Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    You select Silver and you end up in Platinum? How did that happen?

I haven't played ME3 MP since I unlocked the last remaining kits. Might play again some day, but right now, I have very little time. More interested in completing some other games' single player first.
    It happens a lot. It tries to place you in a game with the difficulty you select but it can't do it all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oerba Yun Fang View Post
    It happens a lot. It tries to place you in a game with the difficulty you select but it can't do it all the time.
    I felt like messing around, so I queued for Silver. I stopped queuing for it because I would get placed in Gold/Plat matches often. So I just started to queue for Gold. If I feel like having fun go for Bronze or Silver and just blow stuff up. I wasn't really prepared for Plat. I had no Weapon or Arm boosts on.

Edit: There is more people playing Gold/Plat than Silver on late at night. So the matchmaking system will put you in the higher difficulty games if there is no Silver spots available. As far as I know, if you queue for Bronze. They will always try to place you in Bronze. Even if the queue time is 10 minutes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Oh yes the story of Bardock, they made a film about it didn't they?

As the story goes he was touched by some alien race who allowed him to have visions of the future. As a punishment for wiping out their people. So he can sort of see whats going on. He rebels against Frieza gets blown up and teleported back in time on planet vegeta. He fights Friezas ancestor who then spreads the tale of the legendary saiyan. While back in time he has some sort of vision of Goku afaik as well.
    I think I have some movie to watch now. This guy sounds like a very likable character. I always thought that in the scene where he confronts Frieza (in a flashback in Dragonball Z), he is joined by hundreds of Saiyans. But I just read those are infact soldiers serving Frieza that he just fought through to get to Frieza. Not to mention the fact that he is breathing in space. Frieza clearly states that Saiyans can't do that; or is he merely saying that to Goku to make him scared, because he knows he can, having seen Bardock do it?

I do remember sometimes being put into a lobby that says Gold when I selected Silver. It happened vice versa aswell, but never from Bronze to higher, or Silver to Bronze. Nor have I ever been put into a lobby for Platinum.
    Statix will suffice.

I think I have some movie to watch now. This guy sounds like a very likable character. I always thought that in the scene where he confronts Frieza (in a flashback in Dragonball Z), he is joined by hundreds of Saiyans. But I just read those are infact soldiers serving Frieza that he just fought through to get to Frieza. Not to mention the fact that he is breathing in space. Frieza clearly states that Saiyans can't do that; or is he merely saying that to Goku to make him scared, because he knows he can, having seen Bardock do it?

I do remember sometimes being put into a lobby that says Gold when I selected Silver. It happened vice versa aswell, but never from Bronze to higher, or Silver to Bronze. Nor have I ever been put into a lobby for Platinum.
    Bardocks attitude is more inline with Vegeta/raditz, although not as extreme. He is a saiyan warrior. But he later shows where Goku gets some of his spirit from. Its alright as far as spin off fiction goes.

I still think the Frieza saga was the pinacle of DBZ. It wrapped up the Saiyan history nicely.

Deleted
    So exactly how did he go back in time and meet Ice Cube?

The ability to see into the future which was gifted to him by a race he helped enslave/destroy. They basically allowed him to see into the future to show how his actions would affect him etc. Sort of a punishment I guess? Friezas blast somehow mixed with that power and sent him back in time apparently.

Deleted
    Right, two things.
    How is that a punishment?
    And, how didnt that help him, you know, win or atleast foresee Goku smacking his tail around?

Punishment supposedly because it will show his actions are bad or some rubbish. Cursing him with visions he can't control I guess? Not entirely sure my self.

Against Frieza he knew Frieza was up to something bad (the genocide of his race) went to stop him but as he didn't control that power got beat up anyways his last words being his son will avenge him or live on or some crap (goku)

Still its quite murky tbh, I would have preferred leaving it with him being blown up. Had some sense of closure to it. When hes the legendary saiyan and not brolly it leaves other questions like how far back did he go? What did he do next? does he attempt to redeem him self for his past actions ?

Deleted
    Say, if one would start to watch DBZ, what point would be a good time to watch the bardock movie, with the lore and all?
    Right after Frieza is introduced? Before they fight, as one of those flashbacks what anime like to have?

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Say, if one would start to watch DBZ, what point would be a good time to watch the bardock movie, with the lore and all?
    Right after Frieza is introduced? Before they fight, as one of those flashbacks what anime like to have?
    I would say after the end of the Frieza saga as to not spoil gokus first transformation (which canon wise is the 1st one we should see) I have the series and I pretty much skip most of the filler episodes. theres a lot of fluf ¬_¬

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    The ability to see into the future which was gifted to him by a race he helped enslave/destroy. They basically allowed him to see into the future to show how his actions would affect him etc. Sort of a punishment I guess? Friezas blast somehow mixed with that power and sent him back in time apparently.
    That's like the cyclops in Krull!

But back on topic, I think its pretty crazy that I keep finding clips of the Citadel DLC on YouTube of scenes I never saw, despite playing it on 3 of my Shepards. I guess there is just a lot of variables. Do you all know if there is a checklist of all the scenes in the DLC so I can see if I missed anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    We could talk about the Mass Effect movie!
    Gilbert Gottfried as the voice of Sovereign!
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Gilbert Gottfried as the voice of Sovereign!
    I'm sure you have a Troll character in World of Warcraft.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    Isn't this the Mass Effect thread? What's a discussion on DBZ doing here?

edit: Oh, it ended. Disregard me!

I'm sure you have a Troll character in World of Warcraft.
    Javik? Pretty sure he's "troll" in both voice and behaviour.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Javik? Pretty sure he's "troll" in both voice and behaviour.
    Javik, Grandmaster Troll. He is the best troll out there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Never had the pleasure of having Javik as a squadmate. Still have to start my second ME3 playthrough with all DLCs installed. Need to wait a bit more for that. Barely have any time to play games, and I don't want to spread my playthrough of ME3 over a couple of months.
    Statix will suffice.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    Javik, Grandmaster Troll. He is the best troll out there.
    He is The Embodiment of Tr... Vengeance, after all.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Awww I missed the DBZ discussion. All I'm going to say it Bardock is to renegade Shep as Goku is to paragon and...

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    There are two movies. Watch the Bardock: Father of Goku first, even before the first DBZ episode. It will be a nice prequel for the saiyan and Frieza sagas. Save the 2nd movie, episode of Bardock for after the Frieza saga as it will mean little without knowing the saga events. MMO champ DBZ fan thread here in case anyone's interested.

More on topic, Javik is definitely worth the DLC $. The guy just cracks me up, especially if you pair him with Liara. My first play through I had them with Shep every mission. Granted it was also because a vanguard shep with those two is just godly.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-04-19 at 03:44 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really like the characters that lurk in the DBZ fan thread. I enjoy the people who post here, since it just doesn't devolve into who was stronger fan boi argument.