Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Last call for estimation of losses/gains!
    Small loss, about 100k as a guess. I think it will settle down for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am coming back here to gloat when Subs Rise
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Deleted
    With the annual pass being a big success and the success of 4.3 i bet on a slight gain in player numbers for Q4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    I am coming back here to gloat when Subs Rise
    And if they don't?

They already killed the scroll of resurrection because people could come back and get everything done (including the last boss of the expansion) on the free month.

I'm predicting bigger losses than last quarter. I hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    With the annual pass being a big success and the success of 4.3 i bet on a slight gain in player numbers for Q4.
    this would be the worst news to hear.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Udderpowered View Post
    Small loss, about 100k as a guess. I think it will settle down for a while.
    Indeed. You've got kids off for break, a new patch, and a lot of new stuff. Plus the MoP hype starting, which will drag in older and newer players who wonder what MoP will be like. But I expect around 100-300k lost this quarter.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wildemu View Post
    this would be the worst news to hear.
    Why would it be the worst?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Indeed. You've got kids off for break, a new patch, and a lot of new stuff. Plus the MoP hype starting, which will drag in older and newer players who wonder what MoP will be like. But I expect around 100-300k lost this quarter.
    People shouldn't be worried about this quarter's losses, it's really next quarter's they should be concerned with.

Deleted
    I resubbed after I decided swtor wasn't the game for me, this after having been unsubbed for 10 months. I assume there are more people like me.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Why would it be the worst?
    because then they would think current model and state of the game is acceptable.

because then they would think current model and state of the game is acceptable.
    Blizzard don't base their decisions on their quarterly reports... lol

10+ Year Old Account
    blizzard already sees the trend in q1, if it is as I and other expect, they won't be under any illusions about western sub action in q4 being indicative of the trend reversing.

Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    Blizzard don't base their decisions on their quarterly reports... lol
    Bribing people into subscribing for a year with a free Diablo 3 and beta testing had nothing to do with the big losses in the report shortly before?

Quote Originally Posted by Udderpowered View Post
    Bribing people into subscribing for a year with a free Diablo 3 and beta testing had nothing to do with the big losses in the report shortly before?
    I think they meant Blizzard have a lot more ways of gathering data than just looking at summary every 3 months, especially as the "model and state of the game" was probably referring to things we do whilst logged in rather than special offers etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    People shouldn't be worried about this quarter's losses, it's really next quarter's they should be concerned with.
    next quarter losses are not a problem since every expansion saw a big dip in the subscriptions in the last period before the next xpac.
    subs will go up again with mop.

If all the expert economists, investors and game designers on mmo-champ actually applied their brilliance elsewhere I feel like the economy would fix itself based off AAA game sales alone. Alas, forums are a much better use of their obviously ample talents.

To contribute something useful, I figure it'll be more toward a smallish loss. The end, however, is not yet in sight. I feel like in a few years there will be a lot of people embarrassed by how wrong they were about WoW dying. But then again I'm sure lots of them will pretend they knew all along.
    Last edited by AttaBoyTroy; 2012-02-09 at 07:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gniral View Post
    next quarter losses are not a problem since every expansion saw a big dip in the subscriptions in the last period before the next xpac.
    subs will go up again with mop.
    can you reference a citation during wotlk late 2010 about a sub drop? I am aware of nothing 11.5m every time they mentioned it.

TBC, of course, hit an all-time-high of 11m in oct 2008, contrary to your assertion.

---------- Post added 2012-02-09 at 07:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AttaBoyTroy View Post
    If all the expert economists, investors and game designers on mmo-champ actually applied their brilliance elsewhere I feel like the economy would fix itself based off AAA game sales alone. Alas, forums are a much better use of their obviously ample talents.

To contribute something useful, I figure it'll be more toward a smallish loss. The end, however, is not yet in sight. I feel like in a few years there will be a lot of people embarrassed by how wrong they were about WoW dying. But then again I'm sure lots of them will pretend they knew all along.
    smart posters know their history - old mmo's don't die, they just fade away towards a lower sustainable sub base.

Wasn't the world event in Oct 08 though? That was totally worth subbing for.

MOP seems to be getting significantly more hate than any of the previous expansions though, it might not be as big a sub restorer as previous ones were.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    can you reference a citation during wotlk late 2010 about a sub drop? I am aware of nothing 11.5m every time they mentioned it.
    TBC, of course, hit an all-time-high of 11m in oct 2008, contrary to your assertion.
    Oct 2008 was when they released the pre-Wrath patch; you just asserted his assertion.