10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    Seems like I have not missed anything this weekend besides the 100000th time anyone in here discussed the endings.

Yeah old news and stuff

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 10:03 AM ----------

You know I should not talk about it (company secrets you know ) but I just say rich humans that like to see humanity on top

That´s how it works ... for real !!
    From EDI has told us. They have a lot of front companies that are legitimate businesses. They just funnel all of their profits into Cerberus. Cerberus is large enough that the mercenary groups do not mess with them.

Also, I got Reegar X and Black Widow II. I guess it helps that I got all the other weapons before I am getting those.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    From EDI has told us. They have a lot of front companies that are legitimate businesses. They just funnel all of their profits into Cerberus. Cerberus is large enough that the mercenary groups do not mess with them.

Also, I got Reegar X and Black Widow II. I guess it helps that I got all the other weapons before I am getting those.
    Yeah 1. they got a lot of front companies that they use to make money and 2. they have lots of filthy rich humans that sponsor them and also very high alliance dudes that give them deals and stuff.

No worries Cerberus makes money to save humanity

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 11:09 AM ----------

Financing
    Cerberus has wealthy sympathizers within the Alliance military-industrial complex, who contribute credits and resources to Cerberus, and trust the Illusive Man to make the right decisions. Cerberus also owns several front corporations which further fund and support their operations. Spending trends indicate that Cerberus has a reliable income running up to several billion credits per year.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Cerberus
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2013-02-11 at 10:10 AM.

Deleted
    I was gutted once i got to the end of this game,gutted because i actually completed it,the ending did not bother me one bit(granted i had the "good ending" well i was happy with the ending i had).

At first i was a bit skeptical about playing any of the mass effect games,but thought since i have stopped playing online MMO's i thought i would check out Mass Effect so bought all 3 played all 3 and thoroughly enjoyed them.

I enjoyed the story line,the cut scenes,the decision making when in conversation the battles,i enjoyed it for what it was,a good action RPG with a wicked story line,would love for there to be another one but as we all know the next "Unknown Title" does not include the main character from the first 3(which i am a little gutted about).

I just hope all the decisions we have made in the previous 3 are some how integrated into the next "Unknown Title" and maybe hopefully one day we will get to see the main character from the first 3 re-appear.(depending on which ending you had i suppose)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BizzareMind View Post
    I just hope all the decisions we have made in the previous 3 are some how integrated into the next "Unknown Title" and maybe hopefully one day we will get to see the main character from the first 3 re-appear.(depending on which ending you had i suppose)
    I don't think it would be possible to include the final Mass Effect 3 choice. It would create four totally different timelines. In two choices and resufing, the Reapers live. In one of those, all organic and synthetic live is combined into a new framework. Another option destroys the Reapers, but with it, all synthetics. I don't see how Bioware can create four very different timelines in the same game, especcialy if one choice lets the cycle continue.

For ME1, ME2 and ME3 to impact the next ME game, Bioware would have to decide a choice for us. And that simply destroys everything Mass Effect stands for. Bioware has a pretty difficult task ahead of them.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    Statix why do you always use spoiler tags when writing about things that are already 1 year live? Sucks to always have to klick those black bars !!

Nothing that is spoiled there ... Old news as I already wrote

Deleted
    statix mate theyll just go with the reapers being destroyed ending and wont think twice about it. that or EA will make the decision for them. Theyve shown with the ending that 'everything mass effect stands for' means very little to them. 'All of our choices effecting the end' and 'we dont wanna give our players an A-B-C ending' and we ended up with a blue-green-red ending that was so bad they had to redo it to try and save their own asses from the fan backlash all because whoever was in charge of the ending had a hardon for deus ex.

So yeah im pretty sure they wont have any difficulty in deciding where they are gonna take this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Statix why do you always use spoiler tags when writing about things that are already 1 year live? Sucks to always have to klick those black bars !!

Nothing that is spoiled there ... Old news as I already wrote
    It can be nearly a year old, but that doesn't mean everyone has completed the game. Look at me, I started playing Mass Effect 1 and 2 two months before the release of Mass Effect 3, hoping I would be done with them when it was released (Now though, I am happy I didn't). When I came into contact with the ME2 mining after completing Omega, it took me 10 months before continueing ME2. Completed ME2 about 3 weeks ago. Completed ME3 just 4 days ago.

I just don't want to spoil it for someone that doesn't know there would be spoilers in this thread. I knew of this thread, but I completely avoided it until I completed ME3. Plenty of times I had things spoiled because someone just said stuff without saying there would be spoilers.

As it happens, the Leviathan DLC has already been partially spoiled for me, because in their replies, some posters referred to events in that DLC.

Hehehe.

But oke, I will stop with the spoiler blocking. Makes typing messages much easier anyway. Especcialy when you have many small spoilers to hide.

As for them not caring, that could be true. They did intend for there to be a lot of speculation about the endings and for there to be a lot of discussions. They certainly succeeded in that. I think what was important to them was that ME3 would live on in the imagination of players. The endings could have been a lot better, but still, I understand why they would make them. I simply don't believe in them.

However, for all our decisions throughout the game to have no impact whatsoever on the final decision does not make any sense. A Paragon Shepard will have exactly the same ending as a Renegade Shepard when choosing the same ending. That does not make any sense.

Also, I think I could have accepted the endings, if the direct events leading up to it would have been a little bit more epic. Instead of just zombie-walking to the control room, why not let all her squad mates come to her aid in defeating waves on Reaper infantry, blocking her path to the control room. Whatever decision you made in ME1 (save or not save the Council) and ME2 (squad mates dying or not), the endings were epic. Given, the ME1 Paragon ending and the ME2 everyone surviving ending are better than their opposites, but nonetheless, they were still epic.

Mass Effect 3 does not have an epic ending. The cutscene prior to starting the Priority: Earth mission, with the galaxy's fleet arriving and engaging the Reapers is amazingly epic, but that's the climax. It's downhill in epicness from there. I think that also plays a very big role in why I believe in the IT. It allows me to create that epic ending that I was hoping for.

The only thing all your choices affect, is the success of your campaign against the Reapers; the size of the galaxy's fleet. That's what the Paragon or Renegade choices directly affect (choosing to sabotage the Genophage cure to get the Salarians to help or choose to let Mordin fix it and get the Krogan to help). The RGB endings are completely unaffected by any choice you make during any of the three games.

For all I care, reaching the beam and teleporting up would have started a cutscene of her walking through the hallways reaching the control room and activating the Catalyst to unleash the Crucible, instantly destroying the Reapers. In all honestly, all the dialogue on the Citadel is meaningless, in the end. I could perfectly live without any of the Citadel's dialogues. As our choices affect nothing of the RGB endings, why have them in the first place?

All your Paragon/Renegade choices and EMS would affect would be the composition and success of the galaxy's fleet. In any event, the Reapers are always destroyed. Your choices and EMS would simply affect at what cost your goal is achieved. You achieve that which you set out to do in the first place and your choices directly influence the succes of the ending.

I would be far more happy with that ending, completely oblivious to the Starchild's existence, than what we got now.
    Last edited by Statix; 2013-02-11 at 01:30 PM.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    So you think that there are guys here that have not completed the game after 1 YEAR?? In what world are you living?

90% of all guys that are here had been posting pretty frequently the last year (me included) so that means that you actually bore those dudes with the spoiler tagged ending stuff.

I certainly don´t start to suddenly put spoiler tags in my posts here as I could spoil it for someone. LOL we only do that here after a DLC hits but after a bunch of weeks no one cares about spoiler tags anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikkr View Post
    statix mate theyll just go with the reapers being destroyed ending and wont think twice about it. that or EA will make the decision for them. Theyve shown with the ending that 'everything mass effect stands for' means very little to them. 'All of our choices effecting the end' and 'we dont wanna give our players an A-B-C ending'.
    I would just like to note, that statement was made back 2 months before ME2 was released, a lot could happen in 2 and a half years.

Well the first post in this thread does say to read at your own peril with regard to spoilers so it's not like they aren't warned. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1337 View Post
    This. It's just not the same playing a new DLC without playing the game again. It just feels more Complete (Just imagine a rainbow suddenly appearing and angels harmonizing)
    Odd ... I always do the exact opposite when a DLC comes out. A bunch of days prior to the launch I choose my favorite play through that I have already completed and then do the DLC right before the attack on Cronos Station (basically the save you end up after doing the last mission)

I have 20 completed ME3 saves right now and seriously starting it all over again for a DLC is not what I like to do.

It´s an independent content anyway

Deleted
    In terms of story line,etc,etc i fail to see what other game there is that can remotely touch ME,and as for BioWare they decision making is unpredictable so who knows what the future holds for the ME series..

The DLC giving you different endings,and the way it ended and the kid wanting to hear more stories from the old man about Shepard/The Shepard does leave it open somewhat,i just hope they don't do a prequel,i hate prequels.

Also yes BioWare said that this was the end of the road and what not for this main character,they say a lot of things,and half of it is never true right..
    Last edited by mmocca97190db9; 2013-02-11 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Well the first post in this thread does say to read at your own peril with regard to spoilers so it's not like they aren't warned. :P
    Who reads the first post in a 675 page thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Who reads the first post in a 675 page thread?
    People who haven't been to the thread before will see it, and the blue text stands out. If they don't see it they're trying not to see it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    People who haven't been to the thread before will see it, and the blue text stands out. If they don't see it they're trying not to see it.
    Yeah everyone that is here the first time sees a big fat blue text and unless they are colorblind they will see it.

Spoilers are unnecessary until the new DLC comes out

15+ Year Old Account
    Odd ... I always do the exact opposite when a DLC comes out. A bunch of days prior to the launch I choose my favorite play through that I have already completed and then do the DLC right before the attack on Cronos Station (basically the save you end up after doing the last mission)

I have 20 completed ME3 saves right now and seriously starting it all over again for a DLC is not what I like to do.

It´s an independent content anyway
    But doesn't that prevent you from seeing a lot of dialogues between new squad mates? As that Prothean guy that joins your squad (part of the From Ashes DLC?). Anyway, does he only have dialogue in the missions directly relating to the DLC or does he have more? Since From Ashes was day 1 DLC, it implies it should be completed early in the game.

Doing it in the end would prevent you from seeing all those extra dialogues with that new squad mate, or am I completely wrong in this?
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    But doesn't that prevent you from seeing a lot of dialogues between new squad mates? As that Prothean guy that joins your squad (part of the From Ashes DLC?). Anyway, does he only have dialogue in the missions directly relating to the DLC or does he have more? Since From Ashes was day 1 DLC, it implies it should be completed early in the game.

Doing it in the end would prevent you from seeing all those extra dialogues with that new squad mate, or am I completely wrong in this?
    He has a lot of dialogue throughout the game (including one line in particular on Thessia that cracked me up). He also has some on-ship interactions with other squad mate and crew that I find quite amusing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post

I was not talking about From Ashes as this is a thing I do in every play through right after the mission on Mars.

That´s nothing I would mention separately here as it is normal for me. I was talking about new DLCs like Leviathan and Omega back when they were released.
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2013-02-11 at 01:49 PM.

Deleted
    Im back, bitches.

What did i miss?

Wooo, welcome back! Celebratory volus is required for this occasion.