Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Wait, that thing can hit you?
    Yeah I was kinda surprised too because I never thought that it actually hits you and that it´s more of an ambient nature ... but then it hit me and I was like "WTF that beam can hit you?".

Though that did not occur until like a few months back so I had lots of playthroughs where the beam did not hit me prior to that "incident"

Deleted
    I never got hit with it and never payed much attention to it either. Seems like i have to be a little more careful next time

I have never tried the last mission on insanity but i dont understand why people would bring such pain on themself.

I can solo platinum on MP but THAT mission pisses me off even on normal dificulty.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

Deleted
    I cant even solo gold, and i just rampaged through last mission on insanity.
    I guess our teammates have better A.I than i do.

Quote Originally Posted by Oerba Yun Fang View Post
    I must be the only one who wasn't actually all that impressed with LotSB. I mean, it was good, but I would rank it under Leviathan, From Ashes, and even Arrival. Maybe it's because I'm not a huge fan of Liara, I dunno, but outside of the couple of funny lines Shepard had with Liara, it really wasn't all that memorable to me.
    Eh, for me Arrival might have had some major plot relevance but it forced me to go around without companions, revolved around a new generic NPC who I had trouble caring about and a lot of it felt pretty generic. Also thought it was a bit of an ass pull that after all of ME1 and ME2 we suddenly find out that the Reapers are invading the galaxy by lunchtime that day. I must've spent months screwing around with side quests and scanning planets before going on that DLC!

LoTSB on the other hand allowed me to fill in backstory and character development on an important character I cared about (who got kind of screwed in the main ME2 game being stuck behind a desk while you save the galaxy again). Also the actual levels were creative and fun. The Shadow Broker's ship is still one of the most visually impressive things in all three games. It had a good balance of drama and sense of humour (and the humour was derived from character and in-universe references and in-jokes, as opposed to the frankly generic gags in say, Citadel which just felt out of place). To me it was clearly the best DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Kinda depressing that heavy melee was in ME2 but they removed it. Thats one of the few things I didn't like about ME2, how weak the melee was (and how non-existent it was in ME1, well it was there, but it was a pain in the ass.) Sure, this is in retrospect, without ME3 I didn't notice it was missing in ME2, but going back to ME2 and punching a husk makes me miss the omniblade.
    Personally I thought melee didn't really make much sense in the ME universe since we're busy firing mass distorted metal shavings at each other at incredible speeds. The heavy melee in ME3 looked cool but felt a bit like it belonged in a different game IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Personally I thought melee didn't really make much sense in the ME universe since we're busy firing mass distorted metal shavings at each other at incredible speeds. The heavy melee in ME3 looked cool but felt a bit like it belonged in a different game IMO.
    Like say... Gears of War?

Chainsaws attached to our guns will ALWAYS make sense.

Deleted
    Eh, its an american thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don´t quite get how heavy-melee makes no sense in the ME-Universe because actually it does make a lot of sense.

Unless the soldiers in Mass Effect use shotguns all their other "mass distorted" guns do shit at close quarter combat (most soldiers use assault rifles canon wise). So having a omni-tool that creates an extremely hot one-use blade does not fit into the universe? Seriously Mass Effect has always been about the amazing technology like Mass acceleration and Omni-Tools are an incredible technology too.

To be honest I am glad that heavy-melee made it into the game and I don´t see how it does not fit to the game concept? When a husk comes close you have to do something to fend it off and your assault rifles do shit in this situation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    To be honest I am glad that heavy-melee made it into the game and I don´t see how it does not fit to the game concept? When a husk comes close you have to do something to fend it off and your assault rifles do shit in this situation.
    Im gonna be super obvious right now and say "shoot it".

Deleted
    Im gonna be super obvious right now and say "shoot it".
    Well it is even stated in-game that most weapons are just very bad at close quarters (especially assault rifles like the Avenger). Yes you can try to shoot it but what if that said Husk is monkey-hugging you already? Oh yeah shoot it

No seriously you need something for close-quarter combat even in ME. Those Husks like it close and personal and Husks are pretty common in ME3 so why no heavy melee?

BTW: Yes those Chainsaw guns in Gears of War are just stupid. I mean a Chainsaw on a gun? Yeah pure american stereotypes right there.

Deleted
    Yea, but omniblades in ME3 wouldnt really work.
    The reach is just awful, and the blades are too small.
    Something like a sledgehammer or a naginata would be more efficient.

Not a naginata, a shotgun or pistol is fine at that range. You need the thing for the very close combat.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    Yea, but omniblades in ME3 wouldnt really work.
    The reach is just awful, and the blades are too small.
    Something like a sledgehammer or a naginata would be more efficient.
    Or that fucking big HAMMER of the fucking big THOR *cough* I mean Krogan Warlord. Imagine Shepard wielding such a hammer ... would be epic.

I agree with you that the omni-blade is way too small but I quite like the other heavy-melee moves Shepard can have as Adept, Infiltrator and so on.

However wielding Mjolnir (Thor´s hammer) or a Naginata would be priceless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    Or that fucking big HAMMER of the fucking big THOR *cough* I mean Krogan Warlord. Imagine Shepard wielding such a hammer ... would be epic.

I agree with you that the omni-blade is way too small but I quite like the other heavy-melee moves Shepard can have as Adept, Infiltrator and so on.

However wielding Mjolnir (Thor´s hammer) or a Naginata would be priceless.
    Weapon diversity leaves alot to desire in ME.
    Maybe Kai Leng should have had a naginata instead.

Honestly, you know what i would like to have seen?
    Jack having a sort of biotic version of Gate of Babylon, just creating a shitton of biotic blades at once and sending them crashing down the enemies, wiping out everything.
    It would fit her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Not a naginata, a shotgun or pistol is fine at that range. You need the thing for the very close combat.
    Pistol for a short range fast moving target that doesnt feel pain or fear death?
    You are shit out of luck.

Deleted
    There would have been so many cool moves Shepard and his crew could have in the Mass Effect setting. One thing that instantly came to my mind:

-Some sort of "Fan of Knives" ability (the one from WoW where your rogue does a blade AoE) only with biotic blades. Would fit Jack perfectly but also Adept Shepard. (like you said with the Gate of Babylon ability)

Deleted
    The only interesting biotic ability in ME is, for me, Singularity.

The only interesting biotic ability in ME is, for me, Singularity.
    Pish.

Bigbys Giant Biotic Hand. Grab those Geth and shake em like bond and his martini.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Pish.

Bigbys Giant Biotic Hand. Grab those Geth and shake em like bond and his martini.
    In that case, i want a biotic Hyakuretsu no Ken.
    A sky full of fists coming down on the enemy.

In that case, i want a biotic Hyakuretsu no Ken.
    A sky full of fists coming down on the enemy.
    Could make a Biotic trickster and do a three stooges routine against the enemy. Ok... now I want a Kinect 2.0 ME game where I can just taunt and mess with my enemies with biotics.