Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Point two. As I said already, I got my heart literally broken by how dull, unimpressive, stupid and so on were the endings.
    That's the thing. It's one thing to make a crappy game/movie/TV show/whatever.

It's quite another to make you fall in love with it, and then utterly ruin it. THAT hurts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I can't believe this thread has become a discussion on whether or not we should allow piracy. It's illegal. Isn't discussing illegal things against the rules on MMOC?
    Why do you give a fuck? What do you stand to gain from it?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Well. I dunno. I don't think it was the starchild itself that was the problem.
    It is exactly the problem and I'm not talking about the visuals, fuck visuals. It's about what it represents and what it says. It was totally unexpected in a bad way. It was a lame explanation of what's going on and whatever ending you choose it does not solve the lame problem that started it all.

If they couldn't come up with a good explanation - they shouldn't have given any - jsut let Shepard interact with a console of sorts and discover possible ways to defeat reapers - kill them along with all synthetics and EDI and herself or Assume Direct Control, dying in the process. And FUCK the reason for the cycles. It's better to not know it than to accept the shit Bioware came up with.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2014-07-13 at 12:38 PM.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly it's not just the ending, though the ending was the most unsatisfying part.

Without going into a massive review - it was a big wobbly at the start, then FANTASTIC in the middle, then HORRIBLE at the end. Biggest let downs for me were:

-The ending: even with the extended cut it still feels like an unworthy end to the game and especially the series.
    -The tone, especially at the start and end, crossed the line between dark and just downright depressing.
    -All the new characters are lame, especially compared to the older ones.
    -Kai Leng especially was a horrible character.
    -Vega was a lackluster crew member (in truth, after a VERY long time in the game I came around to him a bit... but still).
    -Although a lot of your previous decisions do impact the game, some of them were only in pretty trivial ways (eg, choosing to kill the Rachni Queen, choosing Morinth over Samara, siding with or against Cerberus even...)
    -Paragon vs. Renegade options make very little real difference.
    -Cerberus suddenly has platoons of soldiers that look like something from Gears of War (I personally found this kind of jarring and un-Mass Effecty).
    -Subtle shift towards a more FPS style game (you could debate this one really).
    -I didn't really like the whole fist weapon thing... I mean melee weapons just seem silly in the ME universe (YMMV).
    -No direct confrontation with Harbinger, despite all the setup in ME2.

I mean, there are definitely GOOD things about ME3 - in my original playthrough Mordin sacrificed himself to end the genophage and it was such a well written death that even though he is possibly my favourite ME character, I felt okay about him dying. There were tears in my eyes when he started humming the song :O

And the dialogue with Matriarch Aethyta is one of the best dialogues I've ever had with any character in any game, ever. Tears of laughter that time.

That's the frustrating thing - the middle of the game, where you're catching up with characters from PREVIOUS Mass Effects, is so goddamn good. But the bad is so bad... it's a tragedy, it could've been a perfect game, if only the new elements were up to par with the old ones.
    THE FEEELLLLZZZZ

the one thing that did bother me and stuck out in ME3 was this

All the ME1 characters seemed to be designed to be ur love interests while all the ME2 characters were meant to die. I did not play ME1 so I had no ties to Liara, Ash, and others from ME1 who did not prove to be awesome in ME2. I found Liara to be very boring and I am pissed that I did not have a previous save when I accidentally hit the option for us to be lovers........... FUCK. TALI IS BETTER! I also feel all the ME2 characters were shown to be better written.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    The child is pointless itself. And the dreams fucking annoying.
    Are we supposed to believe that Shepard got PTSD from a child dying, when we can wipe out entire races and slaughter thousands? We witnesses worlds get destroyed and we have seen the horrors of intergalactic undeath.

No.
    Fuck that kid.
    Except he had plenty of time and ways to save that kid and thought he did..... but in the end he couldn't.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2014-07-13 at 01:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe this thread has become a discussion on whether or not we should allow piracy. It's illegal. Isn't discussing illegal things against the rules on MMOC?
    At least it is two people who can articulate an argument properly that are debating. Not the troll fest we normally get. I like the people in this thread because we aren't complete trolls to each other. And that we can have a decent conversation. We also tend to go way off topic quite a bit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Technically it creates matter via the mass effect field's "minifacturing" plant or something, I dimly recall.
    It uses a minature 3d printer to print a silicon carbide weapon that is suspended in a mass effect field so as not to burn or cut the user. Its the same way the flame throwers work, through manufacturing the gas, igniting it, and directing it with a mass effect field. I don't see what isn't real about that as 3d printers are starting to become main stream and the omni tool always contained a 3d printer.

- - - Updated - - -

Point three. Considering everything stated above, I have decided to play their game, and only if the game worth it, I'll consider buying it. If Bioware's games continue to include bad, lazy pieces of shit they tend to call "artistic-vision", then its their own fault. I don't want to support devs who don't want to make a quality product any more, sorry. That does not mean I don't want to play their games. Told you already, I want to punish devs for their attitude, and the only possible way to do it is with wallet. If I just won't play their games at all, I won't punish anyone but myself, which is obviously not my goal. Logic.
    So if the games are lazy pieces of shit why do you want to play them? You should have no problem not playing the games if you think so poorly of Bioware. I also believe playing a game that you find a lazy piece of shit is punishing your self. Otherwise it can't be a lazy piece of shit if you find enjoyment from playing it. That is of course if lazy piece of shit isn't being employed as a hyperbole.

This is why I called your standpoint hypocrisy, but never called you a thief burn in hell. Funny how every one who is pro piracy thinks every one who says something they don't agree with is calling others evil and deserving of burning in hell. On one hand you say you will only pay for the games if they are not lazy pieces of shit, but you'll still play the games even if they are lazy pieces of shit because you'll pirate them. Which is why it just becomes about the cost of the game and what you are willing to pay for the game.

Because you've already established you'll play the game regardless, you just won't pay for the game unless it meets a certain self defined requirement.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So if the games are lazy pieces of shit why do you want to play them? You should have no problem not playing the games if you think so poorly of Bioware. I also believe playing a game that you find a lazy piece of shit is punishing your self. Otherwise it can't be a lazy piece of shit if you find enjoyment from playing it. That is of course if lazy piece of shit isn't being employed as a hyperbole.
    Arrgh, I wonder if my English is so bad that obvious things are not obvious.

Imagine you buy a cake. It is gorgeous, looks tasty, smells tasty. You start eating it, it is awesome. You enjoy every moment you eat cake, until you suddenly find that in the vey middle of a cake a conditer baked a piece of shit. Shocked of that fact, you call conditer and ask what the hell. Conditer states that it is his artistic vision of baking a cake.
    You can ask: but why do I want to eat cake from that conditer after such accident? Because that conditer is well-known for his cakes, they are great, and never before he made cakes with a shit inside.
    So. You liked 90% of that particular cake. But you don't know if conditer adds a piece of shit in another cakes he bake. So now, when you want a cake, you cut it to see if its shitless or not, and only if it fits your ideals of a cake (has no shit in it), then you buy it. Simple as that.

Because you've already established you'll play the game regardless, you just won't pay for the game unless it meets a certain self defined requirement.
    Exactly this.

Anyway, back on topic. What's your favourite parts of the game? I completely adore Thessia's athmosphere, and the story told by Asari in a hospital on Citadel.
    Last edited by l33t; 2014-07-13 at 02:59 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    l33t, you don't have to justify your decision before anyone. It is a free world, you are entitled to do whatever you want.

That's the thing. It's one thing to make a crappy game/movie/TV show/whatever.

It's quite another to make you fall in love with it, and then utterly ruin it. THAT hurts.
    True that. I was happy with ME3 and still consider it to be the best game of all time. But games like WoW, SWTOR, Neverwinter Online or Doom 3 F!@KING HURT. Especially SWTOR: they promised to make both MMO fans and KOTOR fans happy, I bought their promises and was so excited about the game, I actually read their blogs, discussed it all with friends for a few years... Then this abomination of a game came out. Damn you Bioware, you should burn in hell for that alone!

Define "piracy". Copying copyrighted content and selling it to other people is illegal. Downloading a file from the Internet open sources (such as BitTorrent) for personal use is not illegal. Uploading copy-righted content in the Internet for everyone to download for free - this is the "grey zone" of the law, there are still debates among lawyers whether it is legal or not. But simply getting a Bioware game from the Internet, playing through it and then removing it is, while cheesy and hurting the developers, not technically illegal, and no one is going to sue you for it because you will easily win the trial. It is technically like borrowing your DVD to your friends so they could play it and give DVD back to you, only you are essentially borrowing it to many people at once. It is totally legal.

This is why I called your standpoint hypocrisy, but never called you a thief burn in hell. Funny how every one who is pro piracy thinks every one who says something they don't agree with is calling others evil and deserving of burning in hell. On one hand you say you will only pay for the games if they are not lazy pieces of shit, but you'll still play the games even if they are lazy pieces of shit because you'll pirate them. Which is why it just becomes about the cost of the game and what you are willing to pay for the game.

Dude, when you go to a demonstration against the current government, does it mean you hate your country? Or does it mean you love it and so want to do something to change it? This is l33t's form of protest to make his beloved company better by demonstrating his opinion to them this way. What can't you understand about that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I like the people in this thread because we aren't complete trolls to each other.

I know i'm not alone in this.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Dude, when you go to a demonstration against the current government, does it mean you hate your country? Or does it mean you love it and so want to do something to change it? This is l33t's form of protest to make his beloved company better by demonstrating his opinion to them this way. What can't you understand about that?
    A silent demonstration is worthless. They don't know about him. What he should be doing is buying the games that he likes so the numberguys start focusing on those.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2014-07-13 at 06:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    wait wait wait

Ash is transexual?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    wait wait wait

Ash is transexual?
    Well, she certainly looked like a guy the first time I saw her in ME1, but in ME3 she has become a sexy woman. So, yeah, I guess the events on Eden Prime changed her...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Bitch please, i am a God!
    Aeluron Lightsong doesn't die. He adapts and perserveres because he is the galaxy's hero that it deserves.(No TDK pun intended).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I mean shit, I'm still traumatised over losing _____ on Virmire.

I think the kid was supposed to symbolise all the loss of life... but really it could've been done better. Why not use Ash/Kaidan for that?
    Well...

That's one reason why there's the theory that the kid is a figment of Shepard's imagination - because it doesn't really make sense. After all the loss and destruction Shepard has seen, why be so traumatised by a single child he/she doesn't even know? Even Shepard knows it doesn't make sense, hense why he/she is shaken up by it and is reluctant to talk about it. And Shepard is the only person who even seems to notice the kid - Anderson makes no comment on who Shepard is talking to, none of the soldiers helping the evaculation help him up onto the shuttle despite it clearly being a struggle for him to climb up and none of the civilians help either. And only Shepard looks out of the rear hatch of the Normandy to see the shuttles explode, and somehow the kid's scream is louder the the Normandy's engines, the Reaper crushing through buildings and the explosions of the shuttles.

I mean even if you don't take it any further, its rather interesting. Most interesting thing of the entire intro mission, which is an utter bore otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Contrary to popular belief, it seems, only a small percentage of people actually hated the ending.
    But most either had one of two reactions:

1/ Huh. That's weird.

2/ It was okay.

Few people actually 'like' the ending. Some more like it post-EC, though I can't fathom why since it was dire and rushed and blatantly patronising.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce;28198740I mean consider this: instead of taking the form of the child that's been on Shep's mind all game, it takes the form of Anderson. Then as you talk it changes into the shape of [Ash/Kaiden
    , and all the other characters who have died during your playthrough of all three games, ending with the child. I mean, that gives you the same message (that the cost in human lives is weighing on Shep's soul) and echoes the voices in the dreams you've been having but avoids ambiguity over whether the child is an actual child, and also ties directly into the relationships you built and choices you made throughout the series.
    Problem there is it would be too obviously a trick, and would scream "Reapers are reading Shepard's mind in order to emotionally manipulate you".

Honestly I think if 'The Catalyst' (still dislike it being called that - Catalysts by their nature are unchanging ingredients that cause other things to change, and it claims to have been changed by the Crucible*) had appeared as a hologram of a Reaper, or as a non-descript holographic shape like Vigil in ME1, people would have stomached it all much better.

*Which leads me to think the Catalyst is actually Shepard, or a Shepard-like equivilent in each Cycle, a hero that completes the Crucible - another word for "great and difficult ordeal". And if Shepard changes his or her ideology on the path to victory then the power to use the Crucible fails. The Crucible only actually 'works' if Shepard commits to destroying the Reapers, the task it was designed to do, rather then trying to use the power in a way the Reapers desire.

But I digress. Too early in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Well...

That's one reason why there's the theory that the kid is a figment of Shepard's imagination - because it doesn't really make sense. After all the loss and destruction Shepard has seen, why be so traumatised by a single child he/she doesn't even know? Even Shepard knows it doesn't make sense, hense why he/she is shaken up by it and is reluctant to talk about it. And Shepard is the only person who even seems to notice the kid - Anderson makes no comment on who Shepard is talking to, none of the soldiers helping the evaculation help him up onto the shuttle despite it clearly being a struggle for him to climb up and none of the civilians help either. And only Shepard looks out of the rear hatch of the Normandy to see the shuttles explode, and somehow the kid's scream is louder the the Normandy's engines, the Reaper crushing through buildings and the explosions of the shuttles.
    Possibly because it's a child that he/she tried to save? It wasn't a full grown adult like what Shepard was use to killing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Possibly because it's a child that he/she tried to save? It wasn't a full grown adult like what Shepard was use to killing.
    Overly simplistic explaination. Plus millions of children get killed, yet this is the only one Shepard cares about? Nah.

Anyway, the whole thing surrounding that child is weird. The fact you didn't even address the rest of what I said suggests its not explainable in a 'rational' manner.

10+ Year Old Account

Point three. Considering everything stated above, I have decided to play their game, and only if the game worth it, I'll consider buying it. If Bioware's games continue to include bad, lazy pieces of shit they tend to call "artistic-vision", then its their own fault. I don't want to support devs who don't want to make a quality product any more, sorry. That does not mean I don't want to play their games. Told you already, I want to punish devs for their attitude, and the only possible way to do it is with wallet. If I just won't play their games at all, I won't punish anyone but myself, which is obviously not my goal. Logic.
    Translation: I find excuses to steal shit that I'm too much of a lameass to pay for.

If their games were so heart-wrenchingly bad, so terrible, you wouldn't play them at all. Instead you pull this 'well, if their games aren't what *I* consider good, I'll just pirate them and play them anyway for the lolz because I'd be punishing myself otherwise" argument out of your ass in a pathetic attempt to sound like you're taking the moral high ground. I guess I didn't realize refusing to play a 'shitty' game that isn't worth your precious money was punishing yourself.

Such a load of hypocritical bullshit.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Overly simplistic explaination. Plus millions of children get killed, yet this is the only one Shepard cares about? Nah.

Anyway, the whole thing surrounding that child is weird. The fact you didn't even address the rest of what I said suggests its not explainable in a 'rational' manner.
    Because it's honestly not 100% explainable, there's really only theories. But the kid has to mean something obviously to Shepard, whether it's just a figment of their imagination, or real.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    THE FEEELLLLZZZZ

the one thing that did bother me and stuck out in ME3 was this

All the ME1 characters seemed to be designed to be ur love interests while all the ME2 characters were meant to die. I did not play ME1 so I had no ties to Liara, Ash, and others from ME1 who did not prove to be awesome in ME2. I found Liara to be very boring and I am pissed that I did not have a previous save when I accidentally hit the option for us to be lovers........... FUCK. TALI IS BETTER! I also feel all the ME2 characters were shown to be better written.
    I distinctly remember being annoyed Tali wasn't an LI in ME1.

It uses a minature 3d printer to print a silicon carbide weapon that is suspended in a mass effect field so as not to burn or cut the user. Its the same way the flame throwers work, through manufacturing the gas, igniting it, and directing it with a mass effect field. I don't see what isn't real about that as 3d printers are starting to become main stream and the omni tool always contained a 3d printer.
    The blade's manufacturing is not the problem I have, more the idea of melee weapons in the ME universe at all.

Well, she certainly looked like a guy the first time I saw her in ME1, but in ME3 she has become a sexy woman. So, yeah, I guess the events on Eden Prime changed her...
    The female haircuts in ME1 were really horrible.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought it was supposed to represent all the innocent lives lost.

Though I didn't like it as a plot device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The blade's manufacturing is not the problem I have, more the idea of melee weapons in the ME universe at all.
    If you could have a melee weapon that weighs nothing attached to your arm, and would only be dangerous to those it was intended to harm, wouldn't you rather use that to kill a "zombie" in very close range (arms length) than try to use a 2.5 foot weapon you have to keep attached to your shoulder, and hope you can aim it properly in that short window of time before the enemy makes contact?

Greetings folks. It's come to my attention that there's been some ongoing discussion of piracy in this thread from multiple viewpoints. Just a friendly reminder, don't. Continuing that discussion will not end well, so let's keep posts on Mass Effect 3. Thanks.