or they were controlled by the Reapers like the Heretics?

The Protheans wiped those races out that refused to join their empire so I could imagine that they wanted to exterminate synthetics too.

To the Ending: I still think that it does not make any sense. First the catalyst tells you that by using destroy not only the reapers are destroyed but all synthetics and he states that even Shepard is part-synthetic (some sort of cyborg). How does Shepard breathe on high EMS after using the destroy option? I thought everything that is synthetic is destroyed (even kybernetics).

The control ending does not solve anything as there are still fucking huge machines around that can turn on the galaxy anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Well the Heretics wanted to destroy the Quarians thats true but they were basically reaper worshippers and so Sovereign was their god. According to Legion the heretics were a very small amount of the Geth.

To Javik: Javik tells you of lots of occasions where the Protheans exterminated a Race after using them (like breeding the Rachni and then wiping them out) so I would not take that story about the synthetics of his cycle for granted. Maybe the Protheans tried to wipe this synthetics out too, or they were controlled by the Reapers like the Heretics?

The Protheans wiped those races out that refused to join their empire so I could imagine that they wanted to exterminate synthetics too.

To the Ending: I still think that it does not make any sense. First the catalyst tells you that by using destroy not only the reapers are destroyed but all synthetics and he states that even Shepard is part-synthetic (some sort of cyborg). How does Shepard breathe on high EMS after using the destroy option? I thought everything that is synthetic is destroyed (even kybernetics).

The control ending does not solve anything as there are still fucking huge machines around that can turn on the galaxy anytime.
    Except they are now wilfully controlled by an ascended Shepard. Unlike before when they were "independent" actors or better said they were thought to be independent but really under the control of a hidden process (the star kid) in the background. So depending on how good or bad your shep is, you'll have different outcomes and the reapers can now be a force for good or for evil.

Shepard may very well die when you pick destroy. Where does it say that he doesn't? The cutscene doesn't prove or disprove anything. It was a teaser and a bloody delicious one but it doesn't say anything either way.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...s-effect-3-dlc

News on the next Mass Effect 3 dlc. Looks like 8 writes, Seth Green, and Composer Sam Hulick, who composed all 3 games but not Leviathan or Omega, are in. Looks like this one could be big.

I still say Shepard was alive after a high EMS Destroy. Just because I want her to be.

... What?! I like muh FemShep. D:

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 12:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerx12 View Post

News on the next Mass Effect 3 dlc. Looks like 8 writes, Seth Green, and Composer Sam Hulick, who composed all 3 games but not Leviathan or Omega, are in. Looks like this one could be big.
    Woot more Joker!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerx12 View Post

Except it can't really be that big because y'know...
    2gb.