It's finally up on Origin! Huzzah! Downloadin it now. ABout 15 minutes until I can start fangirling over the new content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    It's finally up on Origin! Huzzah! Downloadin it now. ABout 15 minutes until I can start fangirling over the new content.
    Women and their toys

today is the release date for simcity as well, so it's not surprising at all that Origin is having problems

15+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, just played a 30 min match that gave me 80k credits. And now I don't have them... Nor do I have the 320k experience from the match. Great.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    today is the release date for simcity as well, so it's not surprising at all that Origin is having problems
    Origin is having Problems, when no Games are released at all sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Garrus Vakarian View Post
    Origin is having Problems, when no Games are released at all sometimes
    hah

touche

Quote Originally Posted by Garrus Vakarian View Post
    Women and their toys
    *Men and their toys :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Awesome, just played a 30 min match that gave me 80k credits. And now I don't have them... Nor do I have the 320k experience from the match. Great.
    Happens sometimes, try quitting the game and checking n7hq, works sometimes.

Cerberus/Geth down, wish I could have stayed with that group but food time

Just realized I haven't done any of the DLC on my "main" Shepard. lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    *Men and their toys :P

Great. I finally get around to getting it (was playing something else), and now my moronic brother is hogging the bandwidth with LoL and some other shit. And I need to get to bed in an hour and a half. -.-

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Dr. Eva's body is the same thing as EDI's body. We also know from playing the game that Joker didn't use Normandy or Spectre Affiliation to get EDI onto the Citadel but used his medical condition to get her on board the Citadel. EDI had to pretend to be a simple Medical Assistance Mech because AI are outlawed in Citadel space and are banned from entering the Citadel.
    Fuck, you're thick.
    Joker didn't have to use anything, he left Normandy with EDI, docking officer said him Mechs are not allowed. Joker said "it's a DAM, I have this syndrome you know". EDI plays along. Officer checks his file, sees that Joker really has that syndrome - let's him have his "DAM". Doesn't scan it for AI -and doesn't suspect anything bad about it - because Joker is embarking from The Normandy (a First Human Spectre's Ship, who already embarked thru this very dock), wears appropriate uniform, ID checks out.

I didn't compare her body to a knife. I compared smuggling EDI on to the Citadel to smuggling a knife into an area. It was showing you that things are often smuggled through security in the Mass Effect Universe. If someone is looking for Omni-tools and confiscates those people could instead be smuggling in knives for protection.
    There are scanners for weapons at the dock. There are no AI detectors there - Mechs are not allowed (with exceptions), VI or AI. You cannot compare smuggling of a knife to smuggling of EDI's temporary body, especially when this said body wasn't SMUGGLED. She embarked from Normandy with Joker, openly, as Mech that her body is.

Why are you assuming that they made each of their weapons at the same time while waiting for each other? Occam's razor has nothing to do here because you are making just as many assumptions as I am.
    I'm not assuming that, YOU are. I just showed you what your assumptions lead to. I assume they brought weapons. No one confiscated anything from them - they just don't have omni-tools.

Yes, do you? What Technology is required to use a monomolecular blade? Nothing. Anyone can use one, even a child. When comparing it to a device that can instantly create any size, shape, or elemental-imbued weapon it is a low tech alternative.
    High tech - means firstly and ONLY the level of technology required to produce an item. If it takes high tech to produce- it's high tech. Write it down somewhere or memorize.

Even alloy (material!) can be high tech.

We IRL humans do not have the technology to create mono-molecular edges. The closest thing we have - scalpel.

Saying something isn't a monomolecular blade is commenting about the type of Material the weapons are. Do you know that they aren't produced for public? Do you know they are expensive? Because Mass Effect never states that they are.
    Mono-molecular has nothing to do with actual material. It can be steel, or some alloy, or ceramic (as in omni-blade).
    They are expensive because they are high tech and made of solid material. It's not an electronic device.
    Also remember that we can easily break a phantoms sword if we target it. Rendering it a useless as a weapon. I don't think mono-molecular means what you are attributing it to in the Mass Effect Universe. It may be sharp and strong but it isn't anywhere close to the god like abilities you seem to want it to have.
    Please, don't bring in-game anecdotal evidence to this debate. If those Phantom existed IRL - you wouldn't even have a chance to shoot their blade. Because they wouldn't be running at you with blade out. They would strike from ambush. Hence the name PHANTOM.

Why are you assuming because it was largely unused means that no one ever used non-omni tool weapons in its place. Face it. Melee weapons are a fact of the Mass Effect Universe and not something that indicates pre-technology periods of civilization.
    Because, if you have omni-tool and it has that blade ability and you need a combat blade (not a letter opener) for combat situation - what WOULD YOU USE?
    In ME universe I have seen only HIGH tech melee weapons. Those in the picture are not high tech. It is obvious they have no omni-tools.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

so regarding this weeks challenge do we need an extraction in platinum while choosing at the start the race of our oponents or can it be random since they spawn all of them since its platinum? if its against all the races in 4 diferents matches it's gonna be a pain in the arse (specially f***in collectors)
    Last edited by Mordin Solus; 2013-03-05 at 09:44 PM.
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Full description:

Operation: LODESTAR (Mar 5th-10th)

We are coordinating the largest-scale attack in the brief history of this war. N7 unit actions will pave the way for resistance and conventional forces trying to retake the population centers of our homeworlds. There is no retreat. When an objective is finished or a target destroyed, you will immediately focus on the next. Our assets will provide cover to network ships that will update your targets in real-time. Rally points are at your disposal in the event that all space assets meet with catastrophic casualties. From there, you will fight as your CO sees fit or until further orders arrive.

I cannot fully express my deep respect for all of you, the sapients of the Milky Way who serve together under our banner. When future generations look back on this war, they will see the courage and commitment it takes to change the fate of a galaxy. It has been a hard road, but at last: the end is in sight.

Finish it.

–Admiral Steven Hackett

Individual Goal: This challenge is tiered:

Participation (extracting on any difficulty) earns the 1st-tier reward.
    Extracting against all four enemy factions on Silver difficulty or higher earns the 2nd-tier reward.
    Extracting against all four every enemy factions on Platinum difficulty earns the 3rd-tier reward.
    Rewards:

1st tier – Commendation Pack.
    2nd tier – A second bonus Commendation Pack and a banner, (“Stood Fast, Stood Strong, Stood Together”)
    3rd tier – A third bonus Commendation Pack.
    I think I'll be happy with the two packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Full description:

I think I'll be happy with the two packs.
    Me too. Four platinums? Ain't nobody got time for dat!

And definitely not with Citadel out now.

And speaking of which, I won't get any playtime in tonight. -.- It just finished downloading and I have to go to bed now.........

I've been playing it and holy butts it is amazing. It's probably the funniest DLC to date, too, it has me rofling constantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I wanted to have Harbinger turn up on the citidel when I shoot the star child in the face and destroy that little fucker. With the citidel AI out of the way and the reapers now weakened as the cruicible fires a pulse to weaken all the reapers, harbinger turns up to end me once and for all.

I then fend him off dodging around the beams and the normandy turns up and blasts a few holes in him giving me time to put the omniblade right in the bastards eye.

Then I bowl off to the nearest bar with Garrus and my teams from all 3 games.
    I do wish we could have at least destroyed Harbinger along the way.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Should be a fun challenge. And yeah, the silver tier is what I'll be aiming for. ^^