Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I make decent amount of money by cutting and selling WoTLK gems still, all scarlet and cardinal rubies, solid blues and all epic cuts

Quote Originally Posted by Solorian750 View Post
    on 90% of servers the 40 str 40 agi and 40 int gems are selling for over 400g each and have stayed that way since 4.3 dropped, so id suggest only undercutting by a copper or two on those and they will sell
    Not sure where you get the 90% thing from. My alliance server is medium population with rubies going for around 220g, my horde server is high population with rubies also around 220g.

Diversifying is a big part of gold making. But for the past several years ive been making a very good chuck of gold selling rare or no longer in the game profession recipes. Examples: Thislte Tea bought 50g sold 175,000. But it is a very very niche market along with needing a lot of patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecuno View Post
    Diversifying is a big part of gold making. But for the past several years ive been making a very good chuck of gold selling rare or no longer in the game profession recipes. Examples: Thislte Tea bought 50g sold 175,000. But it is a very very niche market along with needing a lot of patience.
    C'mon, 175,000 gold for a useless recipe?

Personally, the ways of the AH are as such.

Start out at lets see, 500g gold? Alright.

Some good things are the IDIOTS who buy enchanting scroll's for 300-400g when mats are worth between 10-120gold (You can see the profit margin) NOTE: Do NOT flood the AH with like 20 scrolls of this, keep your cards close to the chest, 3-4 will do whilst you dip into an other auction.

By using something simple like this, you're gold will start to accumulate. - A tip i found helpful is to have a bankalt, i had a nasty habit of spending gold somehow on my main when i stored it on there.

Now, your gold is accumulating. You can dip into bigger markets, such as maybe Epic gem retail - Purple gems. Bout 200-300g uncut on my server, sell for around 600-700g cut. Simple and effective. If you're not a JC, that's fine, just find some mooch who will do it for a small tip. Whatever you do, don't get the obsolete gem that no-one wants/everyone is selling. Be creative.

And again, gold's increasing and increasing.

Now, you can try something such as creating the BOE 397 legs/wrists. Mats are worth about 2-3k less than what they actually sell for.

Example: Unstoppable Destroyer's Legplates. 12-14k mats on my server, 18-19k retail. With AH cut thats 4k profit.

Again, accumulating more and more. It's really just a step by step process.

Eventually you can get to merchant Crimson Deathchargers or Vial of Sands etc etc

10+ Year Old Account
    JC is very profitable during the release of a new raid, particularly if you are on a high pop server. The selling of end-game level mats is not that profitable past the first few weeks into a new patch. Do look for niche markets. You can use your mining and JCing to take over old world gems, for instance. My server has a high alt population, so when you're the only seller of a gem that every single JC alt needs to level, well you can mark up the price highly.

Also, the underminejournal rules, check it out.

It also helps to post at times when your competitors don't. Over time you learn who keeps on posting all the time and you also learn when in the day they post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by senshu View Post
    Profession collectors, those that just have to have every recipe in the game for their profession, will pay large sums of gold for extremely rare items. The Thistle Tea recipe was no longer obtainable as of quite a while ago. So the few that still exist in the game are extremely rare and valuable.

There are other items like that. I fairly regularly buy up rare items for 100g or less per and sell them for 1000% or more profit. You just have to know what items to watch for and understand their pricing potential. Since you buy items like these for relatively cheap, the risk is minimal. You just have to be prepared to wait patiently for the item to sell. It can sometimes take weeks, if not a few months, but it will sell eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by senshu View Post
    While I do not have that sort of budget I would happily pay a tonne for the only cooking recipe I do not have yet.
    For 50g ? Jealous as hell.

Deleted
    JC and enchant are the best

wts recipe:muloc fin soup