Building a gaming PC

Im working on building a gaming pc and next I need to get a motherboard and processor. I don't know what my budget is yet well its not low and its also not super high, i'd say in the $350 range. If you guys could help me out and link me some good motherboards and processors that will give me good results for gaming it would be very much appreciated.

Deleted
    Intel i7 2600k for ur processor

Quote Originally Posted by nioruph View Post
    Intel i7 2600k for ur processor
    i5-2500K gives far better value for money in gaming use. It's also $100 cheaper.

AsRock Z68 motherboards have great value for money if you want to look at the lower end of price range, for lot more features Asus P8Z68-V Pro is popular choice.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Considering you're saying $350 I will assume you are American or Canadian. With that in mind I will use Newegg for my suggestions, however should you be living in another country please let me know so I can source an international website.

Intel i5 2500k 3.3Ghz Quad Core Socket 1155 $229.99
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 Intel Socket 1155 Motherboard $121.99

That'll set you back around $352 however if you wish to spend less let me know. There is a variable shmorgishborg of CPU's and motherboards available.

The processor is good but I don't think i need a motherboard that good lol btw I do live in the USA

---------- Post added 2012-02-01 at 05:24 PM ----------

nvm, i think i might get those 2 also, if i were to get a case would it matter what case i got or would the motherboard fit in most cases and a 600W PSU should be good for all of that right?

15+ Year Old Account
    600w is fine with 1 graphics card as long as it's not a top-of-the-line

pretty much any mid-tower or full-tower case will fit a standard size motherboard such as the extreme3
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post

pretty much any mid-tower or full-tower case will fit a standard size motherboard such as the extreme3
    http://images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph5314/43375.png

Huh? I'm pretty sure 600W is easily enough for any one graphics card setup. (Excluding dual GPU cards. And maybe even some dual GPU cards. I think system draw for a 590 is something like 550W.)

Edit: Damn, I'm good. I was within 4 W of the 590 without looking at that chart.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115077

Core i3 will run any modern game as max settings just fine. You don't need anything more expensive. In fact the core i3 keeps up with core i5 because it has hyper threading and core i5 doesn't.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128527

If you pick that core i3 you don't need overclocking. It's fast enough by itself. You don't need 6GB download speed unless you pay extra per month for a faster upgraded internet connection and usb 2.0 is fine.

This setup saves you far more than others.

---------- Post added 2012-02-01 at 06:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post

Actually according to neweggs PSU wattage calculator you only need like 380 watts to run a core i3 and GTS450 or Radeon 6770. 600 is way over kill.

You sure i'll be able to play most games with that? cause right now i have a AMD Athlon II X2 215 2.70GHz in my one computer and when i play WoW even in the cities it takes up like 80% of my processor. If it will be a lot better i'll buy it for sure, it would be nice to save some cash but i dont wanna get it and have it not much better then what i got now. btw my graphics card is a radeon 6870 just throwing that out there.
    Last edited by Last Attempt; 2012-02-02 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charecters View Post
    You sure i'll be able to play most games with that? cause right now i have a AMD Athlon II X2 215 2.70GHz in my one computer and when i play WoW even in the cities it takes up like 80% of my processor. If it will be a lot better i'll buy it for sure, it would be nice to save some cash but i dont wanna get it and have it not much better then what i got now. btw my graphics card is a radeon 6870 just throwing that out there.
    Yes I am 100% sure. A core i3 with hyperthreading and a Radeon 6770 will do plenty fine playing all modern games from lowest graphic detail games to the highest with settings maxed out.