Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    And what's wrong being a loner and a outcast?

Being "smart" is a very relative term.
    You lack social intelligence because you have focused on another type of intelligence all your life. The trully intelligent people have developed multiple intelligences at once, not just one type.
    Focus on socializing with people and your brain will start to develop neural pathways that perfect this kind of activity.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2012-02-03 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Being "smart" is a very relative term.
    You lack social intelligence because you have focused on another type of intelligence all your life. The trully intelligent people have developed multiple intelligences at once, not just one type.
    Focus on socializing with people and your brain will start to develop neural pathways that perfect this kind of activity.
    There's actually some really exciting study with biofeedback that supports that. People can increase the length and connections of their neural pathways using biofeedback and so increase their intelligence. Has a lot of potential for helping people who have mental illness as well. We can think ourselves smarter. Fun stuff!
    Faith is believing what you know ain't so. Mark Twain 1887

Its knowing when to care and when not to care.
    You can be easily be smart and very social, its about having the ability to ease that judgemental and slightly "know it all" attitude and know when to use it rather than purposely using it to over look a very minor subject which doesn't mean allot at the end of the day.
    The productive thing to avoid reliving moments and dwelling on those annoying events is going out, doing something interesting or productive to the future to keep your mind from focusing on those moments too much.

As you get older, you gain experience when and how to solve situation; even if its as simple as telling apart actually interest or just playfulish flirting. Same goes along with friends, whether or not they are really friends or just someone whom you are friendly with.

Time and a place, pick your battles.

Quote Originally Posted by I No I FeaR I View Post
    But that "social awkwardness" is BECAUSE OF being of higher intelligence and from that point of view other people just don't meet your standards.

I might be socially awkward, but it's because I generally don't have much in common with alot of people and don't have much to talk about with the common person because my general thinking pertains to stuff that most other people have no clue about or just don't care about, therefore I'm the "awkward" quiet one sitting by myself because I would rather just sit by myself and think to myself than to have stupid irrational conversations and gossip about shit.
    Part of intelligence is learning to communicate difficult to understand, complex thoughts to a wide variety of individuals. Your perceived higher level of intelligence (based on the fact that you don't relate to others) is actually a reflection of poor communication skills and the inability to distill your thoughts into something you can translate to many different people. Being the "awkward" person at a table simply means you lack the motivation to connect with others because you've deemed them incapable of understanding or discussing a topic you find interesting. This lack of motivation most likely stems from your social frustration and inability to properly communicate and relate to others. It's not a matter of having a vastly superior brain.

The hard fact is that you may have a stronger grasp on the human condition than others, and find it boring to have small talk, or discuss sports, or TV shows with others. You're still in a state of limbo with yourself, however. You've not yet come to any personal conclusions, and you're still unable to convey many of these thoughts to folks who don't already get it which hardly makes you a strong communicator. Sitting in a group of people who think as much as you, or just as much as you - yes, it will be much easier to talk out the things you've deemed important in your life. If these issues are truly important to you though, the ability to communicate them and discuss them with people who have a much weaker grasp is vastly more important as you'll inevitably get a TON of friction in the conversation if you can get them to engage with you. Once that happens... you'll stir your own thoughts (unless you're very close minded).

The long and short of it is that being the quiet person in the corner will not expand your understanding of the general population which happens to be a huge portion of the world. You've got to be social to understand society. Manipulating conversations and getting others to engage in conversations you find interesting while keeping them open and not feeling judged will deepen your understanding of humans much more than sitting back and judging them silently, assuming they have nothing more than a hamster in their brain on a wheel.

Deleted
    Are you still in school?

if you are:

I suggest you change classes and take some really hard ones =)

When bored it's kinda normal to think about things and think some more about thinking things.
    Do that myself all the time but I kinda like the whole thinking process so I dont really mind.

At the moment I follow Ancient greek with 8 hours of advanced mathematics, keeps me busy during the
    school hours.

Its possible youre taking hard classes, but if not, I suggest you do.

PS: Not a native speaker

Deleted
    There is a reason why alchool ( and other "drugs") are so popular: the simple-minded are blessed.