10+ Year Old Account
    So I just started my first Eden Prime to London BroShep. I'm ready to rescue Liara on Therum at this moment. Default appearance, but changed his name to Alan so he'd be named after the Shepard that Shepard is named after. I've only done one BroShep before this, and that was just a run through of ME2.
    Putin khuliyo

My head hurts. I was looking at my Raptr profile, and decided to see if people still pissed with ME3.

Then I find an article on how DA3 and ME4 share "the same core elements".

Well, not a surprise when they explain that the status and RPG elements are being programmed by a single team for the 2 games, because having less people than their projects demand and tossing them around games s they finish tasks is something that Bioware have been doing since they finished ME2.

Now, what hurts is to see that they see gamers as such a low life form that they can make 2 clothings for a single system and then sell as if it was 2 different games. It's not simply using the same engine, as some blind sheep claim, is using the same SYSTEM. As in the status allocation, the choices style, the gear modifiers, combat style.

It's just two big mods one in magic fantasy and other in futuristic sci-fi on the same core game. Shameless in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please... just no Buu. Most of us in this thread at this point are die hard addicts.

Deleted
    I want sources on that before i groan, cause it smells like alot of bullshit.

Deleted
    They are using core elements, that doesn't mean they will have the same gameplay systems. people with no indepth knowledge jumping to conclusions because of a single digit number of words.

I assume "sharing core elements" means actual RPG elements. You have to remember, Frostbite was originally developed as a FPS engine. They need to add stuff to it to accomodate RPG features. My guess is that it's simply stuff like allowing basic inventory, experience gain, skill trees, etc. Making something really basic for one project and then sharing it with the other project will save a LOT of time for the second team while still allowing them to customize it to what they need from it. It does not mean that both games will be the exact same thing with different skins.

Deleted
    So people are essentially saying, it will be the same U.I?
    I dont even...

People like to paint the devil on the walls.

Multiple Games using same engine is nothing new nor means slacking or whatever.
    Just gonna state some Games that used the Unreal 3 Engine:
    Mass Effect 1,2,3
    X-Com: Enemy Unknown
    Borderlands 2
    BioShock Infinite
    Remember Me
    Those are just some out of the top of my head, there are TONS more.

All of these use the same Engine and they are nothing alike. Its not new and nothing to worry about. Oh DA:O and DA2 use the same engine btw, and look at how each games panned out Combat/ Interface wise.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rning/advanced
    i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz - R9-280X @ 1150Mhz on stock voltage - 8GB of DDR3 Ram @ 1866Mhz

10+ Year Old Account
    ME1 does not use the Unreal 3 engine. Clarification for Confined.

It did, it was on one of the earlier versions of it.

"In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Well, not a surprise when they explain that the status and RPG elements are being programmed by a single team for the 2 games, because having less people than their projects demand and tossing them around games s they finish tasks is something that Bioware have been doing since they finished ME2.
    This is how any game studio that develops more then one game works. Because you don't pay people to sit around and do nothing, you give them something to do. They are both using the Frostbite engine (Check out the BF4 footage for an idea of what is capable for ME4 as they both will be using Frostbite 3). DA3 has only been confirmed as using Frostbite 2 though it will likely be updated to the third edition of the engine if it doesn't require to much reworking of the already existing game.

It also makes perfect sense to have the core engine developed and worked on by the same team. Because the core of ME4 and DA3 can function the same while having two entirely different games built on top of that core. Why reinvent the wheel, when you've already created the wheel with an existing team?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Why reinvent the wheel, when you've already created the wheel with an existing team?
    Because some wheels needs grills.

I never get tired of Rana's cosplay. XD

I fucking love this game.

I make obscure references to that infiltrator tits conversation all the time. It's fun to see who gets it and who doesn't. XD

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, Mel, we can see your tits infiltrating, is their stealth system on cool-down or something?
    And put your pants back on your ass, we don't have no shotguns on a shore-leave!
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    I started a new play through as an Adept femshep. I am about halfway through the first game. I consider the ending the Citadel dlc. I stop playing after that.

War Hero and Colonist.

Deleted
    Why would anyone even take the lone survivor origin?
    Having been kicked to the curb and traumatized is hardly the best start when you can be a war hero or a ruthless agent.