1. #19501
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post
    I don't get the "fist" weapon in ME. I mean the omni-tool thing is just a hologram, it's not mater, so how the hell do you stab with it?
    Technically it creates matter via the mass effect field's "minifacturing" plant or something, I dimly recall.

    But like, while it's kind of an awesome idea that you could actually make a weapon out of that thing... I just don't like it. Seems wrong for Mass Effect, which always had an air of realism. As real as super advanced future sci fi can be anyway.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Would had been a golden opportunity to use a LI that died (like in the suicide mission).
    I agree, or even all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  2. #19502
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I agree, or even all of them.
    Shepard confronted by the spectres of those he lost, sacrifised or killed? (named mobs only ofc)
    That would be good.

  3. #19503
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Its also 3100 EMS for best ending with EC and 4100 without it.
    Oh I forgot, my other major complaint about ME3: ME2 had an awesome system where all the loyalty missions and choices you made affected the way the final mission played out. The EMS sounded like it would operate in a similar way, but when you actually finish the game all that happens is that invisibly, in the background the game checks IF EMS > ___ THEN Ending1 ELSE Ending2, which is far less sophisticated and rewarding.

    I would've at least liked to see a few scenes of some of the resources you collected in action in the final battle scenes. Like a half-second of each would be plenty, just an acknowledgement that "hey yeah all those missions for Aria helped because here you can see the Omega mercenaries charging into battle" or "those Elcor battle tanks are every bit as epic as they sound". That's all I needed, they didn't have to blow their cinematics budget on them all. But a single number... it's such a step backwards from ME2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  4. #19504
    Old God Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post
    I don't get the "fist" weapon in ME. I mean the omni-tool thing is just a hologram, it's not mater, so how the hell do you stab with it?
    Hard light.

  5. #19505
    Yeah, annoyed quite some by the kid (along with Thessia, but i believe i made my point twice about that already). Hated those dreams.

    This may or may not be a popular opinion but how i'd like the ending to go would pretty much be:
    The crucible works by the mind of the one that fires it, seeking out and destroying anything they percieve as an enemy (people who have read/watched Fairy Tail and seen the spell Fairy Law in use would understand).
    This would of course mean you can't choose what ending you want just near the end. It'd mean all your actions up til the end would decide who lives or dies. Did not cure the genophage? Krogans will be angry - percieved as enemies (or if you set off the bomb or Wrex is dead etc). Rachni queen killed? Rachni wiped out too. You could spend a lot of time in the game building up relations to the different races. Full asshole renegade shep = only humans survive? Or something.

    Just my random wish/idea for the ending, aside from wanting it to be remade from Thessia and onwards, as well as some sort of encounter with harbinger. Feel free to disagree :P

  6. #19506
    Official canon explanation:

    Although melee-combat applications for the omni-tool are almost as old as the device itself, the feature was largely unused prior to the Reaper invasion. The need to take on multiple husks in close quarters forced the Alliance to develop ways to enhance the tool's offensive capability.

    The most common melee design is the "omni-blade," a disposable silicon-carbide weapon flash-forged by the tool's mini-fabricator. The transparent, nearly diamond-hard blade is created and suspended in a mass effect field safely away from the user's skin. Warning lights illuminate the field so the searing-hot blade only burns what it is intended to: the opponent.
    http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Omni-tools

    I mean, it's not a HUGE leap from the established abilities of the omni-tool, but I just found the idea of running up to someone and stabbing them in a universe where we fire mini-mass accelerators at each other a tad ridiculous.

    Don't even get me started on Kai Leng's silly SUPER-KEWL-KATANA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  7. #19507
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Don't ever do it again, but I'll keep playing no matter what you actually do. That is hypocrisy. His statement is meaningless because his protest is only over the cost of the games, and not about the content. Since they are still willing to play and experience all of the content.
    But that is exactly what it boils down to. They don't like ME3 ending. So because they don't like that one game they are never going to buy a game from that company again and will pirate them. That is "I don't like a game from this company => I will pirate them" which you find crazy, and I'm saying is crazy. But am being told by you that I'm crazy for stating what you and I both agree on. Crazy.
    You are indeed a very strange person. I haven't said anywhere that I have a problem with prices. I am a grown adult, have nice job and get enough money to waste more that 100$ per month in Steam/etc buying games and stuff. I haven't said that I didin't like ME3 as a game, on the contrary I stated clearly that I loved like 90% of the game itself. The problem is, I don't like developers' attitude at all. I am a paying consumer; game devs gain their profits just because people like me buy their products. That said, if devs want to get my money, by no possible way should I get ignorant, abusive and stupid answers from developers when absolutely polite and nice questions asked. That is point one.

    Point two. As I said already, I got my heart literally broken by how dull, unimpressive, stupid and so on were the endings. Some people state that "blah blah its just 10% of the game blah blah, lol u r stupid". Yes, it is 10%, but that 10% totally broke my heart. I didn't play the whole line of ME games to just get that spit in my face, followed by even more spits in my face during the discussion at Bioware forums. Since 2008 I played ME games. I was totally bought by the way they make desicions from previous game develop the story in current game. I conserved my saves and replayed games over and over and over to see all the possible endings and plot twists. And all that just to get three-coloured nothing in the end? WTF? Are you even serious Bioware?

    Point three. Considering everything stated above, I have decided to play their game, and only if the game worth it, I'll consider buying it. If Bioware's games continue to include bad, lazy pieces of shit they tend to call "artistic-vision", then its their own fault. I don't want to support devs who don't want to make a quality product any more, sorry. That does not mean I don't want to play their games. Told you already, I want to punish devs for their attitude, and the only possible way to do it is with wallet. If I just won't play their games at all, I won't punish anyone but myself, which is obviously not my goal. Logic.

    And point four. Please spare me the crap of "oh my god you are a thief, burn in hell!" Is it ok to trick your customers into buying your product by overhyping them and giving false information and lies about the product? Definitely not. Is it ok to throw shit into customers who uncovered your lies about the product? No. Such attitude hurts gaming market as much as pirating does - well, maybe even more, since it pushes legal customers away, while those who pirate games still will do it no matter what. So, for me there would be no blind purchases of Bioware games anymore, because I don't trust the company any more. It is that simple, really.
    #savekarabor2014
    #orelseplayyourwodyourself

  8. #19508
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Point two. As I said already, I got my heart literally broken by how dull, unimpressive, stupid and so on were the endings.
    That's the thing. It's one thing to make a crappy game/movie/TV show/whatever.

    It's quite another to make you fall in love with it, and then utterly ruin it. THAT hurts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  9. #19509
    Herald of the Titans Muzual's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    足立さんの家に
    Posts
    2,898
    I can't believe this thread has become a discussion on whether or not we should allow piracy. It's illegal. Isn't discussing illegal things against the rules on MMOC?

    なんで自殺するのかな他の人殺せばいいのに

  10. #19510
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I can't believe this thread has become a discussion on whether or not we should allow piracy. It's illegal. Isn't discussing illegal things against the rules on MMOC?
    Why do you give a fuck? What do you stand to gain from it?

  11. #19511
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Well. I dunno. I don't think it was the starchild itself that was the problem.
    It is exactly the problem and I'm not talking about the visuals, fuck visuals. It's about what it represents and what it says. It was totally unexpected in a bad way. It was a lame explanation of what's going on and whatever ending you choose it does not solve the lame problem that started it all.

    If they couldn't come up with a good explanation - they shouldn't have given any - jsut let Shepard interact with a console of sorts and discover possible ways to defeat reapers - kill them along with all synthetics and EDI and herself or Assume Direct Control, dying in the process. And FUCK the reason for the cycles. It's better to not know it than to accept the shit Bioware came up with.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; Today at 12:38 PM.
    My Little Borg: Friendship is Irrelevant

  12. #19512
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    I will always live in Gilneas
    Posts
    15,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Honestly it's not just the ending, though the ending was the most unsatisfying part.

    Without going into a massive review - it was a big wobbly at the start, then FANTASTIC in the middle, then HORRIBLE at the end. Biggest let downs for me were:

    -The ending: even with the extended cut it still feels like an unworthy end to the game and especially the series.
    -The tone, especially at the start and end, crossed the line between dark and just downright depressing.
    -All the new characters are lame, especially compared to the older ones.
    -Kai Leng especially was a horrible character.
    -Vega was a lackluster crew member (in truth, after a VERY long time in the game I came around to him a bit... but still).
    -Although a lot of your previous decisions do impact the game, some of them were only in pretty trivial ways (eg, choosing to kill the Rachni Queen, choosing Morinth over Samara, siding with or against Cerberus even...)
    -Paragon vs. Renegade options make very little real difference.
    -Cerberus suddenly has platoons of soldiers that look like something from Gears of War (I personally found this kind of jarring and un-Mass Effecty).
    -Subtle shift towards a more FPS style game (you could debate this one really).
    -I didn't really like the whole fist weapon thing... I mean melee weapons just seem silly in the ME universe (YMMV).
    -No direct confrontation with Harbinger, despite all the setup in ME2.

    I mean, there are definitely GOOD things about ME3 - in my original playthrough Mordin sacrificed himself to end the genophage and it was such a well written death that even though he is possibly my favourite ME character, I felt okay about him dying. There were tears in my eyes when he started humming the song :O

    And the dialogue with Matriarch Aethyta is one of the best dialogues I've ever had with any character in any game, ever. Tears of laughter that time.

    That's the frustrating thing - the middle of the game, where you're catching up with characters from PREVIOUS Mass Effects, is so goddamn good. But the bad is so bad... it's a tragedy, it could've been a perfect game, if only the new elements were up to par with the old ones.
    THE FEEELLLLZZZZ


    the one thing that did bother me and stuck out in ME3 was this

    All the ME1 characters seemed to be designed to be ur love interests while all the ME2 characters were meant to die. I did not play ME1 so I had no ties to Liara, Ash, and others from ME1 who did not prove to be awesome in ME2. I found Liara to be very boring and I am pissed that I did not have a previous save when I accidentally hit the option for us to be lovers........... FUCK. TALI IS BETTER! I also feel all the ME2 characters were shown to be better written.

    - - - Updated - - -



    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    The child is pointless itself. And the dreams fucking annoying.
    Are we supposed to believe that Shepard got PTSD from a child dying, when we can wipe out entire races and slaughter thousands? We witnesses worlds get destroyed and we have seen the horrors of intergalactic undeath.

    No.
    Fuck that kid.
    Except he had plenty of time and ways to save that kid and thought he did..... but in the end he couldn't.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; Today at 01:09 PM.

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  13. #19513
    Mechagnome Nazrark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    631
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I can't believe this thread has become a discussion on whether or not we should allow piracy. It's illegal. Isn't discussing illegal things against the rules on MMOC?
    At least it is two people who can articulate an argument properly that are debating. Not the troll fest we normally get. I like the people in this thread because we aren't complete trolls to each other. And that we can have a decent conversation. We also tend to go way off topic quite a bit.

    Origin & LoL Username: Vaklaruush
    Friend Code: 0173 2722 8584

  14. #19514
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Technically it creates matter via the mass effect field's "minifacturing" plant or something, I dimly recall.
    It uses a minature 3d printer to print a silicon carbide weapon that is suspended in a mass effect field so as not to burn or cut the user. Its the same way the flame throwers work, through manufacturing the gas, igniting it, and directing it with a mass effect field. I don't see what isn't real about that as 3d printers are starting to become main stream and the omni tool always contained a 3d printer.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Point three. Considering everything stated above, I have decided to play their game, and only if the game worth it, I'll consider buying it. If Bioware's games continue to include bad, lazy pieces of shit they tend to call "artistic-vision", then its their own fault. I don't want to support devs who don't want to make a quality product any more, sorry. That does not mean I don't want to play their games. Told you already, I want to punish devs for their attitude, and the only possible way to do it is with wallet. If I just won't play their games at all, I won't punish anyone but myself, which is obviously not my goal. Logic.
    So if the games are lazy pieces of shit why do you want to play them? You should have no problem not playing the games if you think so poorly of Bioware. I also believe playing a game that you find a lazy piece of shit is punishing your self. Otherwise it can't be a lazy piece of shit if you find enjoyment from playing it. That is of course if lazy piece of shit isn't being employed as a hyperbole.

    This is why I called your standpoint hypocrisy, but never called you a thief burn in hell. Funny how every one who is pro piracy thinks every one who says something they don't agree with is calling others evil and deserving of burning in hell. On one hand you say you will only pay for the games if they are not lazy pieces of shit, but you'll still play the games even if they are lazy pieces of shit because you'll pirate them. Which is why it just becomes about the cost of the game and what you are willing to pay for the game.

    Because you've already established you'll play the game regardless, you just won't pay for the game unless it meets a certain self defined requirement.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  15. #19515
    Herald of the Titans Muzual's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    足立さんの家に
    Posts
    2,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    At least it is two people who can articulate an argument properly that are debating. Not the troll fest we normally get. I like the people in this thread because we aren't complete trolls to each other. And that we can have a decent conversation. We also tend to go way off topic quite a bit.
    I suppose if we didn't have so many off topic discussions this thread would be gone I should be thankful

    なんで自殺するのかな他の人殺せばいいのに

  16. #19516
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So if the games are lazy pieces of shit why do you want to play them? You should have no problem not playing the games if you think so poorly of Bioware. I also believe playing a game that you find a lazy piece of shit is punishing your self. Otherwise it can't be a lazy piece of shit if you find enjoyment from playing it. That is of course if lazy piece of shit isn't being employed as a hyperbole.
    Arrgh, I wonder if my English is so bad that obvious things are not obvious.

    Imagine you buy a cake. It is gorgeous, looks tasty, smells tasty. You start eating it, it is awesome. You enjoy every moment you eat cake, until you suddenly find that in the vey middle of a cake a conditer baked a piece of shit. Shocked of that fact, you call conditer and ask what the hell. Conditer states that it is his artistic vision of baking a cake.
    You can ask: but why do I want to eat cake from that conditer after such accident? Because that conditer is well-known for his cakes, they are great, and never before he made cakes with a shit inside.
    So. You liked 90% of that particular cake. But you don't know if conditer adds a piece of shit in another cakes he bake. So now, when you want a cake, you cut it to see if its shitless or not, and only if it fits your ideals of a cake (has no shit in it), then you buy it. Simple as that.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Because you've already established you'll play the game regardless, you just won't pay for the game unless it meets a certain self defined requirement.
    Exactly this.


    Anyway, back on topic. What's your favourite parts of the game? I completely adore Thessia's athmosphere, and the story told by Asari in a hospital on Citadel.
    Last edited by l33t; Today at 02:59 PM.
    #savekarabor2014
    #orelseplayyourwodyourself

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •