Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    True, I keep forgetting that :P They were fairly samey in feel, but the SR-2 was much larger after all.
    Btw, who else found the Cerberus edition SR-2 much better designed than the alliance SR-2?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Because having good characters and a engaging story and meaningful and well implemented mechanics is bad now? ;D
    Some people want borderlands mass effect edition in here, why i will never understand. Bioware should just stick to what they are good at.

Deleted
    I liked some parts of the Cerberus SR-2 more, mostly that it felt tidier. But the Alliance SR-2 had its perks too (I really liked the war room and the fact that they actually used almost the whole ship) I just wish they'd have picked up the damn boxes lying everywhere by the end of the game :P

10+ Year Old Account
    The boxes are for tactical combat if your ship is ever invaded again. Shepard loves the box as much as he loves his space hamster.

Deleted
    You know, ridiculous as that sounds, I would not be completely surprised if they actually DID leave a bunch of boxes lying around specifically to be used as cover in case of being boarded again

10+ Year Old Account
    Because having good characters and a engaging story and meaningful and well implemented mechanics is bad now? ;D
    No, but recycling the same model over and over gets tedious. We already have Baldur's Gate series, Planescape: Torment, Neverwinter Nights series, KotoR series, Mass Effect series, Jade Empire and first two Dragon Age series, all essentially having the same model, just different implementations. Isn't it the time for something new finally? I would prefer they do it not with the ongoing series but with their following series, leaving the classical series the way they were - but, anyway, as much as I love this type of games, we have more than enough of them already - time to move on!

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Some people want borderlands mass effect edition in here, why i will never understand. Bioware should just stick to what they are good at.
    I don't think it is up to you to decide what Bioware should do. Sticking to the same model means stagnation. We got to this point in gaming not because people kept making the same games as before (Tetris and such), but because the developers actually experimented with new ideas. If people always did only what they were good at, then we would still be living in caves. It is going out of comfort zone, doing something you haven't mastered yet, that develops you.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    DA3 was a fuck up?

That's news to me. Both my Inquisitors would like a word with you . . .
    Compared to Origins is a major fuck up. But then there are people who say DA2 was a success.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going in a new direction doesn't mean its better just cause its new, but i suppose the aimed for demographic is the skyrim crowd by now that wants games that are a mile wide and an inch deep.

Deleted
    the skyrim crowd by now that wants games that are a mile wide and an inch deep.
    I so like this phrase that I would frame it and put it in my living room for everyone to see.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    No, but recycling the same model over and over gets tedious. We already have Baldur's Gate series, Planescape: Torment, Neverwinter Nights series, KotoR series, Mass Effect series, Jade Empire and first two Dragon Age series, all essentially having the same model, just different implementations. Isn't it the time for something new finally? I would prefer they do it not with the ongoing series but with their following series, leaving the classical series the way they were - but, anyway, as much as I love this type of games, we have more than enough of them already - time to move on!
    What should Bioware move to? Please explain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw, who else found the Cerberus edition SR-2 much better designed than the alliance SR-2?
    I like the inside of the Cerberus one the best, but the outside of the Alliance one the best.
    Putin khuliyo

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I like the inside of the Cerberus one the best, but the outside of the Alliance one the best.
    The only difference being the paint job?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The only difference being the paint job?
    Yeah, I prefer the blue to the yellow
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Going in a new direction doesn't mean its better just cause its new, but i suppose the aimed for demographic is the skyrim crowd by now that wants games that are a mile wide and an inch deep.
    Not saying about "better", I was talking about experimentation with new game models. Whether SWTOR or DAI were letdowns or not, up to every player to decide, but I only welcome Bioware trying themselves in new game types. Blizzard, for example, trying themselves in MMO genre at the time revolutionized the entire genre. Bioware might hit similar success as well, as long as they keep trying.

What should Bioware move to? Please explain.
    Not to me to decide. But I think they need to open themselves to new genres, not just recycle same old Baldur's Gate once a year, and that's exactly what they've been doing recently.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Not to me to decide. But I think they need to open themselves to new genres, not just recycle same old Baldur's Gate once a year, and that's exactly what they've been doing recently.
    So, ME4 should be a TCG like magic? Or a shooter like CoD? Or a RTS like SC2? Or a dungeon crawler? Because otherwise I don't understand your statement. They changed the gameplay mechanics pretty drastic between Baldur's Gate or Neverwinter Nights and Mass Effect. And DA:O plays very also different. Otherwise the story and characters of DA:I or ME3 are as standard as it gets - basically the same story/characters Bioware used forever.

ME3 and DA:I are not critized for a standard bioware story. They are critized for other things - mainly the laziness of the devs and the half assed implementation of game mechanics. And I don't know that the change there to more laziness" is that good at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, ME4 should be a TCG like magic? Or a shooter like CoD? Or a RTS like SC2? Or a dungeon crawler? Because otherwise I don't understand your statement. They changed the gameplay mechanics pretty drastic between Baldur's Gate or Neverwinter Nights and Mass Effect. And DA:O plays very also different. Otherwise the story and characters of DA:I or ME3 are as standard as it gets - basically the same story/characters Bioware used forever.

ME3 and DA:I are not critized for a standard bioware story. They are critized for other things - mainly the laziness of the devs and the half assed implementation of game mechanics. And I don't know that the change there to more laziness" is that good at all.
    I'd prefer it if they kept the ongoing series intact and experimented with new franchises. That said, if they can make a good TCG Mass Effect game, I would only welcome it, we don't have any story-based TCG games today (except for Etherlords 2, but the story is just a small part of that game). Because so far they have been following the same game model: a protagonist is set off to save the world or a part of it from some evil, on the way he/she meets a few companions, does some quests in small locations and ultimately wins in some way. DAI offers openworldness, something that has never been in Bioware games (Baldur's Gate 1 was, pretty much, as close to an open world game as they've every gotten, but it is still far away from even semi-openworld games like Kingdoms of Amalur).

As for the laziness, I can't comment on that since I haven't noticed any. I have noticed though that the toxicity in gaming community today is higher than ever and, pretty much, any decision any developer makes will lead to complaints. It is enough just to read the WoW General subforum here where 4 posts out of 5 are of the like, "OMG, my pally's ability was nerfed? Blizzard fucked up the game again".

I secretly miss the old good days when people played simplest games like Doom 2 or Age of Empires and genuinely enjoyed them. Now, no matter how complicated and polished a game is, people will always find something to hate on.
    Last edited by May90; 2014-12-27 at 09:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Word View Post
    Compared to Origins is a major fuck up. But then there are people who say DA2 was a success.
    Don't try to fool anyone, Origins was average at best but people overrate it because "muh selfinsert". As halfassed as DA:I is, it's still leagues above DA:O.
    Bad combat, Oblivion-style of talking to people while staring into their souls, boring plot that forgot itself until the last mission, random pointlessly boring sidemissions, aged inventory system cluttered with way too much shit that only exists to slow you down - and then some.
    DA:O had a lot of faults, no masterpiece. DA:I is the improved form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Don't try to fool anyone, Origins was average at best but people overrate it because "muh selfinsert". As halfassed as DA:I is, it's still leagues above DA:O.
    Bad combat, Oblivion-style of talking to people while staring into their souls, boring plot that forgot itself until the last mission, random pointlessly boring sidemissions, aged inventory system cluttered with way too much shit that only exists to slow you down - and then some.
    DA:O had a lot of faults, no masterpiece. DA:I is the improved form.
    Whatever you do, do not go anywhere near D&D cRPG's if you think that about DA:O.

Deleted
    Whatever you do, do not go anywhere near D&D cRPG's if you think that about DA:O.
    Ha, I thought about the same.
    @ Gravath: Just because a game uses a more slow-paced, tactical approach to combat than others doesn't make it a "bad" combat. In fact, there are a lot of people (including myself) who prefer that. Though Origin doesn't go as much into depth as some older classical cRPGs, it is in my opinion still a lot better in that regard than many modern RPGs (which are mostly aRPGs).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    Ha, I thought about the same.
    @ Gravath: Just because a game uses a more slow-paced, tactical approach to combat than others doesn't make it a "bad" combat. In fact, there are a lot of people (including myself) who prefer that. Though Origin doesn't go as much into depth as some older classical cRPGs, it is in my opinion still a lot better in that regard than many modern RPGs (which are mostly aRPGs).
    The animations were boring and lazy, the mechanics were boring and lazy, the tactical part was the only good thing, and you must understand that the people who prefer tactical combat are such a niche that it's not worth bothering just for them tbh.

And yeah combat wise both DA2 and DA:I were improvements in every aspect other than tactical.