Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Seriously? ME3 wasn't that bad to be honest. I really don´t understand why guys hate it and think it was "meh".

I played games that were badder by a very big margin. I already have 20 saves so I enjoy it.

What is "meh" about it?? Yeah the ending isn´t that cool but the EC cleared most things up.

BTW: You don´t even know what ME4 will be about and are already not interested? It is not even in development yet.
    I played 1 to explore space and find/talk to everything, 2 cut down on that alot but there were at least still a few side missions and depending on what order you recruited guys/what loyalty missions you did it would be very different.
    In 3 you go to a mission, blast everything in sight in 5min, then go back and drop off a couple of scanned items in the citadel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    I played 1 to explore space and find/talk to everything, 2 cut down on that alot but there were at least still a few side missions and depending on what order you recruited guys/what loyalty missions you did it would be very different.
    In 3 you go to a mission, blast everything in sight in 5min, then go back and drop off a couple of scanned items in the citadel.
    The story is still infinitely better than 2's, as 2 was just a big filler.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    The story is still infinitely better than 2's, as 2 was just a big filler.
    If you like corridor action sequences while you fire giant lasers at robots and explosions sure.
    Still didn't get to see any war assets, still linear (in both level design and mission sequence), still far far fewer conversations and locations.
    Maybe rather than seeing how many homosexual relationships they can cram into the next game, they could expand the universe a bit...

hmmm so aparantly the biotic shield of my asari justicar (biotic) can stop the banshes biotics... when did that hapen?
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the Breath Scene is the same thing as Alfred seeing Bruce at the end of The Dark Knight Rises or the spinning top at the end of Inception: It's meant to leave you wondering. I highly doubt BW will change that.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    I think the Breath Scene is the same thing as Alfred seeing Bruce at the end of The Dark Knight Rises or the spinning top at the end of Inception: It's meant to leave you wondering. I highly doubt BW will change that.
    Yeah and the people on BSN should finally wake up and realize that they will never ever change the endings for that game

How can peeps be so disillusioned? The EC was not planned but they released it once they read the tons of bad reviews and responses about the original ending but most guys like the EC so why would they need to please a bunch of "I want Shepard to live !!!!!" dudes?

The breath scene was cool because as you said it leaves you wondering what happened to Shepard and if he truly survived and that is a great mystery that they hopefully wont change. We should be able to head-cannon on our own what happened to Shepard in destroy ending and this is what I do.

Changing the endings again would destroy my head-cannon completely.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 02:32 PM ----------

Some people should get real to be honest ... LOL

Mass Effect 3 should have ended like Return of the King.
    Report this topic Quote Link Created about 3 days ago, Modified about 3 days ago
    The ending to Lord of the Rings: Return of the King was everything Mass Effect 3's ending should have had. It was a straightforward end after a long journey, providing immense satisfaction. Can you imagine if Frodo got to Mount Doom and Sauron told him that he could control the Ring or merge Evil with the other races?

So, what I mean by this is that there would still be multiple endings, but they wouldn't be lore-breaking or unimaginable.

And finally, we had a long epilogue to provide closure to many characters that we had seen throughout the book/movies.

THIS is what Mass Effect 3 should have had in it's ending. Not an artistic ending with multiple colors (although I respect their choice and artistic vision), but it's not what was best for the series.

Anyway, those were my thoughts that I wanted to share for a while with the community. Discuss, share and remember Mass Effect.
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2013-01-28 at 01:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Mass Effect 3 should have had a 3 hour ending where we watch Shepard go home, settle in, realize he's no longer fit for the galaxy and take the Normandy (and Anderson) to the Grey Havens to relax in eternity?
    Putin khuliyo

The MP is pretty popular, I usually don't have issues getting a game going. It's not hard to get into either, once you play a few matches, enough to get a feel for your character and enough to have an understanding of the best ways to kill enemies, it gets easier. And once you have enough credits for new weapons, it gets a whole lot easier. There isn't too steep of a learning curve.
    Bought the game, played almost all night. Forgot already how much fun the multiplayer is Though sometimes it gets stuck on "Searching games....", searching endlessly for them. But that is fixed by returning to main menu, and going for multiplayer again.

I remember in the demo version in 2012 you were able to get guns from winning matches. I think... I see this has been removed, and the only way to get them is via store?

Deleted
    So Mass Effect 3 should have had a 3 hour ending where we watch Shepard go home, settle in, realize he's no longer fit for the galaxy and take the Normandy (and Anderson) to the Grey Havens to relax in eternity?
    Basically You know Shepard uses the crucible and Joker rescues him once everything falls apart (like the eagles rescued frodo). They then fly away and the 3 hour cinematic begins.

Shepard marries his LI with everyone of his friends around (incl. Anderson and Hackett) and is crowned the new king/queen of the Humans. His other friends are shown in their home like the hobbits were. Finally the cinematic ends with Hackett and Anderson traveling with Shepard to the Grey Havens where they have an eternal life.

Basically and ending where everything is rainbow style and everyone is dancing and laughing and stuff.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 03:08 PM ----------

That´s actually one of the better responses on BSN and I think it fits pretty well

"If the breath scene is Shepard's last breath, good for you.
    If the breath scene is Shepard alive amongst the rubble on the Citadel, good for you.
    If the breath scene is Shepard waking up in London having fought off Reaper Indoctrination, good for you.
    If the breath scene is Shepard waking up in London having survived re-entry after the Citadel exploded, good for you.

The ending is whatever you make of it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohaitharr View Post
    Bought the game, played almost all night. Forgot already how much fun the multiplayer is Though sometimes it gets stuck on "Searching games....", searching endlessly for them. But that is fixed by returning to main menu, and going for multiplayer again.

I remember in the demo version in 2012 you were able to get guns from winning matches. I think... I see this has been removed, and the only way to get them is via store?
    Yeah, if I don't have a game within 30 seconds, I just hit "cancel" and try again. Usually works the second time around.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    I don´t quite get why I should further promote my MP classes if I already have 10k MS rating I promoted every class 4 times each and apart from this achievement you get for 60 promotions what purpose do you see in promoting?

The only purpose I see is clearing up perks but you can also do that with that respec thing you get.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you like corridor action sequences while you fire giant lasers at robots and explosions sure.
    Still didn't get to see any war assets, still linear (in both level design and mission sequence), still far far fewer conversations and locations.
    Maybe rather than seeing how many homosexual relationships they can cram into the next game, they could expand the universe a bit...
    Your discussion is no longer about story, but gameplay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Your discussion is no longer about story, but gameplay.
    Which is how the story is delivered.
    You could get through Noveria any number of ways, in both buildings, in ME3 it's all action tunnels with the occasional choice of whether you want to be an asshole or not.

Deleted
    You could get through Noveria any number of ways, in both buildings, in ME3 it's all action tunnels with the occasional choice of whether you want to be an asshole or not.
    I still blame the fans that caused BW to scrap planetary exploration with the mako Seriously the only thing that I hate about ME3 is that there are ZERO vehicle missions or other means to just drive around like in ME1 and to some extend in ME2 (Hammerhead).

That was one of the huge letdowns of that game for me. I would still love to see Halo 4 style space combat !! You know with you controlling your fighter and so on.

Would have been an epic way to start the Priority Earth mission

15+ Year Old Account
    But ME1 was just all action tunnels too. The missions were all follow the tunnel in the velhicle, then follow the tunnel in the buildings. http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Noveria:_Peak_15 only had one way to get through it. I think this is just a case of rose tinted glasses and not really seeing the other games for what they are. There certain are flaws with ME3 and it does certainly lack some side missions and stuff.

But when it comes down to it all 3 games are very similar in all the core things and story telling methods. And I most certainly think the AI improvements are one thousand times better then ME1 where they all just charged you.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    You could say the same for ME2, which brings me back to my original point, ME3 has a much better story than ME2.

10+ Year Old Account
    HOLY MORDIN WHATS THAT??

i've been a bit disconnected from ME
    -looking to buy the first one on ps3 and replay all again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

First glimpses of the next DLC. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimargh View Post
    HOLY MORDIN WHATS THAT??

i've been a bit disconnected from ME
    -looking to buy the first one on ps3 and replay all again.
    Krogan cricket?
    Putin khuliyo