10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    http://social.bioware.com/n7hq will have the current challenge shown at the top, and you can also see them posted at http://blog.bioware.com They do a challenge every weekend, and the goal for the challenge varies from week to week. The current one is getting the "Survive Five Waves" medal in Firebase Condor as a squad (no one in the squad can die for 5 waves straight).

I don't know of a way to change the currency in the Origin store. I think it's set by your local IP.
    Well it's kinda weird that south america is tied to europe currency... well that sucks.

And about the challenges, how can i know if i already made it? I prolly haven't made it but could've done it by mistake D:! (sometimes you never know lol )

You can click the Challenges tab at the in-game multiplayer screen and go down to the Weekend Challenge category, and the objective will be listed there along with your current progress. You can also log in to the N7HQ site I linked above with your EA/Origin/BioWare account and it'll say whether or not you've completed the challenge on that page (though there could be a slight delay between completing it in-game and that page updating).

And yeah I've seen a lot of people complaining that Origin is set to a currency that they don't use in their country and they have no way to change it. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems like the challenges tab is bellow the store tab, weirdly enough my game doesn't display it D:

Derped, need retaliation DLC.
    Last edited by barackopala; 2012-12-16 at 04:13 AM.

I would honestly say Leviathan is a must have as well as From Ashes for ME3 DLC. If that was in the game when the original ending was there, I don't think I would of even had a problem with it. It really adds a lot of perspective to the ending and braces you for what's coming. Plus the Leviathans themselves I think are one of the coolest things in the ME universe. The last planet was beautiful and very creepy at the same time I found, one of my favorites in all of ME. I probably stood there on that ship for 20 minutes listening to the ocean and watching those waves and destroyed floating ships in the distance.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 11:21 PM ----------

I paid the $325 balance on the N7 Ambassador watch yesterday. Got an email saying their early shipment would be getting to their warehouse tomorrow (today now) and they'd be checked in and ready for shipment first thing next week. Originally it was expected for late January/early February shipment, so that was surprising. Was my Christmas gift. lol
    I don't even wear watches and I want that. Such a nice looking watch, but out of my price range for this time of year though.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-12-16 at 04:35 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

I would say you should buy the recruit packs to max out all the basic weapons first, so when you buy the better packs, you wont get one of the starter weapons. But that is what I did back when it came out.

So getting back into the multiplayer this week after a few month break, and holy balls has it changed. And all these changes were free. I am digging the new challenges even if it is just a carrot to keep people playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    I would honestly say Leviathan is a must have as well as From Ashes for ME3 DLC. If that was in the game when the original ending was there, I don't think I would of even had a problem with it. It really adds a lot of perspective to the ending and braces you for what's coming. Plus the Leviathans themselves I think are one of the coolest things in the ME universe. The last planet was beautiful and very creepy at the same time I found, one of my favorites in all of ME. I probably stood there on that ship for 20 minutes listening to the ocean and watching those waves and destroyed floating ships in the distance.
    True. I admittedly haven't seen what the Leviathan DLC does to the ending as I haven't finished the game after doing it yet, but I just kinda assumed it wouldn't be that huge. Maybe I was wrong and it is that huge. lol

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 06:50 PM ----------

I don't even wear watches and I want that. Such a nice looking watch, but out of my price range for this time of year though.
    Isn't it though? I'm honestly kind of afraid to wear it even when I do get it just because I'm terrified I'll break it somehow. I have to talk myself into wearing it. XD

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 06:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vom View Post
    I would say you should buy the recruit packs to max out all the basic weapons first, so when you buy the better packs, you wont get one of the starter weapons. But that is what I did back when it came out.
    Ah good point. I think I did that too way back when, it just slipped my mind. It's been so long. x_x

10+ Year Old Account
    True. I admittedly haven't seen what the Leviathan DLC does to the ending as I haven't finished the game after doing it yet, but I just kinda assumed it wouldn't be that huge. Maybe I was wrong and it is that huge. lol
    Leviathan actually adds a fair amount of clarification on the Reapers.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Leviathan actually adds a fair amount of clarification on the Reapers.
    Guess I gotta hurry muh butt up and finish the game on one of my Sheps. Maybe I'll just load up my "main" FemShep before the Cerberus HQ and do the Leviathan DLC real fast. >.> <.<

10+ Year Old Account
    I was listening to a podcast and they were talking about how much better the story of ME3 is with Leviathan, to the point that it's insulting to those who didn't get it before. Do any of you guys feel like it's that crucial to the ending?

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess I gotta hurry muh butt up and finish the game on one of my Sheps. Maybe I'll just load up my "main" FemShep before the Cerberus HQ and do the Leviathan DLC real fast. >.> <.<
    Well the end doesn't add much that Leviathan didn't already explain to Shepard; its mostly just Starbrat acknowledging them and adding his own perspective.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    I was listening to a podcast and they were talking about how much better the story of ME3 is with Leviathan, to the point that it's insulting to those who didn't get it before. Do any of you guys feel like it's that crucial to the ending?
    Leviathan was definitely a good a edition to the story of ME3, because it made the Starbrat seem less "oh hai there, I'm the AI in the citadel" to something that was actually foreshadowed in the story. I think it should have been part of the original story to be honest, but eh, oh well I still enjoyed the game very much overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hurry up a week.
    I want mah PS3 Mass Effect trilogy to arrive.
    Finally keen to have all 3 gmaes on one platform.
    Then inc the spending spree of buying the ME3 dlc's, ugh.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Yah the kid does comment on it in the end but I was more referring to just the info you get during the main portion. Going to use spoiler tags since barackopala hasn't played it yet. That whole conversation is pretty intense and filled with juicy information. It also prepares you for the AI out of nowhere at the end. By playing the Leviathan DLC you actually know before the ending that some AI is behind everything and the tragic irony that led to it's creation and rebellion.

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 12:37 AM ----------

I do. I really think there would have been less outcry over the ending in regards to the child, if it was in game from the start.

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 01:04 AM ----------

Also, if a banshee grabs someone and is about to spear them is there a specific way to break it next to killing her by the time its over? I've noticed a on a few occasions, even myself, getting dropped sometimes while they are still alive. Is there a certain power combo or weapon type that breaks it?
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-12-16 at 05:46 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Also, if a banshee grabs someone and is about to spear them is there a specific way to break it next to killing her by the time its over? I've noticed a on a few occasions, even myself, getting dropped sometimes while they are still alive. Is there a certain power combo or weapon type that breaks it?
    As far as I know it's just any sort of heavy damage that breaks them out. Kinda makes them "stagger" and drop the victim in the process.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember having a biotic detonation cancel a Banshee's grab once.

Deleted
    -snip-

Your infraction message will tell you why your signature was removed.
    Last edited by Sj; 2012-12-16 at 04:13 PM.

Deleted
    To Cancel One shot animation you need to stagger the unit. Stagger is a damage threshold, you can read it/edit it from the coalesced

(Category="Banshee", CategoryData=((StatName="MeleeAttackInterval",StatRange=(X=0.0f,Y=0.0f)),(StatName="SyncMeleeAttackInterval",StatRange=(X=2.0f,Y=2.0f)),(StatName="ShieldFrequency",StatRange=(X=4.0f,Y=4.0f)),(StatName="ShieldDuration",StatRan ge=(X=4.0f,Y=4.0f)),(StatName="LongRangeBlastInterval",StatRange=(X=6.0f,Y=4.0f)),(StatNam e="BlastInterval",StatRange=(X=2.0f,Y=1.5f)),(StatName="AggressiveDuration",StatRange=(X=4 0.0f,Y=40.0f)),(StatName="AOEBlastInterval",StatRange=(X=1.0f,Y=1.0f)),(StatName="Teleport Interval",StatRange=(X=4.0f,Y=4.0f)),(StatName="MaxTeleports",StatRange=(X=12.0f,Y=12.0f)) ,(StatName="SyncKillChance",StatRange=(X=0.5f,Y=0.5f)),(StatName="BreachDamageThreshold",StatRange=(X=3000.0f,Y=3500.0f)),(StatName="MaxBreachDa mageThreshold",StatRange=(X=7000.0f,Y=7000.0f)),(StatName="BreachDamageResetDuration",Stat Range=(X=2.0f,Y=2.0f)),(StatName="ChargedIntervalLow",StatRange=(X=15.0f,Y=10.0f)),(StatNa me="ChargedIntervalHigh",StatRange=(X=20.0f,Y=15.0f)),(StatName="MaxChargedBanshees",StatR ange=(X=2.0f,Y=2.0f)),(StatName="MaxHealth",StatRange=(X=11250.0f,Y=16875.0f)),(StatName=" MaxBarriers",StatRange=(X=6750.0f,Y=10125.0f)),(StatName="MaxEnemyShieldRecharge",StatRang e=(X=1.0f,Y=1.0f)),(StatName="AIShieldRegenDelay",StatRange=(X=8.0f,Y=8.0f)),(StatName="AI ShieldRegenPct",StatRange=(X=0.1f,Y=0.1f)),(StatName="PowerThreshold_Standard",StatRange=( X=1000.0f,Y=1000.0f)),(StatName="PowerThreshold_Stagger",StatRange=(X=1200.0f,Y=1200.0f)),(StatName="PowerThreshold_Knockback",StatRange=(X=1500.0f,Y=1500.0f)),(StatName="HitReact ionChanceMultiplier",StatRange=(X=0.3f,Y=0.3f))))

In gold you need to do 1200 pts of damage. Sync kill melee attack will happen every 2 secs if you are in melee, and have a 50% success rate.

If you hit her with an attack that has a lot of Force to it, or is a severely damaging attack, it will stagger an enemy. If the Banshee, or any other synch-kill enemy is staggered, it is interrupted.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope. It doesn't change anything about the ending. It just tells you who created the Reapers and a small glimpse of why they do what they do. It isn't really any information that changes the ending.

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 06:48 AM ----------

Warp followed by a throw, and warp followed by a biotic charge can stagger enemies. There are actually a lot of things that can stagger enemies though it will be the powers and weapons that are high in force that allow you to interrupt sync kills from a banshee. This is why the Falcon (before the nerfs) was such a powerful weapon. The grenades could stagger anything they hit and they had high damage and force which meant you could stagger pretty much anything.

Stagger is similar to stun or stun lock that you can find in many games (or that you shouldn't be able to find in many games)

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 06:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang View Post
    If you hit her with an attack that has a lot of Force to it, or is a severely damaging attack, it will stagger an enemy. If the Banshee, or any other synch-kill enemy is staggered, it is interrupted.
    The Banshee though has a charge up time so it really is the only practical sync kill to interrupt with stagger. The phantom can be stopped by a stagger but you have to pretty much have the shot/power already traveling in order to save someone. The phantom is stopped by destroying the sword which renders the sync kill impossible. And basically turns the phantom into a acrobatic turret with a barrier.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Valiant VI acquired!