Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by daelyn View Post
    Anything that affects critical damage only is additive with Surge (as Bleedout under the new system would be). Anything that affects total damage (as Bleedout is currently bugged to) is multiplicative with the base damage. Ie. if we have an effect that deals 100 damage and we have 10% crit for 50% damage, and we had two effects, one that increased total damage by 30% and one that increased crit damage by 30%, we have:

    Base damage = 100 * (1 + Crit * Surge) = 100 * (1 + 0.1 * 0.5) = 100 * 1.05 = 105 damage
    With 30% damage = (100*1.3) * (1 + Crit * Surge) = 130*1.05 = 136.5 damage
    With 30% crit damage = 100 * (1 + Crit * (Surge + 0.3)) = 100 * (1 + 0.1 * (0.5 + 0.3)) = 100 * (1 + 0.1 * 0.8) = 100 * 1.08 = 108 damage

    You can easily test this in-game with crit damage increasing talents.

    On a side note, if it looks odd, multiplying average non-crit damage by (1 + Crit * Surge), with crit being your percentage crit change and surge being the portion of your crit modifier greater than 100% (ie. if your crit multiplier is 162%, Surge in this case would be 62%), gives you your averaged damage including crits. You can actually prove this with a little algebra starting from the more intuitive equation:

    AverageDamage = NonCritAvg * Crit * (1 + Surge) + NonCritAvg * (1 - Crit)
    How is a crit with 100 base damage and 50% surge only 105 damage?
    Or am i missing something here?

  2. #22
    It's averaged damage, 100 damage per hit, 150 damage per crit, 10% crit chance -> 105 average damage.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by abijax View Post
    It's averaged damage, 100 damage per hit, 150 damage per crit, 10% crit chance -> 105 average damage.
    Ah yea, reading comprehension ftw.
    Need to head back home to see if that is really true.
    It makes sense that the 30% crit damage from the talent is just additive, but it also makes sense that its multiplicative.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Death field heals for like 120-140 per target hit right now doesn't it? So about 420 max, but with the new change Death Field will heal for about 900 health on a player with 15k health. Plus all 3 of the dots will be giving you 300 health per tick (at 15k health). They're pretty much doubling the healing you do when your madness, I'll be interested in see the changes in PvP.
    the dot ticks heal only then they crit.
    I'm wondering if this only affects the assassins madness tree or the sorcerer's too.

  5. #25
    Lot's of good changes, I'm a bit sad for BioChem but the rest is full of win.

  6. #26
    Facial animations no longer fail to play correctly in some instances.
    I like this one. No more telepaths talking in my head!
    This signature contains no longer contains any links to helpful and useful ToR related websites, like it once did.
    Advertisements for non-beneficial and/or non-World of Warcraft related websites,
    businesses and/or organisations are not allowed on MMO-Champion.

    Because of the added game sections, please consider adjusting this rule to reflect links within those games sections.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulledtea View Post
    Bleedout only applies to critical strike damage, so the multiplication of 1.30 on normal cannot be applied. Further, the old system of hemmorrhage was 1.06, not 1.04.
    Following your sample, the damage under the old system woul be
    NORMAL 131*1.06=138.86
    CRIT 131*1.06*1.30*1.7=307

    Under the new system, the damage would be this:
    NORMAL 131*1.15=150.65
    CRIT 131*1.15*1.30*1.7=333.
    There is a damage increase. Your calculations were slightly off because on the calculation of the new system, you added the damage multipliers while in the old system you multiplied them with the base damage.
    That would be true if the old system worked the way the tooltips described them. In our old Annihilation thread we long ago proved that Hemorrhage and Bleedout did not work as intended. Bleedout actually provided 30% multiplicative damage increase to Rupture and Deadly Saber.

    If you compare what the old system described itself, it could be considered a dps increase. However, since the old system worked completely different and provided more damage than they intended, this is a dps loss for actual in game numbers.
    SithWarrior.com - #1 TOR class and game mechanics forums
    Theorycrafting all Empire and Republic classes

  8. #28
    Would the marauder changes make them a better choice for dps over jugg now?

  9. #29
    The Lightbringer shadowkras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    3,011
    If Sprint was active when a player died, it now remains active when the player is revived.
    Mother of god...Thank you.

    So pretty much I can take Sprint off my bars completely. Why is it even an ability? Just to annoy players for the first 13 levels when rolling a new alt?
    FYI, Sprint isnt active in combat.
    Last edited by shadowkras; 2012-02-02 at 01:41 PM.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

    www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

  10. #30
    Fluffy Kitten Ragnarocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Near Charybdis
    Posts
    1,389
    If Sprint was active when a player died, it now remains active when the player is revived.
    Oh sweet lord, thank goodness. I cannot count how many times I've forgotten to reactivate my sprint.

    Bonus Series missions on Tatooine can now be abandoned.
    That was the only one I couldn't abandon! Woot!!
    Time to fear the Reaper

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by shoooter View Post
    So pretty much I can take Sprint off my bars completely. Why is it even an ability? Just to annoy players for the first 13 levels when rolling a new alt?
    There is the rare occasion when hunting datacrons, walking along ledges, where I turn sprint off so I can move more precisely.

  12. #32
    Fluffy Kitten
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,171
    Hmmm, I'm still waiting for them to fix the bug in Huttball where a Vanguard can grapple a ball carrier up to their spawn and instantly kill them.

    If Sprint was active when a player died, it now remains active when the player is revived.
    *falls to his knees, crying with joy*

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyunckel View Post
    Lot's of good changes, I'm a bit sad for BioChem but the rest is full of win.
    I was looking around GTN last night, and for the life of me I couldn't come up with a reason for me to be armstech at lvl 50 and not biotech. Unlimited stims that are better than the single use ones? Armstech has Nothing BoP, or "Requires 340 Armstech" to make you want to have the skill. A few more changes to Biotech, or additions to Armstech and then they will be more in line with eachother.

    Does anyone have good examples as to why, for end game, you would want to be anything other than Biotech? (and making money is not an example, as you can make plenty from biochem crafting consumables)

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    I was looking around GTN last night, and for the life of me I couldn't come up with a reason for me to be armstech at lvl 50 and not biotech. Unlimited stims that are better than the single use ones? Armstech has Nothing BoP, or "Requires 340 Armstech" to make you want to have the skill. A few more changes to Biotech, or additions to Armstech and then they will be more in line with eachother.

    Does anyone have good examples as to why, for end game, you would want to be anything other than Biotech? (and making money is not an example, as you can make plenty from biochem crafting consumables)
    Rakata Bracers and Belt with augmentation slots?

  15. #35
    Fluffy Kitten
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    Does anyone have good examples as to why, for end game, you would want to be anything other than Biotech? (and making money is not an example, as you can make plenty from biochem crafting consumables)
    There really isn't any reason. My personal opinion is that they need to buff the crafting professions to have them be of benefit at end game. Something like passive stat boosts, or a BOP item or two (like a mod or earpiece) that are on par with BiS.
    Last edited by Dakia; 2012-02-02 at 02:05 PM.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    r BOP a BOP item or two (like a mod or earpiece) that are on par with BiS.
    you mean like the Rakata bracers and belt armormech has?

    If they give an increase chance in Criting for the augment slot as Geroge has been quoted on it'll make me very happy getting better bracers ten rakata with a little bit of mat grinding..works for me.

  17. #37
    Fluffy Kitten
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,171
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    you mean like the Rakata bracers and belt armormech has?

    If they give an increase chance in Criting for the augment slot as Geroge has been quoted on it'll make me very happy getting better bracers ten rakata with a little bit of mat grinding..works for me.
    We probably need to see more benefit out of the crafting professions. Unless Bio was completely overpowered compared to wha they wanted it to be.

  18. #38
    No fix for tank stats in PvP?
    WoW PvP; Where DPS are healers, tanks are DPS, and healers are tanks!

    RETH RETH RETH!

  19. #39
    Fluffy Kitten Ragnarocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Near Charybdis
    Posts
    1,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    There really isn't any reason. My personal opinion is that they need to buff the crafting professions to have them be of benefit at end game. Something like passive stat boosts, or a BOP item or two (like a mod or earpiece) that are on par with BiS.
    I agree with this, even if it's nothing more than some mods that can be used to make your orange gear better than what you can find at end-game. I think BW recognizes this though, they seem to be looking at the end trade-skills lately.

    I'd enjoy something like a passive bonus for being a 400 level "whatever" as well, it worked well with WoW's system once they figured it out.
    Time to fear the Reaper

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    you mean like the Rakata bracers and belt armormech has?
    Quote Originally Posted by leetsushi View Post
    Rakata Bracers and Belt with augmentation slots?
    Armstech has no bracers or belt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •