View Poll Results: Which element?

Voters
195. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fire

    51 26.15%
  • Earth

    34 17.44%
  • Wind

    56 28.72%
  • Water

    54 27.69%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Herald of the Titans Eorayn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,957
    Earth.

    Its just my element.

  2. #42
    Taking Avatar the last air benders logic, if I chose water, during the full moon I cold control other people like puppets, that could be fun.

    Or if I followed Misfits logic, I could contorl the water in someones body that they drank and make them choke to death etc (ok the guy in the show used milk. lactokinesis loool)

    I can swim pretty much forever, although fishes are fugly as hell and scare me ....


    Earth on the other hand, the sh*t Toph Bei Fong (last air BENDER) could do with that element was awesome.


    I guess I would go with Earth, its all around us

  3. #43
    Scarab Lord Robinhoodexe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Posts
    4,188
    Definitely water The source to all life!!
    Congratulations on graduating to expert level trolling, I would stick around but I'm busy getting gay married in 13 states and performing roadside abortions while passing bills that take away people's guns while i sip superior european wine and cheese i bought with european style socialist money, arrivaderci!

  4. #44
    Pandaren Monk GreenFuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The States.
    Posts
    1,918
    Quote Originally Posted by scamander View Post
    Taking Avatar the last air benders logic, if I chose water, during the full moon I cold control other people like puppets, that could be fun.

    Or if I followed Misfits logic, I could contorl the water in someones body that they drank and make them choke to death etc (ok the guy in the show used milk. lactokinesis loool)
    Or that scene in Avatar where Hama (?) used her waterbending to rip the water out of the surrounding plants (killing them). Waterbending has a pretty nasty, dark side to it. But it also has the healing which is sweet.
    The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

  5. #45
    Cookie Monster Radux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    12,911
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Water is the tough one... the other forces would have the most defense against water, unless you can control the h20 in the human body. Floods can be frozen/evaporated, rain storms can be blown away... meh.
    I definitely view water as a much more defensive element opposed to offensive, though there are still plenty of things you can do on the offense.
    - Boil/freeze blood
    - Remove water from the human body
    - Redirect fluids to/from a vital organ
    - Kill all their animals/livestock (with the above)
    - Get rid of all moisture in the air, thus turning a place into a barren wasteland
    - Add way too much moisture, thus creating a swamp
    - Melt polar ice caps
    - Freeze the ocean
    - Hail
    - Blizzards
    - Floods

    The list can go on. My feeling is that if we are talking about Earth (the planet)... there's way more water available to play with than Earth.
    Last edited by Radux; 2012-02-02 at 06:41 AM.

  6. #46
    Herald of the Titans Ihnasir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,596
    FIRE! imagine Beavis... "FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE"

  7. #47
    Scarab Lord -Zait-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Supervillain Club: The Dreaming
    Posts
    4,898
    Wind because its everywhere and i can slice and dice things, mwuahahahaa

  8. #48
    Dreadlord Warlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    904
    Oh water for sure. I would do things like, say a guy was peeing at a urinal. And I just "bended" the urine to go from his bladder straight to his face! Only to go back to his bladder. Ohhhhh the shenanigans I would do...

  9. #49
    Pit Lord Fuger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In A Particle Accelerator
    Posts
    2,377
    Fire- Best power for destruction alone. Since Fire is just oxidization you could possibly control rust. Then you could control the way humans absorb oxygen to the blood. You could make every breathing thing suffocate no matter how hard they breathe. With fire you can ignite the atmosphere, and burn the nitrogen in the air. Yeah... Fire is best.
    Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    Across the pond, we stereotype the average US citizen as being quite dim-witted, albeit due to the poor education standards subject to them by their curriculum.
    Sad to know people think I am stupid.

  10. #50
    Cookie Monster Radux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    12,911
    Just putting some thoughts out there in writing:

    If we abide some minor rules of alchemy (i.e. something can't come from nothing or whatever -- outside of fire in this case, I guess):

    I would very much worry about people using Earth. Shift too much and it will unknowingly cause an earthquake (which you may be able to stop) or cause the city to fall because of how you shifted things.

    You won't screw everyone with Air by redirecting some to somewhere else.
    You won't screw everyone with Fire because... well it's not like there are fields of fire that people rely on or whatever.
    You won't screw people with Water (unless you go REALLY big scale) by redirecting some to another place.

    Frankly, recklessness with this could mean Earth benders would unknowingly kill/screw a lot of people.

  11. #51
    Bloodsail Admiral Magellanmini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fanatic's Tower
    Posts
    1,069
    Uranium :P

    OT: Water because of the possibilities
    Quote Originally Posted by Draenei View Post
    This sound like similar problem I faced on Exodar. You should consult O'ros. O'ros know best for you. Female is tricky subject.

  12. #52
    Pit Lord Fuger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In A Particle Accelerator
    Posts
    2,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Just putting some thoughts out there in writing:

    If we abide some minor rules of alchemy (i.e. something can't come from nothing or whatever -- outside of fire in this case, I guess):

    I would very much worry about people using Earth. Shift too much and it will unknowingly cause an earthquake (which you may be able to stop) or cause the city to fall because of how you shifted things.

    You won't screw everyone with Air by redirecting some to somewhere else.
    You won't screw everyone with Fire because... well it's not like there are fields of fire that people rely on or whatever.
    You won't screw people with Water (unless you go REALLY big scale) by redirecting some to another place.

    Frankly, recklessness with this could mean Earth benders would unknowingly kill/screw a lot of people.
    If you get the fire hot enough you can burn the nitrogen in the air and cause acid rain. Fire can also cause an earthquake if you heat the ionosphere and allow it to cool rapidly so it crashes down over a fault line. With fire you can burn off all the Hydrogen in the atmosphere causing it to rain. With fire you can create a high pressure zone in the atmosphere moving the jet stream causing the eastern US to become as cold as the arctic.

    Just saying...
    Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    Across the pond, we stereotype the average US citizen as being quite dim-witted, albeit due to the poor education standards subject to them by their curriculum.
    Sad to know people think I am stupid.

  13. #53
    Nah, messing with air patterns and jet streams could change the climate for the entire earth.

    And actually, when China built their big new dam, the earth shifted slightly on its axis as the water level across the world stabilized. Imagine that. Humans damned up so much water that we managed to change how the earth floats through space. Monumental and worrying.

  14. #54
    Air, so I could fly.
    What do rogues and noobs have in common?

    -They both pick locks

  15. #55
    Cookie Monster Radux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    12,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    If you get the fire hot enough you can burn the nitrogen in the air and cause acid rain. Fire can also cause an earthquake if you heat the ionosphere and allow it to cool rapidly so it crashes down over a fault line. With fire you can burn off all the Hydrogen in the atmosphere causing it to rain. With fire you can create a high pressure zone in the atmosphere moving the jet stream causing the eastern US to become as cold as the arctic.

    Just saying...
    That would be intentional, though. All the elements could be destructive as hell if they intend to. My point there was that Earth would unknowing kill a lot of people while potentially trying to help others.

  16. #56
    Brewmaster Aristeia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,493
    You know I guess it would make sense in the context of magical elemental powers that you could create fire basically out of nothing since the energy to manipulate earth, wind or water is already apparently coming out of nothing. Ah ha so that mystery is solved!
    The earth is not a cold dead place

  17. #57
    Pit Lord Fuger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In A Particle Accelerator
    Posts
    2,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    That would be intentional, though. All the elements could be destructive as hell if they intend to. My point there was that Earth would unknowing kill a lot of people while potentially trying to help others.
    I think all elements could do that. Earth is just the safest in my opinion. Unless you try moving gigantic pieces of earth it is really safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    Across the pond, we stereotype the average US citizen as being quite dim-witted, albeit due to the poor education standards subject to them by their curriculum.
    Sad to know people think I am stupid.

  18. #58
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,040
    Where does lightning fall?

    I've always been a fan of electrokinesis. I think The Last Airbender grouped it under firebending...
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  19. #59
    Bloodsail Admiral ImpTaimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    There is no location, only Zuul
    Posts
    1,220
    The element of surprise!
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

  20. #60
    Cookie Monster Radux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    12,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    I think all elements could do that. Earth is just the safest in my opinion. Unless you try moving gigantic pieces of earth it is really safe.
    Yeah i was thinking grand scale, thus my list above where you first quoted me. Earth would just cause the most collateral, imo.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •