Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    more than half their subs are in china, and that is pretty much the deal there as I wrote - all you have to do to be counted as a sub is log in in the last 30 days....
    In China they don't have subs. In China they pay by the hour in game palors (like buying hot spot wireless time).

Besides, US players (and EU players for that matter) don't play with them.

What counts for each region is who plays with who, as MMOs need the numbers to be even operate (groups/raids can't occur without enough players).

Subs sink in the US (or the EU) enough, game play becomes affected.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

When does this report come out anyways? I'm interested in the numbers
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    In China they don't have subs. In China they pay by the hour in game palors (like buying hot spot wireless time).

Besides, US players (and EU players for that matter) don't play with them.

What counts for each region is who plays with who, as MMOs need the numbers to be even operate (groups/raids can't occur without enough players).

Subs sink in the US (or the EU) enough, game play becomes affected.
    If you look at the worldwide wow sub number, I promise you they are including players in china in that number by the criteria I describe above, and they call them SUBS, and they spell out very clearly what they define that as in china.

for the record, I believe that as of sept 30th wow had approx 4-4.25m western subs, depending on how much they get in value-added services per sub.

I think baseline mmo non-deferred revenue for q4 would be 265m if they neither lost nor gained a sub anywhere in the world, nor had spike in annual pass prepays. backing out the annual pass prepays may be possible from the deferred revenue line change from norm (going to use -6m as a normal deferred amount, and back out anything above it), and the remainder should show the trend in western subs. For revenue purposes I value a western sub as worth the same as 7 china subs.

follow back the reply thread and I think you will see what I was replying to. You are mostly repeating my own arguments about how the worldwide sub number is meaningless in every single way for members of this forum, but try reading the question I was asked.

So yes, I really do understand that netease is probably only 40-45m revenue quarterly for blizzard for wow.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2012-02-09 at 05:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Don't they include the Chinese players though? I would've thought they would, since they're active players.

If I waited for the forth report in a row where they lost subscribers from their lions share of income I'd just as well hang onto it until after their release cluster. After sales peaked for the their biggest cluster of games then I'd sell and not look back. Their release schedule was leaked which is great intel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascend View Post
    So where's the sauce? Go on, post it and I'll believe you.
    I did read something of their being 2million~ copies of the game sold, but I didn't think it was entirely credible.
    the sauce? the thing you put on steaks? i suppose you mean the source, well in that case http://www.vg247.com/2012/02/01/ea-q...million-units/ for one

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megavolt View Post
    Wow, if he really did sell half of his stocks that's a horrible, frightening sign...

You usually see stuff like that when there is no hope for a company.
    Actually it isn't really.

Alot of people who hold shares in a company don't just keep their shares for all of time, they sometimes sell them while high and then buy them again at a lower value thus making a nice profit for like nothing.

For example : ( using easy small numbers. )

-BK sold his shares not that long ago for £/$ 10 .
    -Blizzard has a slight / huge sub loss stocks drop.
    -BK can then buy back his shares for £/$ 5 .
    -Blizzard releases D3 / Starcraft exp / MoP .
    -Blizzard stock rises due to these sales / sub increases for new titles.
    -Bk's shares are now worth £/$ 20.

In this process he basicly made £/$ 15 on his shares as he bought them back at a cheaper rate plus the share increase. Who knows maybe he will sell them again at the next peak to again make another quick buck.

People forget companies / stock markets are no static thing, they are constantly fluctuating and because of this that is why people make or break so much money.

Or maybe Blizz really is falling apart inside and BK wanted to get as much money together before it became public... I highly doubt that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaneras Blue Post
    That thread is one that we are monitoring continuously for feedback, and those who wish to get their voice heard on this topic will certainly get their wish granted if they post in said thread.

We acknowledge that this is a very important topic for those of you playing on realms with low population, and it is an important topic for us as well. We are looking into ways to improve the situation, but as we mentioned in the thread linked to by Danellos above, there is no simple and easy fix to this.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3313065321
    Interesting thread going on the Official Forums about low population servers. A blue post so close to the earnings call. Mergers inc?
    Last edited by bcbully; 2012-02-09 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bcbully View Post

Interest thread going on the Official Forums about low population servers. A blue post so close to the earnings call. Mergers inc?
    It's bad PR, but it's the lesser of two evils IMO. At least WoW has plenty of cross realm stuff, when ToR gets into that place it'll have no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Udderpowered View Post
    It's bad PR, but it's the lesser of two evils IMO. At least WoW has plenty of cross realm stuff, when ToR gets into that place it'll have no choice.
    Well of course if swtor stays that way. Some days I hate that game others I'm utterly in love.

OT - I haven't heard such a strong response to the issue by Blizzard before, and to now have this on this big day is intriguing.

Deleted
    So at what hour in central europe time will those numbers appear?

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    I would think around 30 mins from now. I think you can watch from here.
    http://investor.activision.com/events.cfm

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pacific time, isn't it?

Deleted
    thank you for info

Should start around 21.30 CET if the difference is 8 hrs.
    "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell!"

WoW leveling/heroic/LFR difficulty in one line of code:
    do {press (AnyKey)} until MobHealth=0;

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    PT = GMT-8

England = GMT
    Most of Europe = GMT+1
    Finland etc = GMT+2

The conference is at 1.30PM PT, right now it is 10:04AM PT, so in 3,5 hours. Which is 9:30PM in England, 10:30PM in most of Europe and 11:30PM in Finland and some other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulli View Post
    Should start around 21.30 CET if the difference is 8 hrs.
    Remember that CET = GMT/UTC +1, so the difference is 9 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    after 4pm eastern market close I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    after 4pm eastern market close I think.
    ....I made a sandwich and everything....

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let me put it this way, we have about another 3:15 until the **** hits the fan.

That's 3 hours, not 3 minutes.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Last call for estimation of losses/gains!