Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    do you play WoW?
    all crafting professions are mostly the same. it doesnt matter what you have. enchanting, JC, Engie, LW, BS. compared to swtor, where everyone has biochem biochem biochem biochem biochem biochem biochem biochem
    Please read what you wrote There is really no difference. "It doesn't matter what you have in WoW. All crafting professions are mostly the same." So what is the point? Its just like everyone having biochem, but putting a prettier label on each one to feel like there is a choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see...all you people bitching that Bioware doesn't know what they're doing. How does buffing multiple Crew Skills work better than nerfing 1? Why would they ever do that instead of making 1 small change and keeping everything in line, rather than make over-the-top changes that would likely make even more problems and would have to do it all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    Let's see...all you people bitching that Bioware doesn't know what they're doing. How does buffing multiple Crew Skills work better than nerfing 1? Why would they ever do that instead of making 1 small change and keeping everything in line, rather than make over-the-top changes that would likely make even more problems and would have to do it all over again.
    Because that nerf doesn't change anything. Biochem is still by far the best crew skill. Everything else, especially Armstech, is terrible.

They should make it so that all the crafting professions provide the same +stats to those that don't have hte profession, but in other ways.

Right now for hardcore raiding you are required to take your armor crafting profession, get your 2 amazing pieces, then drop it and level biochem for the purple stims. If the 2 armor pieces required you to have 400 synth/armortech if you wanted to equip them, then there might be a thought as to which is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Please read what you wrote There is really no difference. "It doesn't matter what you have in WoW. All crafting professions are mostly the same." So what is the point? Its just like everyone having biochem, but putting a prettier label on each one to feel like there is a choice.
    The point is, professions do other things besides give in combat benefits. If your game has only one profession that provides any in combat benefit, then everyone takes that profession, and the others are ignored.

Either they nerf biochem, or buff all the others. Looks like they nerfed biochem

The issue is not that biochem is overpowered really. It is that all the other crewskills are very bad endgame unless you plan on leveling alts and even then with how easy it is to make money you can simply buy full epics for all your other characters. What you are implying is that they should leave the bad crew skills bad and nerf the only useful one.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point is, professions do other things besides give in combat benefits. If your game has only one profession that provides any in combat benefit, then everyone takes that profession, and the others are ignored.

Either they nerf biochem, or buff all the others. Looks like they nerfed biochem
    Exactly what do other professions 'do'? From what I've seen: other professions allow you to craft things that no one in their right mind will buy. Gear is SO easily accessible, nothing really sells.

Exactly what do other professions 'do'? From what I've seen: other professions allow you to craft things that no one in their right mind will buy. Gear is SO easily accessible, nothing really sells.
    Then I must be doing something wrong with all these credits from stuff I've sold...

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    If they'd invested as much thought into designing the other crew skills as they have into nerfing Biochem, crew skills might actually be a matter of choice.

Currently though, the whole Crew Skill system is poorly conceived and very short-sighted.
    I like the whole crew crafting system. But what they need to do is make it so all of the professions are at the same level when you max it out. In other words, don't have it where it is now where Biochem is clearly the best profession you can take. Ideally they would all have the same effectiveness at the end game.

Anyway, instead of nerfing Biochem again I'd rather they have buffed the other professions somehow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
    Then I must be doing something wrong with all these credits from stuff I've sold...
    The only thing I am making money off of are implants I sell, which I sell for 200-300k each. I'm well over 6mill creds and I do my dailies every day. Credits are way too easy to get as well as gear, so the point of all of this is nonexistent.

Deleted
    Btw what is this so called "better swtor community", when all I hear is bitching about some random nerfs all the time.
    WoW kids in space?
    What happens when you send WoW kid to space?
    swtor nerfs.

Spamming and Trolling: Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters - Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-02-03 at 11:53 PM.

Glyphs, enchants, belt buckles, novelty items, gems etc. please stop

Quote Originally Posted by stfouri View Post
    Btw what is this so called "better swtor community", when all I hear is bitching about some random nerfs all the time.
    WoW kids in space?
    What happens when you send WoW kid to space?
    swtor nerfs.
    I'm sorry, but how is this relevant to the thread exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Glyphs, enchants, belt buckles, novelty items, gems etc. please stop
    Uhh, those are all WoW items. I fail to see any relevance to this conversation and thread.

Anyone with any intelligence knew this had to happen. They need to make the blue adrenal mats cheaper as well, or Biochem will still be the profession of choice for raiders.

I chose biochem myself from the outset because it was obvious how op it was. I've currently got some other professions on some alts, but if I hit 50 on the alts I'd drop them and pick up biochem still.

This is a little silly, generally Rakata is the top tier, best stuff you can get, now in the case of Biochem, it would be understandable for it to be available to all. Instead what they have done is make the Rakata stuff "okay", but as soon as you get the drop from the raid, and craft that, you may as well drop the profession, since it doesn't require Biochem.

What this change does:
    Anyone who doesn't have Biochem wins. You buy your reusable, and are happy in the knowledge that it's better than what the Biochem guy can make by default, and you also are happy in the knowledge that you can craft your Rakata item and proc an Augment in it.

If you are a Biochem, you can't craft, Belts, or whatever, and Proc Augments in them.

They've gone too far now in the other direction.

You could argue, well a Biochem now has an easy way to make credits by selling those Exotech things, but eventually people will have their stuff, and people aren't going to buy them for insane prices, and then after that, what are you going to do? The Blue stims won't sell any more either.

To be honest all they need to do is this:

Keep the Rakata stuff as is. Exotech becomes BoE and usable by anyone. Rakata is still slightly better, but by such a minor amount that it is by far not Mandatory any more. For reference, the current difference has Rakata gain +8 Primary Stat and +4 Secondary Stat over a Exotech Stim, a very minor difference. But it makes no sense to then ALSO nerf the Rakata stuff. Just alone making the Exotech stuff usable by anyone you've made Biochem by far no longer mandatory.

I cant even learn my two Exotech patterns. Just gives me an invalid schematic error.

Frustrating.

I see this as being required until they can give all other professions tangible end game benefits.

Lets look at wow:
    LW has bracer enchants
    BS has wrist sockets
    JC has JC gems
    Eng has those synaptic spring things
    Scribes have shoulder chants
    Alchemy has mixology
    Tailor has cloak chants

All these grant within a tolerance of +-3 +80 to your main stat

Now look at SWTOR

Biochem gets adrenals, everyone else gets nothing.

Hopefully this is a temporary nerf until the other profs can gain some similar end game benefit

After playing the beta, inspecting the professions on the trainers and on torhead.com, I knew Biochem is by far the best profession in this game, for PVE and PVP. so I picked it of course
    by now 80% of my guild have biochem, it was just too good and it still is.

I'd rather see them impriving the other professions though, how about enchanting, gemming? giving good profession exclusive mods? I actually expected that, but nothing of that is in the game and its really starting to bother me that the continue nerfing biochem instead of buffing the other professions. because guess what, even after that nerf biochem is still the best profession.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Hey folks... did you ever think that the effort it takes to rebalance all the current crew skills might actually take longer than 1-2 WEEKS?!

Yeah, learn to have some bloody perspective. It's not an EASY fix to make all other skills viable all of a sudden.

They've already stated, like 2 weeks ago, it is in the works, to make the other crew skills more balanced when compared to Biochem. So have some patience. Shesh...

Bunch of instant-gratification new-generation gamers...
    Much like the massive frame rate drop and gpu not being used properly due to their poor engine being fixed is in the "works". No, wait that's wrong, they're putting the blame onto people's machines.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=252808

Don't have too much faith in Bioware at all to fix anything already more than a month for them to give us a thread which can boil down to a;

TL;DR put your settings to low (which has little to no effect).