Deleted
    One day, there shall be a double block function.
    And on that day, i shall refer you back to your post.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fine by me; I'll send you a video of me eating my own words when that day comes
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    I'll be sending you a laminated printout.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-12-10 at 11:16 PM.

LOL
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rning/advanced
    i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz - R9-280X @ 1150Mhz on stock voltage - 8GB of DDR3 Ram @ 1866Mhz

^ Lost it at "If you make me do anything extremely dishonorable, I would like that"

and

"I don't put strange liquids in my mouth"

and

"Shepard-Commander!" "What are YOU doing here?" "There was a hole..."

Amon-kira guide my hands.

I almost woke up the family.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

I definitely would have woken up the family if there was a family here to wake. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    So... their reasoning behind it being Leviathan and not Protheans is that a spear is mentioned...
    And I though no more straws could be grasped.
    The spheres are also made of metal (not strange ethereal shit), shrink down and didn't turn people into crazies.
    Seeing how there's a Prothean research station on Mars, it seems more likely than Leviathan doing... what exactly.
    The story clearly indicates a chip is implanted in the human and the Leviathans have no need for that so that eliminates them like someone points out on the first page. I never saw this in ME1 so it's still a cool thing to see now, can't believe I missed that.

What I think happened was a Prothean while studying Earth from Mars(or maybe just got to Earth for the first time), through their touch/psychic ability and some cosmic miracle came across the remains of this human on one of his trips and was able to glimpse into his memory. The human himself was a test subject for the Reapers, the ship described sounds exactly like a Reaper ship. The great glowing red eye, the 'finger' like red laser beam, the deafening roar. Prothean and Collector particle beams(even their ships) are not red. I believe this is how the reapers test how far along a lesser species is without interfering with them, and if they need to be harvested yet. When the test is over they simply tie up the lose ends.

This could possibly be a reason why the humans were chosen as an advanced enough species to make sure they would be ready for the next cycle or possibly why the reasearch station was even built in the first place.The Protheans knew that the reapers had recently come to Earth to check up on the lifeforms. They made the artifact since this is obviously information any species fighting the Reapers would want to know. That's my take on it anyway. Most definitely not Leviathan though like guys in that thread are trying to prove.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-12-11 at 05:32 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    The story clearly indicates a chip is implanted in the human and the Leviathans have no need for that so that eliminates them like someone points out on the first page. I never saw this in ME1 so it's still a cool thing to see now, can't believe I missed that.

What I think happened was a Prothean while studying Earth from Mars(or maybe just got to Earth for the first time), through their touch/psychic ability and some cosmic miracle came across the remains of this human on one of his trips and was able to glimpse into his memory. The human himself was a test subject for the Reapers, the ship described sounds exactly like a Reaper ship. The great glowing red eye, the 'finger' like red laser beam, the deafening roar. Prothean and Collector particle beams(even their ships) are not red. I believe this is how the reapers test how far along a lesser species is without interfering with them, and if they need to be harvested yet. When the test is over they simply tie up the lose ends.

This could possibly be a reason why the humans were chosen as an advanced enough species to make sure they would be ready for the next cycle or possibly why the reasearch station was even built in the first place.The Protheans knew that the reapers had recently come to Earth to check up on the lifeforms. They made the artifact since this is obviously information any species fighting the Reapers would want to know. That's my take on it anyway. Most definitely not Leviathan though like guys in that thread are trying to prove.
    Sounds good to be honest. I think that the Reapers check the status of the galaxtic races during the cycle so that they know which one of the races they thought were still not ready for harvest eventually are advanced enough for it.

That would make sense in humanities sense during the Prothean harvest. It was not Leviathan but an actual reaper that studied the Humans and then came to the conclusion that the are not ready yet. Maybe a Prothean then found such a Human that was observed by the Reapers and through his though-thing learned about that.

That would make sense if you consider that Protheans observed other species like the Asari too. So after they learned about the Reapers showing interest in humanity they built the Archives on Mars to give Humanity a better chance in defeating them. Much like they gave the Asari the Vendetta-VI. During their studies they came to the conclusion that both Humans and Asari were the best races to end the cycle so they gave them a head-start.

Why would Leviathan have his Orbs on Earth at that time? That does not make any sense, plus Leviathans have no laser weapon.

Playing through Omega on one of my two BroSheps and either I was just oblivious or they use facial expressions they never used before, because every time Shepard squints, his eyebrows meet his cheeks. Never noticed that happening with him before Omega. Boy do I wish there was a way to edit your face so I could adjust them. lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Why would Leviathan have his Orbs on Earth at that time? That does not make any sense, plus Leviathans have no laser weapon.
    Why not? For all we know the Leviathans could have been hiding on earth during that time period. They clearly can travel through space otherwise you know the Reapers would have just destroyed the one planet they can't move from during the first few cycles. The actual DLC had us visiting remote planets or barely inhabited planets. We also have examples of cave paintings from an unknown primitive culture (though I suppose they didn't have to be primitive but it is implied).

Why would the consort have the "key" to unlocking a vision about humanities past for a relic on a planet no where near Earth (http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Eletania). It should also be noted that it is one of the things imported from a ME1 save game though it doesn't seem to have an effect on me2 or me3. It could be the levithans, or it could just be what it says and be the Protheans.

There are only two sphere type of devices known to be prothean. This one and the one from the firewalker DLC that adds it to the Normandy. Maybe it was protheans Leviathan controlled? Maybe it was technology the protheans stole from leviathan servants. It really is a mystery that isn't explained by the game. Or it could just be an Easter egg referencing 2001 a space odyssey.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...143/2#15251310

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    December 11, 2012
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unlocking Turian Saboteur Engineer and challenge

New hazard maps available this week are Firebase White and Firebase Glacier

Tactical Cloak (Asari Infiltrator only)
    - Note: the Asari Tactical Cloak damage bonus only applies to powers and melees
    - Base damage bonus increased from 40% to 60%
    - Evolution 2 damage bonus increased from 40% to 60%
    - Evolution 6 power damage bonus increased from 25% to 40%

Quarian Defender Passive Power (Male Quarian Soldier only)
    - Base weapon damage bonus increased from 2.5% to 7.5%
    - Evolution 6 weapon damage bonus increased from 10% to 12.5%

Vorcha Hunter Engineer
    - Starting encumbrance capacity increased from 30% to 40%

Has anyone noticed this bad trend of new MP players joining gold lobbys and just press ready without a any gear and appropriate level?
    They should stay at bronze and silver if they wanna get carried.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

I don't do golds so no I haven't. XD I just recently started doing silver instead of bronze. >_>

Seems like there is a giant difficulty jump from silver to gold, compared to bronze to silver. The problem with cheap players like me is that we don't have a ton of equipment and don't want to waste it on fail groups. And we don't know how good the group is before playing with them. But the group is most likely to be fail if we don't use equipment on a run. Its an odd sort of problem.

A "have your cake and eat it too" situation! Sort of! There's a lack of cake, though. So that's a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Why would the consort have the "key" to unlocking a vision about humanities past for a relic on a planet no where near Earth (http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Eletania). It should also be noted that it is one of the things imported from a ME1 save game though it doesn't seem to have an effect on me2 or me3. It could be the levithans, or it could just be what it says and be the Protheans.
    Why would levi's implant chips in the subject when they can read minds anywhere due to the orbs? They have no need for it. They had the mental power to bring down a Reaper ship with the orbs, such a chip for observation would be meaningless and pointless to them. The orbs are what they observe with, they told us this firsthand. Why bother doing all that stuff in the story when they could just drop an orb by a village one night and be done with it.

As for the disc. It's purpose is not for a human history, I think it's a Prothean memory-recording on how the Reapers observe the planets of lesser species that was created from a dead humans memory. It is also prove the Reapers are out their watching. That is incredibly valuable information to everyone in the Prothean empire, and any species that comes after. There was more then likely more then one copy made but most were obviously destroyed when the Reapers won the war. Eventually someone comes along and finds the one that was hidden in some Prothean ruins well enough but no use can be found for it, it just looks cool. Some rich alien buys it because it's a rare Prothean artifact, who also happens to be a regular of the consorts. He gives it as a rare gift to the consort because he's rich and cool like that who then passes it on to Shep at some point. Maybe she bought it herself because she though it looked cool and it's extremely rare, either way. Shep then later happens upon a hidden Prothean DVD player the reapers missed on some obscure planet with no sentient lifeforms.

Why do the Protheans hide the relic on a planet with no sentient lifeforms? Because they know from that recording the Reapers won't heavily search a planet with no advanced life as they do not want to interfere with the process of evolution on it. The smartest thing on that planet is a Pyjak. The tech could very well have came into being because of the Protheans studying Levi orbs, but I really think the device itself is solely Prothean.

...or it can just be a 2001 reference like you said lol have no real meaning since it was never mentioned again in the next two games. Still can't believe I missed this when I played, I even remember being on that planet.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-12-12 at 04:58 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

I still haven't even tried Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    Seems like there is a giant difficulty jump from silver to gold, compared to bronze to silver. The problem with cheap players like me is that we don't have a ton of equipment and don't want to waste it on fail groups. And we don't know how good the group is before playing with them. But the group is most likely to be fail if we don't use equipment on a run. Its an odd sort of problem.
    Well if you can at least get to wave 6 objective you make just as much credits as a full silver run. I can't remember the last time we didn't make it to at least wave 7 on gold. Am I just lucky?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Why would levi's implant chips in the subject when they can read minds anywhere due to the orbs? They have no need for it. They had the mental power to bring down a Reaper ship with the orbs, such a chip for observation would be meaningless and pointless to them. The orbs are what they observe with, they told us this firsthand. Why bother doing all that stuff in the story when they could just drop an orb by a village one night and be done with it.
    It could be for the same reason why the took over a mining colony and had thralls mine the eezo. They could have just used their mind powers to smash the rocks and extract the eezo. It could have been thralls of the leviathans that implanted the chip. The same reason why the Leviathans shouldn't need a chip works for the Reapers as well. What would the reapers need to put a chip into a human, when they can just scan the planet and find out that they aren't advanced enough to cull. The Reapers don't need to observe lesser species through the eyes of the lesser species.

While the planet doesn't have "sapient" life form it does host a ton of symbiotic life. And is also in the same system as the Thorian. We know that the Thorian is 50,000 years old. Perhaps it is Thorian tech? Perhaps the protheans were monitoring the Thorian or bio-engineered it. It could have even been the Asari and not the Protheans. We know the protheans gave knowledge to the Asari.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."