Poll: What's your favorite Nintendo franchise?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by redruMPanda View Post
    Why the hell do you speak in 3rd person? I see you around on here all the time...You having a small group of followers I think has finally pushed you off the deep end or something.

Redrumpanda grew up on Super Mario. The very first game he has ever played was Super Mario World, and Iggy was the first boss he has ever beaten. He has received the least amount of disappointment from that series, much less than other's he has played. He enjoys the lore, loves the characters, absolutely adores the music, and can lose himself quickly in each of the games.

See what I mean? Shit gets creepy man...
    I believe he's always done that. It's his little thing, I suppose and he's been around long enough to back it up =)

OT: I forgot to mention my love for Zelda aswell, but it's not my favorite franchise. I've felt most of them has been too incomplete for my taste. But their games are generally good. Especially Skyward Sword feels to me, if you can take off the nostalgia glasses, to be the best installment in their franchise so far. And if it just gets better from here, we've got alot of good Zelda games ahead of us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Donkey Kong. Haven't played any of the newer DK games but I loved the older ones.

Also, R.I.P Rare. 1982-2002.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
    Donkey Kong. Haven't played any of the newer DK games but I loved the older ones.

You should try Donkey Kong Country Returns if you ever have a chance to, it's a really fantastic call back to the older games.

It pains me to not say Kirby, but my love for Zelda is far too great. It's really the first game I can remember (watching my brother play A Link to the Past when I was about 3 or maybe even 2, who the hell knows). It's not even just nostalgia, the games are probably the most well put together and handled very well series I have ever played. A lot of love goes into those games and it shows.

I have to say Zelda as well. A close second would be Pokemon, and then after that a tie between Earthbound, Mario, and Professor Layton. I was never a big Star Fox fan, though I enjoyed Assault and 64. Kirby's awesome too, but not as good as Mario. I've only really played the first 2 Donkey Kong Countries, though I have the new one sitting around.

Zelda games are amazing though. OoT was one of the first games I ever played, and Skyward Sword is probably the best game I've ever played. Each of the games has something awesome about it though (except for 2 I didn't find that great).

10+ Year Old Account
    Zelda, then Pokemon, then Mario. Zelda for the puzzles in the dungeons and whatnot. Pokemon cuz pokemon. And Mario b/c that's what got me started on gaming :3

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Metroid. I also cannot believe Metroid has so few votes...

I like a number of the Nintendo franchises, but my favorite, by far, is: The Legend of Zelda. Not only are they great games just because they are great games (for various reasons: great stories, fun adventures, etc), but I've got a great sense of nostalgia toward the series.

I was introduced to the series by some friends around age 12/13 and the first game I played was the Ocarina of Time. We would stay up as late as possible on weekends trying to beat the game as fast as possible. I don't think there's been a Zelda released since then that I haven't played.

10+ Year Old Account
    <3 Zelda
    <3 Metroid

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Metroid. I also cannot believe Metroid has so few votes...
    Yep, Metroid is freaking awesome. Especially on the good old SNES.

Kirby, no discussion. Although my 2 favorite games are Metroid, Kirby has released more games that really have made me enjoy the franchise a little more than Metroid. Metroid has Metroid 2, Prime 2, 3, Other M as main games that I really don't care about compared to the other games, dissapointments tbh (Other M was good though, just not as good as the rest of the franchises' games, same for Metroid 2). Kirby keeps on satisfying me with each main game, not so much for the spin-off games though, but I didn't list Metroid Prime Pinball, now did I?
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-02-02 at 07:46 PM.

My favourite Nintendo franchise is Fire Emblem.

Good story, tactical RPG style which i love, nice classes diversity, etc.

Mario, Yoshi and Donkey Kong for me, but I loved the Donkey Kong Country series the most of all. I played it when I was young, and I still play it to these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer View Post

I've played the new one, only the first mission might bring back some memories, but the following not so. I personally prefer the old ones, but the new one has some insane challenges.

Also Rare isn't dead, but they're not the same company as they used too

10+ Year Old Account
    Zelda for me, but then again I haven't even played all of them. Zelda is the only one though that has consistently pulled me back when it comes to it or Mario (though I have nothing against Mario, seeing as I haven't really played much of his games). I do plan on playing them all though, I feel like I've missed so much in not taking full advantage of Nintendo's creativity as a child.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

QQ Why can't I choose 2?

Zelda=Metroid

Quote Originally Posted by Prostyle View Post
    QQ Why can't I choose 2?

Zelda=Metroid
    Because Less is More?

Banjo-Kazooie. Although a Rare creation, it was still in partnership with Nintendo. 2 games of pure imagination, fun, GREAT MUSIC, and relatively high difficulty. Nuts and Bolts ain't got notin' on Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie. If Rare was the way it used to be this franchise would be through the roof, i guarantee it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Zelda. No questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    as hard as it is for me to say this....i have to go with pokemon. i LOVE all of nintendo's franchises but pokemon means the most to me simply because i played the hell out of every one of those games since i got pokemon blue when i was 10. none of their other series have i actually gotten other merchandise besides the games (until recently anyway) for.

i had toys, clothes, bed sheets....you name it....as a child i had pokemon stuff coming out of my ears.

Pokémon with Zelda close.

I love Zelda, Metroid and Mario as well but I grew up playing Pokémon on my Gameboy.
    Last edited by LeVvE; 2012-02-03 at 02:57 AM.

Pokemon isn't really a Nintendo franchise, is it? Nintendo just is the platform they use for games.

I voted Zelda. Too many good times with Link to the Past, though Mario is close with Super Mario World.
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    My favorite Nintendo franchise was Dragon Warrior.. (not dragon quest)

followed by the first 3 Final Fantasy games..

first two Breath of Fire games..
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432