Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jotad4 View Post
    Well, taking in consideration they're waiting a HUGE time to go from Closed to Open Beta (March), I would guess somewhere from Sept~Nov.

Even then the CB tests would only be 2 and 1/2 months. And an "open" beta wouldn't be as long as a closed beta. And while the hype is high, the release date is near.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Late April / Early May. Leaning towards April.
    March - April will be the beta/stress testing, so sometime after May if they hold the schedule. The closed beta was pretty smooth and there weren't too many issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    March - April will be the beta/stress testing, so sometime after May if they hold the schedule. The closed beta was pretty smooth and there weren't too many issues.
    Heck. The alpha looked like a finished game!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Yes, this is another thing that's quite remarkable. I don't think I've seen game so polished in pre-beta phase as GW2 is.

Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    Yes, this is another thing that's quite remarkable. I don't think I've seen game so polished in pre-beta phase as GW2 is.
    The parts they've shown have looked polished since I can remember seeing them lol.
    Their continuous polishing is remarkable tbh. Never seen a game look so good so early in the development process.

Its out already... I've been playing it for years, its also 2014.

Right click the date in the bottom right hand of your computer and change it. Time travel!

Quote Originally Posted by masterpiece View Post
    Its out already... I've been playing it for years, its also 2014.

Right click the date in the bottom right hand of your computer and change it. Time travel!
    I'm at work and date functions are locked

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I'm at work and date functions are locked
    What horrible company would prevent their workers from time traveling? tsk tsk
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    What horrible company would prevent their workers from time traveling? tsk tsk
    One that doesn't use the best high-grade asuran tech I bet they got a charr to build it...hit it and put some fire in...

One that doesn't use the best high-grade asuran tech I bet they got a charr to build it...hit it and put some fire in...
    I take offense to that. I'm guessing it was the Sylvari, they seem to have no sense of time.. maybe they need the dates to be correct to prevent confusion? Crazy ageless buggers..

10+ Year Old Account
    The first beta lasted 2 weeks Friends and Family only.
    The next beta was for press expected to be 2 weeks we should know within 1 week how that went.

If it also lasts 2 weeks for The media/press beta, then the closed public beta would begin.
    But they did once say they dont want ppl to play out too much like in other beta's example rift and swtor.

They claim the dictionary definition of a beta "Bug squishing and polish".

Ebgames claims the game comes out March, and they have been sued before for discussing games early or selling games early.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I take offense to that. I'm guessing it was the Sylvari, they seem to have no sense of time.. maybe they need the dates to be correct to prevent confusion? Crazy ageless buggers..
    ...silly tree huggers. Surprised they know one end of a sword from the other
    But are they ageless? I just thought none of them had died through aging yet. off topic hehe

10+ Year Old Account
    ...silly tree huggers. Surprised they know one end of a sword from the other
    But are they ageless? I just thought none of them had died through aging yet. off topic hehe
    Only one died, of murder by some asura, who thought it to be a new plant species. and not sentient.

I'm guessing May at the earliest and June is the most likely month. I say this because if they're having Beta Weekends in March & April, I can't see them running these for more than 2 months at most and that would put them into a June release. For all intents and purposes if GW2's Beta Weekends are handled like GW1's, people will be able to preorder and get in making them essentially open to the public. If that is the case the NDA will be dropped as soon as they start the weekend betas. Besides that due to the way ANet handles their testing during Alpha, they don't have a need to have a 5 month public Beta test. Hell, what ANet first showed in 2010 was one of the most polished games I'd ever laid my eyes on and it was in Alpha at literally 3 years of development time. The game has only become more and more polished since that time and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Oh and a little bit of info about iteration/polish.

"At no point in the process is anyone afraid to tear down an area and rebuild it to improve the player experience. Queensdale, the starting map for human characters in our game, is probably the most worked-over part of the world. As I write this, that map is on its 738th version, with an additional 268 combined iterations of the two original halves of the area around Shaemoor Fields."

This was in April 2011.
    Last edited by omlech; 2012-02-02 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Only one died, of murder by some asura, who thought it to be a new plant species. and not sentient.
    Plenty have died, just none from old age. They've died from.. let me check the wiki.... "violence, poison or disease" and have so far sshown 'no signs of aging'.

From an interview with Jeff Grubb and Eric Flannum: "It is unknown how long sylvari live; none have showed signs of aging or have died of old age."

Well...the sylvari also died in Ghosts of Ascalon. As they're fighting the undead down near the grove, I would think a few more have died.
    Curious where you heard about the asura?

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Plenty have died, just none from old age. They've died from.. let me check the wiki.... "violence, poison or disease" and have so far sshown 'no signs of aging'.

From an interview with Jeff Grubb and Eric Flannum: "It is unknown how long sylvari live; none have showed signs of aging or have died of old age."
    And yh, I was talking about aging They're not "immortal" in the elf sense from what I know...but they don't even know themselves lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Yea, I am guessing they have ready game in their hands and are just adding content/final polish to it as they are even planning for press beta this month.

Anet likes to test their game in-house much as possible before giving public access to it. GW1 went from alpha test to beta preview weekends without ever having any long open betas where people could play full game. GW1 beta weekends happened once per month for 6 months before release, but I remember Anet saying something that they want to keep GW2 beta shorter, which hopefully mean more than 1 beta weekend per month.

I am still guessing for April 28 (guild wars birthday) and during March - April 28 they would do beta weekends nearly every weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well...the sylvari also died in Ghosts of Ascalon. As they're fighting the undead down near the grove, I would think a few more have died.
    Curious where you heard about the asura?

And yh, I was talking about aging They're not "immortal" in the elf sense from what I know...but they don't even know themselves lol
    “We must kill them all.” Cadeyrn’s eyes flashed dark gold, and his hand clenched around the hilt of his sword.

“The asura have offered peace. They did not realize that he… They thought he was simply another of the strange plants of the deep Maguuma, mimicking sentience,” Aife told them. “When they realized he was truly aware, they returned him to us.”

“It is not enough! How will Malomedies find peace if he does not take revenge?”

---------- Post added 2012-02-02 at 08:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by leipuri View Post
    Yea, I am guessing they have ready game in their hands and are just adding content/final polish to it as they are even planning for press beta this month.

Anet likes to test their game in-house much as possible before giving public access to it. GW1 went from alpha test to beta preview weekends without ever having any long open betas where people could play full game. GW1 beta weekends happened once per month for 6 months before release, but I remember Anet saying something that they want to keep GW2 beta shorter, which hopefully mean more than 1 beta weekend per month.

I am still guessing for April 28 (guild wars birthday) and during March - April 28 they would do beta weekends nearly every weekend.
    Though it would be cool for the company and fans to release on the birthday of the first game, that is quite a time to wait when the hype is dwindling down, people want to play now.

SNIP
    Ahhh yh ofc...remember reading that now the dream and nightmare blog post.

Deleted
    Though it would be cool for the company and fans to release on the birthday of the first game, that is quite a time to wait when the hype is dwindling down, people want to play now.
    I thought my guess was very optimistic when you consider what Mike O’Brien said in last Arenanet blog.

Here is the part of it that I mean :
    In February we’ll invite select press to participate in beta testing, and in March and April we’ll aggressively ramp up the size of our beta test events so that many of you will have a chance to participate. And of course, this all leads to the release of Guild Wars 2 later this year.
    So open beta weekends should start in March and still going in April, so by very optimistic guess they would release it late April.
    Last edited by mmoca7d06c4104; 2012-02-02 at 09:18 AM.