10+ Year Old Account

I love you grunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    My only experience with star trek is New Generation, so you will have to forgive my ignorance.
    *cries real tears*

10+ Year Old Account
    Javic, Garrus, and Tali are my favs now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I love Zaeed. At first I felt pretty much like you said, but once I started hearing all his stories and then of course his priceless banter at the Citadel party... he became one of my favorite characters.
    I loved how he and Garrus were trying to booby trap the apartment.

And I loved this gem of a quote from him in the arcade:

"What could possibly be more imporant than Zaeed Massani not getting bested by some fucking kids game?" First time I heard it, I laughed my ass off.

The whole scene (not my Shep)

Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    trying
    That bathtub looked ready to kill reapers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel the need to.... do some calibrations.

been getting that ME 1-2-3 itch again.

what do you guys think of a chronicles Mass effect game? covering story lines from the past of Mass effect? Like the First contact war with Ashley's grandfather. Garros' time as Arch Angel with his team. The days of a younger Zaeed. Urdnot Wrex's past (stuff with his father and so on). etc etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would hate it, i do not want an RPG where i already know how things will end even on the first playthrough.

Future or alternate story during same timeline makes the most sense to me.

I like the second a little more then the first. Shepard was one hero in the war against the Reapers but likely wasn't the only. Shepard's story was also about the discovery and trying to convince others of the Reapers existence. The Galaxy is a big place with tons of things going on during this time. Of course eventually some of the pivotal points would bump together. Likely pretty hard to miss out on the whole attack in ME1 ending, the massive human kid napping during ME2, and of course the war against the Reapers in ME3. But they could just be bumps along the road in a much larger side story with different objectives, different characters, and most importantly a completely different story.

If you go future it does leave everything pretty much wide open. Completely reinvent the story and new characters from the ground up. This can be a really good thing if things start off well and doesn't end up with an internet shit storm (which like 99% of things do). But building a completely new technological scheme, new races, and progression existing things logically can be more difficult then we all thing. It also leaves you to question what could be bigger and badder then the Reapers and most important how does one of the 3(4ish) choices at the end of ME3 play into this story. Each change it pretty drastically. All 3 make it a lot stranger and clumsier galaxy. Of course we all know it will likely just default with one in the 'distant' past and just roll with it. But that detaches from the past games pretty harshly when in fact they are directly connected if that is the case.

I always thought about an adventure to dark space though. The Reapers lingered out there for 50,000 years for many cycles. From my understanding their were mass relays that got shut down. Might be a lot more. Bound to be a collection of indoctrinated spices. Places for them to build, repair, and marshal their forces. Possibly far enough not to be effected by the events of ME3's ending. It might just be a wild idea but I thought about it a few times while playing ME3.

But going to the past for me would kind of suck. Personally I wish it would have just started there and worked its way to where we are now rather then rebooting. Mostly because in the ME universe the answers were usually all given. The who, whats, and whys for everything in the first contact war are pretty open to see. Wouldn't be to surprising to many unless they changed it up completely. But then we are talking about screwing with cannon.. which kind of sucks with major RPGs.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2014-07-06 at 12:50 PM.

And this guy in star trek.
    Sir, I will assume that is an elaborate troll and tip my hat to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I love Zaeed. At first I felt pretty much like you said, but once I started hearing all his stories and then of course his priceless banter at the Citadel party... he became one of my favorite characters.

RIP Robin Sachs.
    Whaaaaaat Robin Sachs is dead? Man I did not realise he was 61.

Well that's ruined my day.

I mostly remember him as Ethan Rayne in Buffy. His Zaeed was brilliant though. Not normally a character I'd empathise with but his voice gave him this kind of brutish humanity - I ended up really liking him.

There goes my hope of him playing Zaeed in the movie
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some games that have prequals work because the story is untold. AC 4: black flag for example both worked and did not work.

Other than being Haythems father we knew nothing of Edward Kenway other than being a pirate in his younger days, so it opened a whole new story, but! a major issue with the story was knowing that Edward would survive only to die while Haythem was young, so you knew he would live during AC4 and would know haythem since haythem was once taken to a play by Edward.

It was not like the older ACs were the joke was any hooker Altair or Ezio got with could have had the child who would become desmonds family line, they didnt need to meet their children nor was it confirmed until later games/mini movies that they did have families.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Whaaaaaat Robin Sachs is dead? Man I did not realise he was 61.

Well that's ruined my day.

I mostly remember him as Ethan Rayne in Buffy. His Zaeed was brilliant though. Not normally a character I'd empathise with but his voice gave him this kind of brutish humanity - I ended up really liking him.

There goes my hope of him playing Zaeed in the movie
    Yeah, he died in February last year. There was a weekend challenge dedicated to him in MP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Yeah, he died in February last year. There was a weekend challenge dedicated to him in MP.
    I think that was the only challenge where i went full out. I usually halfslack, but this time it was for the glory of Robin Sachs/Zaeed.

Glorious
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2014-07-07 at 09:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont see why ME3 gets so much hate. It has as much if not more content than ME2 and has a very good story as well. Also the choices feel more impactful than in ME2. Especially the one with the Genophage(SP). I also find the combat a lot better and smoother. Upgrading weapons is also a huge plus and improvements on powers. Also its great to have an enemy besides mercs, collectors, and a few geth (which is far later in ME2). I like the verity of Reaper forces, and Cerberus, plus each unit has a different tactic to be used. I love the guardians since I use pull to rip away their sheilds.

Is it really because of the ending? Because if thats the case I feel a lot of overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I dont see why ME3 gets so much hate. It has as much if not more content than ME2 and has a very good story as well. Also the choices feel more impactful than in ME2. Especially the one with the Genophage(SP). I also find the combat a lot better and smoother. Upgrading weapons is also a huge plus and improvements on powers. Also its great to have an enemy besides mercs, collectors, and a few geth (which is far later in ME2). I like the verity of Reaper forces, and Cerberus, plus each unit has a different tactic to be used. I love the guardians since I use pull to rip away their sheilds.

Is it really because of the ending? Because if thats the case I feel a lot of overreaction.
    That is debatable. It have a large number of illogical plot holes even with EC once one starts to pay closer attention to what is actually going on.

Deleted
    Yes, we reached that conclusion as well after much, much arguing.

ME3 is still one of my all time favourite games.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Pretty much.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

ME3 is still one of my all time favourite games.
    same here. The whole series is probably my all time favorite series of any genre.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still havnt spoken to talis race yet in ME3 and I did 2 dlc so I have javik and got leviathan stuff after all the luls i heard about I may get citidel later today, I have no real interest in getting the omega one since that 1 just reeks of cut content.

I actually like ME3 more.... I mean the writing is so good i am still shocked by a certain salarian an what he did

10+ Year Old Account
    Shireshireshireton, shireville, the shire
    No series has ever made me cry at the death of a character like this series.

Especially Mordin, Kaidan, and Legion. This game makes me not to ever want war ever again.
    Quote Originally Posted by perix View Post
    there are people that think war is like cod.
    That covers just about every twelve year old in America.