Deleted
    3/10.
    Thats the best i can give you.

Deleted
    Struggling to get past ME 1 right now some of these side missions are such a drag. Think I'm going to prepare a list of side missions that actually carry over to the next games so I don't have to waste time doing the boring ones like the rogue VI.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    You are not the only one. And I don't think it's sad at all. I wouldn't treat people like that in real life, so why would I in some game? I'd actually feel sorry for the characters if I was Renegade. Kill of Mordin, dafuq man.
    That's how I feel as well. I just can't bring myself to play renegade/bad in Mass Effect/Dragon Age/Jade Empire/any game with moral choices. I also wish more people would apply this to the internet. But alas...I can only hope.

And imo, I think Broshep is better for renegade playthroughs. The monotone voice is more appropriate I feel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMDuncan View Post
    waste time doing the boring ones like the rogue VI.
    Speaking of missions that carry over...

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Speaking of missions that carry over...
    The irony of his post was strong. :P

Deleted
    I am pretty sure there isn't much impact in ME 2, a few extra speech options but that is really it?

I am pretty sure there isn't much impact in ME 2, a few extra speech options but that is really it?
    That rogue VI mission serves as the background for a pretty important character. :P

Deleted
    I think I'm being a retard right now care to elaborate please. I was led to believe that the VI does end up being EDI?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'm being a retard right now care to elaborate please. I was led to believe that the VI does end up being EDI?
    Yeah, its part of what eventually becomes EDI.

Besides, the mission on Luna gives you the option to pick a specialization (like an Adept picks between Bastion or Nemesis.) So as much as that mission is a PITA, it's one I do.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Yeah, its part of what eventually becomes EDI.

Besides, the mission on Luna gives you the option to pick a specialization (like an Adept picks between Bastion or Nemesis.) So as much as that mission is a PITA, it's one I do.
    I actually forgot all about class specialization so I assume that's why most thought mentioning the mission was pointless was silly.

The playthrough I am doing is on normal difficulty so I would imagine a class specialization wouldn't actually make much difference apart from make it a bit easier?

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually forgot all about class specialization so I assume that's why most thought mentioning the mission was pointless was silly.

The playthrough I am doing is on normal difficulty so I would imagine a class specialization wouldn't actually make much difference apart from make it a bit easier?
    I would survivability, but armor has more to do with that than anything. It buffs the damage of your class mostly, reducing CDs is huge for Adept/Engineers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Dunno why but I laughed like a crazy person at that.
    Same here, along with Mordin's refrigerator comment.

Deleted
    Just finished Tuchanka again in ME3 and I always am close to shedding a real tear when Mordin gets onto that Elevator to sacrifice himself for the Sake of the Korgan species.

Don't know why but I grew pretty attached over the years with many of the characters in Mass Effect. I know it's no real person but still...
    Last edited by mmocd4e764b34e; 2013-04-06 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrus Vakarian View Post
    Don't know why
    Good writing. A good writer can make you care about a fictional character as if it were a real person.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Good writing. A good writer can make you care about a fictional character as if it were a real person.
    I guess thats true. Another example would be the TV Series Dawson's Creek. In Season 5 when Mitch dies I am always close to crying even though I know that the Scene is coming.

edit: I just saw they made another Genesis DLC for ME3 as well...whats the Big Deal about that anyway? I never tried the first one but as far as I heard you couldnt make ALL decision that had impact on ME2 and 3, Conrad Verner for example.
    Last edited by mmocd4e764b34e; 2013-04-06 at 09:27 AM.

I'm not ashamed to say I straight up bawled my eyes out more than once playing this trilogy, and still do for many scenes (damn Thane's death scene gets me every time).

Deleted
    Mass Effect was generally very good at pulling on some peoples heart strings, whether it was making you feel like the greatest person in the galaxy or making you sad due to some character being killed off. Mordin is probably the one that gets me most, his character was just something... different compared to the other people, his attitude and mannerisms were all really amusing to me and then... he's gone, right until the end he is the Mordin I grew to like.

As for Thane, his death made me more annoyed than anything, in a "I'm going to find you and kill you" sort of thing against Kai Leng, think that's how it's spelt.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberichs View Post
    As for Thane, his death made me more annoyed than anything, in a "I'm going to find you and kill you" sort of thing against Kai Leng, think that's how it's spelt.
    For me it was mainly the whole "saying a prayer for Shepard even though he's the one dying" thing. Shepard realizing that the last verse said "she" and asking Kolyat about it... every onion in the world.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was deeply touched only in ME3, but only by music. The rest was touching me shallowly.

Thane's death was inevitable, didn't really matter which syndrome killed him: Kepral's or Kai Leng's
    Mordin's death was kind of "losing people under your command in action" sad. But my Shepard being a survivor have seen it before. (Also Mordin sometimes was dying in ME2 final mission when I sent him with the rescued crew back to the Normandy, had to replay, but not for emotional reasons - completionist ones)
    Grunt's Close Contact of the 3rd kind with Rachni was the same but with a good ending.
    Wreeve's death was "hahahahaha" (I only mention him because it's Wrex replacement for people who killed Wrex)
    Kid's death - ironic. I wouldn't have had nightmares with him after that. I would've been more concerned with the rest of the people who died that day, and even at that instant moment in the shuttles. But the music - it was trying to squeeze some tears from me.
    Anderson's Death was sad as a friend's death, but I attribute it mostly to the music again which almost succeeded in tearing me down. Also I was right there about to die too.
    Kaiden's Death - "oh god, did I make a right dialog choice to save Ashley?".
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Well yeah, wasnt much about it when they died.
    Everyone is expendable.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2013-04-06 at 01:46 PM.