Sorry, but this is the worst argument I've ever heard. Of course there is no proof, they haven't hidden from Reapers for millions years only to reveal themselves to some random organic. What kind of proof would you expect?
    Or you know. Since the reapers genocided them they're almost extinct and as such only a few remain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    snip
    You are bringing the subjective factor to the processes that don't have one (popular mistake in this thread, it seems). Nature, physics, cosmos don't care about your definitions of "controlled" or "uncontrolled" process. Radiation is radiation, and process is process, no matter who controls it - humans are just as much controlled by biology and physics as anything else, so for the DNA chain it doesn't matter who pulls the trigger. And if humans can affect DNA with a certain radiation signature, then I fail to see why a device created by much more advanced species can't. If you read the article I linked, you will learn that one of the ways of creating GMO crops is radiating them entirely with a certain frequency line - now, it doesn't affect DNA directly (at least, not in the first generation), but it does affect other mini-organisms (cells, for example), and DNA is just a set of mini-organisms and just as much can be affected by radiation positively.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Or you know. Since the reapers genocided them they're almost extinct and as such only a few remain.
    How does "only a few" equal three?
    Last edited by May90; 2015-01-23 at 05:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

due to lack of any decent sci-fi rpg out there, I'm back for another playthrough here

I really wish we would get some kind of ME4 news. DA:I has been out for a while now, time for Bioware to move on to their masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    due to lack of any decent sci-fi rpg out there, I'm back for another playthrough here

I really wish we would get some kind of ME4 news. DA:I has been out for a while now, time for Bioware to move on to their masterpiece.
    BioWare appears to have some presence at PAX South last I heard. Perhaps we'll get some teasers?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    time for Bioware to move on to their masterpiece.
    Remember when people thought that DA:I was going to be their masterpiece?

Personally I thought dai was pretty damned good.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    DA:I is not a bad game in itself but it certainly wasn't what a fair bit of people expected from Bioware.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    well I really enjoyed it

but I mean Mass Effect as a whole as their masterpiece. It is the best IP that BioWare has.

7 years, and I never knew you could move around during decontamination when entering the Normandy in the first game.

Deleted
    You people really need to get the habit of challenging any and all bounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    7 years, and I never knew you could move around during decontamination when entering the Normandy in the first game.
    When I first played Mass Effect, I had a very-very poor computer, and decontamination sometimes took over a minute, as opposed to 5 seconds with an SSD nowadays. I just had to pass time somehow, so moving around in weird figures was my everyday activity.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Three years. It's been three years.

Deleted
    Time for ME4 that means. You know I had a nightmare the other day where I read an article about the release date of ME4 and it was going to launch in November 2016. I seriously hope that it's not going to be late 2016 but rather very early 2016. Sadly 2015 is unrealistic because that would be best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping for news on Mass Effect 4 soon. DA:I is pretty much out of the way now except for post release DLC.

Deleted
    Thinking about it makes even 2016 sound unrealistic because we know jackshit about how far they are into development. We could look at a 2017 release because they could still have tons of stuff to do. Who knows without any infos?

They should totally focus on giving us some updates on ME4 with DA:I out of the way (apart from DLC stuff).

To be quite honest, late 2016 doesn't sound totally wrong to me. We haven't seen anything other than that one video at last year's E3 and that Mako clip. The game hasn't even been officially announced yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    Thinking about it makes even 2016 sound unrealistic because we know jackshit about how far they are into development. We could look at a 2017 release because they could still have tons of stuff to do. Who knows without any infos?

They should totally focus on giving us some updates on ME4 with DA:I out of the way (apart from DLC stuff).
    Well, with ME3, we received first gameplay video, I think, about 4-5 months before the release? I wouldn't be so skeptical: agree with Nerraw, late 2016 is not that unlikely, although I would bet on early 2017.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll be fine whenever it comes out in all reality. I am just wondering when we get DA:I DLC.

I still maintain we are an exploratory regiment of the Alliance Navy surveying new worlds looking for new places to inhabit and mine. Since let's be honest, Earth is a disaster zone and most previous inhabitable worlds are a complete wreck as well. It would be easier to salvage what we could and start migrating to new planets.

We encounter a new species, find out they are a xenophobic empire and start a proxy war with them. All of this is done without using Mass Relays.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    All of this is done without using Mass Relays.
    That would require some massive research into FTL. Regular FTL has been neglected by most after their species discovered their respective mass relays. It is of course used to get around in clusters but it's useless for any really long travels.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would require some massive research into FTL. Regular FTL has been neglected by most after their species discovered their respective mass relays. It is of course used to get around in clusters but it's useless for any really long travels.
    Yet such an empire that has spawned because of the lack of a relay could help them out in that sense. As it stands, current exploration is Send a Probe, Wait for Data Relay for Planetary Objects, Send a Survey Team, Make Several Stops to Discharge the FTL Drive, Determine if the Planet is Suitable for Habitation or Mining, Send Data Back, Send Colonizing Efforts.

I think the dependence on Mass Relay tech may have sent them a message. It's quite frightening actually how much technology had stagnated for the Citadel races. Only the recent arrival of Humans had given the industry it's push. The majority of military technology remained the same for the past thousand years. Dreadnoughts that Humans built were equivalent to their Turian and Asari counterparts. The Normandy was the first brand new ship design in a long time.

Edit: That moment when I realize that I've hit Trekkie levels of nerd when it comes to Mass Effect.
    Last edited by Nazrark; 2015-03-07 at 07:47 PM.