Deleted
    Thank you I thought I messed something up at first.

Finally i got my valiant from the very last pack from the last challenge!
    Last edited by RoboA; 2013-03-06 at 09:17 AM.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    does leviathan and uhh omega have any bearing on citadel?
    No, the only one that has any effect on it is the ME2 DLC and From Ashes.

Deleted
    Damn those Mirror matches are really tough on Insanity. I need to find a good squad combination for that. Prolly something with lots of Shield drain and Armor damage or CC.

Maybe I´m taking Tali and Grunt or Garrus and James or some Biotic.
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2013-03-06 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    No, the only one that has any effect on it is the ME2 DLC and From Ashes.
    Damn. Don't have the ME2 dlc. I'm guessing it's for the characters? Like Kasumi basically? I guess I can file edit that shit in right?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Mechs are not outlawed from the Citadel, AI are. Just as they are in all of Citadel space. EDI is allowed entry to the citadel not because she comes from the Normandy or because Joker comes from the Normandy. But Because she "plays dumb" and Joker is allowed a Mobility assistance Mech due to his syndrome. Joker could be coming from any ship and the outcome would be the same because he has a medical reason to be accompanied by an advanced mech.
    You know after reading your responses it seems that you are either having real difficult time at comprehension of written text, fail at logic or just plain [intractable].
    1. I said mechs are not ALLOWED, not outlawed.
    2. Yes they are not allowed - otherwise why would Joker need to invent an excuse to bring one?
    3. Yes the excuse was to bring EDI as Mech on board. As personal Medical Mech.
    4. Hiding the fact that she is AI - is due to separate LEGAL issue.
    5. EDI was allowed entry because Joker lied, not because she's from Normandy
    6. Joker's lie wasn't challenged because HE is from Normandy. He actually complained about it to Shepard "they allowed an unshackled AI to walk around the Citadel"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1FFNVE2z20 and the conversation you have when approaching with Legion in Mass Effect 2 indicate that the Citadel is trying to implement new protocols for detecting and finding Geth infiltrators. C-Sec also has a Department whose purpose is to deal with illegal artificial intelligence, and all AI is technically illegal in Council/Citadel Territory. Only four research groups are allowed to have AI for research purposes. http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Cod...es_.28C-Sec.29
    Geth Infiltrators can be found in various ways, none of them includes detection of AI. Both Citadel's AIs were never detected. 'Cept for pure luck.
    C-sec deals with discovered AI's it has no means of detecting AI. If they suspect that certain Mech has AI on board - they can check it out and that's it.

Eva Core infiltrated military installations - and she WAS AI (she wasn't projecting herself into the body - she was in the body), shackled but anyway illegal
    They have ways of finding AI otherwise EDI wouldn't have had to have hidden as a Mobility Assistance Mech at all.
    /facepalm
    She was smuggled in just as anything else that is illegal was smuggled in. Bring brought past Customs and Security as something you are not is the very definition of smuggle. She wasn't brought in as a Mech controlled by an AI but as a Mobility Assistance Mech that has nothing to do with an AI.
    Her Mech body was not smuggled - it was allowed officially to enter. yes Joker lied about HIS need for a Mech, and that EDI's body is that Mech - that is hardly smuggling. Not to mention mechs are not illegal, there's no need to smuggle one. EDI herself is not present on Citadel. You are basically saying that then you talk to someone via Skype that person is right there where you are. Or when you watch a live stream from one of NY City web cameras (from outside of USA, not being a USA citizen)- you are illegally crossing the USA border! EDI's mech is exactly like a Web Camera with manipulators that can be controlled remotely.
    Being from the Normandy has no bearing on her being allowed onto the station or not. Otherwise you know they wouldn't have had to pretend she was something else to get by customs. They could have just said I'm with Normandy and the Spectre and that would have been enough to get them through if what you say is true.
    Yes it doesn't - for her. But it does all the bearing it needs for Joker. Joker's lie passed without any scrutiny - otherwise it would've failed!
    No they could not just say that they are with Spectre. Because that would be abuse of Shepards power. Which only Shepard can use. Joker is a decent human being.
    Or maybe he likes to do stuff on his own. EDI wouldn't even think of that. I gathered she wasn't even happy with Joker's lie.

A sword is not a high tech weapon just because it is made of material that required technology.
    Yes it is. If it cannot be made any other way.
    A Titanium sword isn't a high tech weapon when compared to a bronze sword.
    Yes it is. DOH! Titanium alloys are high tech materials especially compared to bronze. Even Steel is high tech material compared to bronze, heck, even Iron is! Iron age >>>> Bronze age. Bronze items are CAST, while Iron items are HAMMERED. Not to mention melting temperatures...
    Even if you load Ancient Egyptians with tons of Titanium - they wouldn't have the means to do anything with it. Only in 20th century we found a way to use it. 2 centuries after the discovery of the chemical element.
    They are both low tech weapons made of different materials. There is nothing high tech about something with a monomolecular edge. It takes technology to create it but that doesn't make it a high tech weapon.
    Technology is all it takes for something to be high tech.
    I can create a Diamond in the lab using technology but that doesn't make a Diamond a high tech weapon if I cut you with it.
    Synthetic diamonds are HIGH TECH material. The technology is only ~50 years old!
    But you just don't know a thing about diamonds it seems. You can't make a sword out of it, or a knife. Because although diamonds are hard they are very brittle. You can create an "edge" out of it though as it is done in some modern tools (glass-cutter, for instance).
    Something that isn't electronic is often called ___ ____. I'll give you a hint the first word is Low and the second word is Tech. Darn I just solved it for you.
    I do not care for laymen use of terms. First computers were based on vacuum tubes. Now it's semiconductors (technology age ~30). Guess what is low and what is high tech. Both are electronic devices.
    And I'd like to point out that we were discussing the COST here.

I urge you to drop this low/high tech topic because it's quite obvious you are not fluent in it.

But they could have no omni-tools for a variety of reasons, which is my comment that sparked off in the first place. Just because they are not using omni-tool weapons doesn't mean they are in an era that pre-dates omni tools. Maybe they couldn't afford them? Maybe one just likes the visceral feel of slicing skin with metal? Maybe they are brawling. Maybe she was forced to relinquish her Omni-tool to see the crime boss. There could be any number of reasons for why they aren't using Omni-tools. Before the invention of Omni-tools is the least of those reasons.
    That's a lot of assumptions not reasons. They both couldn't afford them? Seems weird even for one of them - since it's basically a mobile phone of ME. They both at the same time prefer metallic weapons? They are brawling with metal weapons? Why can't they brawl with omni-tools? I sure could in Citadel DLC!
    So she was forced to relinquish a weapon and take another weapon! while he just don't have omni-tool or don't like omni-tool? That's even more unlikely.
    Yes ther ecould be many reasons. But the most real is the most simple. They just don't have omni-tool technology yet (or lost it - I gave two versions - pre-omni-tool or post-reaper) or it is in prototype stages.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2013-03-06 at 10:33 AM.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Regarding that upcoming Comic:

"It will have a connection to the Mass Effect 3: Citadel downloadable content.[1]"

So no pre omni-tool era or something.

---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 11:43 AM ----------

I never thought that I would say this but Rhorle is right in that argument about omni-tools and knifes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    Regarding that upcoming Comic:

"It will have a connection to the Mass Effect 3: Citadel downloadable content.[1]"

So no pre omni-tool era or something.

---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 11:43 AM ----------

I never thought that I would say this but Rhorle is right in that argument about omni-tools and knifes.
    Well they are not saying it explcitely:
    Q: With the announcement of "Foundation" and the upcoming release of the "Citadel" downloadable content for "Mass Effect 3," it seems like the perfect opportunity to tie the two pieces together. How are the two connected, if at all?

A: We've consciously tried to make sure there will be some connections. Without getting into the details, I think the simplest thing to say is, as I said before, we are very character-based in the way we tell stories. We believe the best stories come from having strong characters. If you were to look for what ties them together, I think that would be a good place to start.

So a gather some Characters would have a connection. That can either be pre-omni-tool or post war.

There's even one page of a comic:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/pr...pid=1362155255
    Says nothing about era. But interesting detail - a woman and that boy seem to be slaves, and the human guy - either one of their slavers or some guy with information.

If they are slaves that explains why woman don't have omni-tool. But the guy with gauntlet blades is still a mystery.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

That Garrus dance seen had me in stitches. The bastards far too cool! I play as a bro shep and I am straight but damn Garrus has me in a man crush.

Deleted
    Ugh.. download finished late enough last night that I won't be able to do anything until I get back from work. Of course, I only finished the ME2 run while Citadel was downloading, so I have tons more to do before it is actually available.

Easy on the spoilers for the next couple of days please. I'm quite certain that I am not the only one following the thread who couldn't get started right away, so.. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    This DLC can be summed up in three words.

Authentic French Sushi.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alindu View Post
    Ugh.. download finished late enough last night that I won't be able to do anything until I get back from work. Of course, I only finished the ME2 run while Citadel was downloading, so I have tons more to do before it is actually available.

Easy on the spoilers for the next couple of days please. I'm quite certain that I am not the only one following the thread who couldn't get started right away, so.. ^^
    I am right there with you. I haven't even purchased it yet. I do not wanna end up starting another ME3 playthrough and not able to finish it within two weeks or so. So little time right now. Since I have to do all the other SP DLCs aswell, I have a lot more playtime ahead of me than my first 35 hours (scanned every system, did every conversations). Though, on my second playthrough I don't have to do all the conversation possibilities for secondary characters.

I do have a question: how important is it to have a good squad on Insanity? I always wanna bring every squadmate along the same amount of times, favoring my favorite squadmates for more important, bigger missions. I play as Infiltrator (will of course continue with my ME3 save). Took Warp as a bonus power to spam Biotic Explosions with Liara. Another question is: what are the best squad mates for an infiltrator?

The only 'extra' squadmate I will have will be Javik. Haven't played any DLC for ME2. Wish I had though, but either way, doing it now isn't a possibility as I am going to start my second playthrough with my ME3 save.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I'm praying they implement some other way to unlock the N7 weapons when they stop doing the weekend challenges. I still have so many I need. @_@
    Probably will, shouldn't be too hard to rename some older ops or just reuse them if people ask enough for more N7 unlock chances. Just managed to do Platinum vs Cerberus, time for the other three and then it's good times all round.

Edit: Checked the store after that game and found a gift pack, just an upgrade for the N7 hurricane though.

Edit 2: Geth and Cerberus done, same group wants to do collector. This'll be easier than I thought.
    Last edited by mmocfe9271d693; 2013-03-06 at 01:12 PM.

Deleted
    Or they could simply just reuse the previous week end challenge, and redo them in the same order or randomly pick them over and over for as long as the servers keeps running.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekira View Post
    Or they could simply just reuse the previous week end challenge, and redo them in the same order or randomly pick them over and over for as long as the servers keeps running.
    I think this would be the best option. Just put them on an infinite loop for as long as the servers are up. Renaming isn't even necessary. I do want them to continue. Atleast you have some sort of objective every week and a nice reward to look forward to.

Also got a Gift pack. Was an upgrade for the N7 shotgun (forgot its name). Never use shotguns, yey. Well, except for the Reeger Carbine, but it's still too low a level to be really helpful.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    I wont spoil anything but LoTSB has finally met his match !! The Citadel DLC is a thousand times better in regards of missions, fun, gameplay and most importantly POST DLC content !! Seriously Lair stands no chance with his small area that you could access after the DLC (the control room) because Citadel has so much more after the DLC is done.

Hopefully anyone sees now that BW can still do DLCs after the "mediocre" Omega DLC.
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2013-03-06 at 01:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Citadel DLC Question...I have read it has a lot of fan service in it, and everyone is saying how funny it is. So of course I'm wondering if they found a way to include the Gamer Poop line by Shepard, "Report to the ship. We'll bang ok?" If so, I would have to LOL. If not, missed opportunity. ^_^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Citadel DLC Question...I have read it has a lot of fan service in it, and everyone is saying how funny it is. So of course I'm wondering if they found a way to include the Gamer Poop line by Shepard, "Report to the ship. We'll bang ok?" If so, I would have to LOL. If not, missed opportunity. ^_^
    I think it is no big spoiler to tell you that the gamer poop crap was not included in the DLC

So no "We´ll bang" Shepard.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's however a moment when Shepard can suggest a bang activity for two ladies with Katsumi ready to record everything (Katsumi is a naguthy girl, she even have gone thru my FemShep's underwear in the drawer).
    Also James and another lady can hook up.

By the way about James there's no achievement for 183 lift ups - so don't bother - unless you really into it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    There's however a moment when Shepard can suggest a bang activity for two ladies with Katsumi ready to record everything (Katsumi is a naguthy girl, she even have gone thru my FemShep's underwear in the drawer).
    Also James and another lady can hook up.

By the way about James there's no achievement for 183 lift ups - so don't bother - unless you really into it
    Yeah I tried the lift ups too but there is nothing you gain from doing all of them I just spend 30 minutes doing lift ups yesterday because I thought that there is a prize to win.