Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    According to this Twitter link (https://twitter.com/ME3News), the last ME3 design meeting has taken place. No more design meetings means there can be no more DLCs.
    I take it as they are getting serious about ME4.

15+ Year Old Account
    According to this Twitter link (https://twitter.com/ME3News), the last ME3 design meeting has taken place. No more design meetings means there can be no more DLCs.
    They never really clarified what it meant. It could mean that nothing new would every come out for ME3 after the current things being worked on. Or it could have meant that the original ME3 team was dissolved and the current ME4 team which is a different studio/location is now responsible for all things ME3.

Mass Effect 3 was launched on March 6th 2012.
    Yes I know. March 5th is a Tuesday. Tuesdays are the typical "release" day of the week for new PC installments, just as Xbox and PS3 have their own release days and times. March 6th 2012 was a Tuesday, March 6th 2012 is a Wednesday.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Mass Effect 3 was launched on March 6th 2012.
    "Close enough"?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Same week as SimCity. Great. And most likely 5.2 as well. With Heart of the Swarm the week after. Fuck yeah college assignments on top of that! \o/
    I have the exact same problem(with the exact same games) except for the college assignment part.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

Deleted
    Feels good that im not playing any game with the Blizzard logo.
    I will thoroughly enjoy creating my empire.
    Mwuahahaha!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    They never really clarified what it meant. It could mean that nothing new would every come out for ME3 after the current things being worked on. Or it could have meant that the original ME3 team was dissolved and the current ME4 team which is a different studio/location is now responsible for all things ME3.

Yes I know. March 5th is a Tuesday. Tuesdays are the typical "release" day of the week for new PC installments, just as Xbox and PS3 have their own release days and times. March 6th 2012 was a Tuesday, March 6th 2012 is a Wednesday.
    Right, didn't know that.

It's the last ME3 design meeting. It doesn't mean the team isn't going to continue working on ME3, it simply means nothing new is going to be designed. It could mean that it was the last meeting for 'that' team, but I highly doubt they would desolve the current team and then let a newly formed team work on more DLC for ME3. That wouldn't make any sense at all. If anything, they would form a new team with the sole purpose of developing ME4, which has probably already happened. Even as it is, ME4 has a Q4 2014 or Q1 2015 release date.

They are closing the ME3 chapter and are moving on to ME4. But of course, I can't be sure about any of this. It makes sense atleast.
    Statix will suffice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Right, didn't know that.

It's the last ME3 design meeting. It doesn't mean the team isn't going to continue working on ME3, it simply means nothing new is going to be designed. It could mean that it was the last meeting for 'that' team, but I highly doubt they would desolve the current team and then let a newly formed team work on more DLC for ME3. That wouldn't make any sense at all. If anything, they would form a new team with the sole purpose of developing ME4, which has probably already happened. Even as it is, ME4 has a Q4 2014 or Q1 2015 release date.
    The Studio/team that is responsible for ME4 are the same ones that are responsible for Omega DLC. Bioware Montreal is the studio that designed Omega and is the primary studio for ME4. Bioware Edmonton was the Primary studio for Mass Effect 1-3. They could have easily shut down all Mass Effect 3 stuff at Edmonton and moved it all to Montreal.

They don't have to keep the teams intact which would mean that Edmonton had their last "Mass Effect Trilogy" team meetings. The tweets weren't clear if it was the last meeting ever for the team, for the people tweeting, or for Mass Effect.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2013-02-18 at 01:10 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    When I read posts in this thread. I typically read them in the voice of Zaeed or TIM. Or depends on what the avatar is and I can simulate their voice in my head.

Deleted
    The next DLC is going to be released March 5th and the appropriate days for the other platforms. Nothing official, but this is concluded by the 5th being the one year anniversary of the game. It makes sense that they would be releasing the next big DLC (maybe even final DLC though the ME4 time might be responsible for all development now instead of the old ME3 team) on an important date like that.

It also lines up with the mentions of info soon or next week. Giving two weeks or so of advanced notice.
    Yeah I already said that a few weeks back and I still think that March 5/6 is the date BW aims for with the new DLC. Everything else would seem pretty stupid.

They confirmed that the DLC is done last week and so all they now do is test it. I think that by now testing is also done and so if they announce it this week like they said than a March 6 release is very reasonable.

BTW: Simcity? WTF ... I do not even know that there´s gonna be a new game. You know I never gave a crap about SIM so I have no problem with it releasing the same day or week as the ME DLC.
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2013-02-18 at 02:54 PM.

I used to like Sim City just to cause massive disasters that destroy the city... >.>;

I like the Free DLCs, but it always seems to me like time they could have spent on ME4.

Deleted
    The Studio/team that is responsible for ME4 are the same ones that are responsible for Omega DLC. Bioware Montreal is the studio that designed Omega and is the primary studio for ME4. Bioware Edmonton was the Primary studio for Mass Effect 1-3. They could have easily shut down all Mass Effect 3 stuff at Edmonton and moved it all to Montreal.

They don't have to keep the teams intact which would mean that Edmonton had their last "Mass Effect Trilogy" team meetings. The tweets weren't clear if it was the last meeting ever for the team, for the people tweeting, or for Mass Effect.
    You know when I read that "last design meeting" I thought that they already pre-created a few DLCs that they then toss out. This includes the new "last" DLC and possible outfit or weapon DLCs.

BW Montreal could create a few DLCs too if they have time while creating ME4.

So basically 1. this "last" DLC is really the last ever for ME3 or 2. BW Edmonton already created a few DLCs in advance and then had the last design meeting or 3. BW Montreal creates a few DLCs in their ME4 development spare time

One DLC that is for sure is the "Alternate outfit pack 2" because they would not create a Pack 1 for half the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    I like the Free DLCs, but it always seems to me like time they could have spent on ME4.
    Considering they've already come out and said that DA3 will happen first, I don't think there's gonna be a problem with a lack of development time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Considering they've already come out and said that DA3 will happen first, I don't think there's gonna be a problem with a lack of development time.
    Well you know, practice makes perfect.
    All of ME3 DLCs can be used to futher improve ME4.
    So i would like to say, but Omega had the potential to objectivly surpass Lair of the Shadow Broker in every single way, and they simply got drunk or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I used to like Sim City just to cause massive disasters that destroy the city... >.>;
    Yes yes... Thats right.
    Cherish that feeling.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hi there.

I am looking for an excellent Let's Play of Mass Effect 1-3. I am interested in links to Let's Plays people have actually seen and liked. Any suggestions ?

Thanks!
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Deleted
    In a trilogy of games, based off choices and dependant on them for the experience, you want to watch someone else play?
    Thats like playing COD without being a racist gunnut.

Please refrain from making off-topic insults.
    Last edited by Sj; 2013-02-18 at 09:19 PM.

Deleted
    You say that, but people streaming Mass Effect generally get quite a few viewers. I guess some people don't want to replay everything.

-snip-

Please do not discuss specific moderator actions in public. If you have complaints or feedback, please feel free to address them to Sunshine.
    Last edited by Sj; 2013-02-18 at 09:23 PM.
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to experience Mass Effect's 1 and 2 again, but there's too much stuff that makes that impossible for me. Driving the Mako, scanning planets, emptying your inventory, bypassing and hacking, running around for ages making sure you didn't miss anything, horrible sniping in ME1.

Watching someone else play actually sounds pretty awesome; any part you don't wanna watch, you just skip.

Mass Effect 3 is re-playable for me. Gonna play through it again after this next DLC is released and experience all DLC (expect for the Extended Cut) for the first time. Then, maybe a year or so later, I will watch playthroughs of Mass Effect's 1 and 2 on Youtube and play through ME3 myself again.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    In a trilogy of games, based off choices and dependant on them for the experience, you want to watch someone else play?
    Thats like playing COD without being a racist gunnut.

Please refrain from making off-topic insults.
    WTF ... Poor Gravath. I know it's forbidden to talk about mod actions but you guys should really stop banning him for such peanuts.

Pathetic!! What was banworthy in that post? ... ah I know I may not talk about such things here

Sometimes I just hate those dudes that think they are GOD becuase they are mod on a forum. Oh sorry I don't want to hurt your ego. Your rules and stuff
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2013-02-18 at 09:52 PM.