10+ Year Old Account
    http://i.imgur.com/dfSPX.jpg

This is probably the best use of "R-Money" I've seen yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    I havent but I've played a lot of Assassins Creed 2 so that's basically the same, right?
    I have not played AC2, but am really not sure what angle he is coming from. My first reaction that I posted, was because I assumed the use of devil was related to religion's view of the book as work of the devil. I was reading prince a long time a go on a train and actually had a very nice old lady come up to me and tell me to throw the book out because it's the work of the devil. I just smiled and continued reading.

But, when arguing the influence neocons or a section of republican party had. To equate that influence with a man who wrote a blue print for a dictatorship. Shouldn't be used as an excuse, but validate the horrible influence they have over the republican party.

15+ Year Old Account
    Someone might have mentioned this and it isn't exactly on topic, but I have to type it out so it stops driving me crazy. Mitt Romney gave actual proof that he is 100% fucking lying about his tax reduction plan actually adding up using real math during the debate. He said repeatedly it adds up and various studies confirm it adds up. That is an outright lie. And here is why:

During the debate, Mitt Romney finally gave a specific example of a policy under his tax plan that would go into place and would fund some of that 20% tax cut on everyone (I'm including the ultra wealthy since he said repeatedly up to the debate they were included). That specific example was that deductions would be limited to $25,000. There are several HUGE problems with that number though. Before settling on that number, Mitt Romney said when discussing the deduction limit "Pick a number, lets go with $25,000." There are two problems with that. Number one, a week ago that number was $17,000 when he first brought it up. Since then he has said $17,000, $20,000 and now $25,000 in the debate. That is a change of $8,000. When extrapolated to the entire country we are talking hundreds of BILLIONS of dollars difference between $17,000 and $25,000 deduction cap over the next decade. That means there is another problem. THE MATH DOESN'T EXIST. That isn't how math works! You can't have a certain portion of your plan, the only portion he is willing to even mention, vacillates by billions and billions of dollars. If the MATH actually existed and had been shown to work, that number would be in stone. That is how math works. You can't build this complex equation to balance out tax cuts and then change the number drastically let alone say "Pick a number" when you are explaining how it works. The number must exist in ink for the math to even work. You can't take 2+2=4 and say it is the same thing as 2+ "a number, I don't know, pick one between 1 and 470"=4. That isn't how math actually works in the real world.

That alone serves as absolute proof that Romney is lying about his tax plan adding up. They can't even decide the value of a single number in a complex list of them and that number is the only one Romney will admit exists on the list. It is voodoo, fairy dust, candy land, nonsense math.

Fun time story time, I left Walmart about an hour ago. Lady in front of me, a large white lady who looked quite poor based on clothing appearance, used a bridge card to pay for her food. I checked out and passed her in the parking lot as she was unloading her cart. Her car had three Romney Ryan stickers on it. It is shocking that people are that stupid.

@Conscript: I can't say I am shocked. When he was asked: "What if the math doesn't add up?" and his response saying "Of course it adds up" I knew he was full of shit. You wanna know why?

Because anything at this point is a proposal, the numbers aren't static. You cannot say if they add up at this point or not.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Fun time story time, I left Walmart about an hour ago. Lady in front of me, a large white lady who looked quite poor based on clothing appearance, used a bridge card to pay for her food. I checked out and passed her in the parking lot as she was unloading her cart. Her car had three Romney Ryan stickers on it. It is shocking that people are that stupid.
    We've hit the point that reality has no bearing on the beliefs of a growing percentage of voters.

http://thinkprogress.org/election/20...e-watch-party/

“Did you notice the Muslim Islamic marriage inscription on Obama’s wedding ring?” a woman nearby asked me. I said I hadn’t. “He’s got an Islamic wedding ring that he got when he turned 16 from the head of the Islamic church,” she explained. “Michelle doesn’t have that because she’s not Muslim but he is.”

Why does he hide his supposed-faith, I asked. “He wants America to go broke, because he doesn’t want America to succeed. He wants America to be taken over by the Islamic world,” she told me.

The conversation then turned to Obama’s family. “Did you know his grandmother, his mother, Michelle, and him are all card-carrying members of the Communist Party?” she asked. “We’ve got copies of their cards and the numbers,” offering to email a scanned copy when I expressed skepticism.

“You haven’t done much research on Obama,” the woman told me. I asked what websites I could visit to learn more; she recommend WND.com, a birther-haven whose editor-in-chief has blamed natural disasters on the growing acceptance of homosexuality.

Someone might have mentioned this and it isn't exactly on topic, but I have to type it out so it stops driving me crazy. Mitt Romney gave actual proof that he is 100% fucking lying about his tax reduction plan actually adding up using real math during the debate. He said repeatedly it adds up and various studies confirm it adds up. That is an outright lie. And here is why:

During the debate, Mitt Romney finally gave a specific example of a policy under his tax plan that would go into place and would fund some of that 20% tax cut on everyone (I'm including the ultra wealthy since he said repeatedly up to the debate they were included). That specific example was that deductions would be limited to $25,000. There are several HUGE problems with that number though. Before settling on that number, Mitt Romney said when discussing the deduction limit "Pick a number, lets go with $25,000." There are two problems with that. Number one, a week ago that number was $17,000 when he first brought it up. Since then he has said $17,000, $20,000 and now $25,000 in the debate. That is a change of $8,000. When extrapolated to the entire country we are talking hundreds of BILLIONS of dollars difference between $17,000 and $25,000 deduction cap over the next decade. That means there is another problem. THE MATH DOESN'T EXIST. That isn't how math works! You can't have a certain portion of your plan, the only portion he is willing to even mention, vacillates by billions and billions of dollars. If the MATH actually existed and had been shown to work, that number would be in stone. That is how math works. You can't build this complex equation to balance out tax cuts and then change the number drastically let alone say "Pick a number" when you are explaining how it works. The number must exist in ink for the math to even work. You can't take 2+2=4 and say it is the same thing as 2+ "a number, I don't know, pick one between 1 and 470"=4. That isn't how math actually works in the real world.

That alone serves as absolute proof that Romney is lying about his tax plan adding up. They can't even decide the value of a single number in a complex list of them and that number is the only one Romney will admit exists on the list. It is voodoo, fairy dust, candy land, nonsense math.

What bothered me more is that when asked about what he would do if the math didn't add up, he pretty much simply said "Of course it adds it. I've been in business and I know how to make it add up." That might be more reassuring if he was specifically noted for his integrity and his honesty, but the guy who won't show his taxes and won't show his tax plans and has been caught lying so much already now says "trust me"?

The reasonable answer I would expect from a reasonable person would be "I am confident that the numbers add up, but if something unexpected happens and they cannot be made to work at that time, then some of my plans details might have to be altered in their implementation." Not "of course they add up".

People say politicians are scum and liars. People say they don't trust salesmen. And then people take the salesman-politician at face value when he deliberately hides the details and says "trust me" on so many things.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    We've hit the point that reality has no bearing on the beliefs of a growing percentage of voters.
    One ring to rule them all, One ring to bind them
    One ring to bring them all and in Islam bind them

One ring to rule them all, One ring to bind them
    One ring to bring them all and in Islam bind them
    You know what they say in Counter-Strike...

Terrorists Win!

Here's a fairly lengthy article, but worth the read. Basically it outlines why Romney would have been for letting Detroit go bankrupt, and how even with the bailout the billionaires manipulated the situation to fire workers, offshore jobs, rob pensions, and make themselves even more money and get to blame it on Obama. Sickening.

Conservatives complain that liberals denigrate and attack success. No. They attack scumbags who act in scumbag ways like these people did in order to make more money.

http://www.thenation.com/article/170...ilout-bonanza#

Forgot to add: Romney ended up making HUGE money from the bailout. Estimates are between $100-$150 million. Thanks to his "blind trust" managed by one of his key supporters, and of course offshore tax havens, etc.
    Last edited by ptwonline; 2012-10-18 at 06:04 PM.

But hey, even after being quoted saying that Detroit should go bankrupt in a op-ed titled "Let Detroit Go Bankrupt," the claim that Romney thinks that Detroit should simply go bankrupt is only half-true.

Balance!

But hey, even after being quoted saying that Detroit should go bankrupt in a op-ed titled "Let Detroit Go Bankrupt," the claim that Romney thinks that Detroit should simply go bankrupt is only half-true.

Balance!
    Romney did say it on another occasion if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Romney did say it on another occasion if I recall correctly.
    Not disputing that, but it's indicative of how the obsession with "fair and balanced!" reporting is screwing up national discourse. Romney gets caught out in a howling error (I'm being charitable) at the debate, and Politifact bends over backwards to keep the "you see, both sides do it!" narrative going so that pundits don't whine about how conservatives are being picked on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at 538, and right now the projected popular vote sits at 50.1% Obama to 48.9% Romney. The margin of error that is given for that particular set of data is +- 2.8%.

I understand that the predicted odds of winning are in Obama's favor by roughly 30%, but I have imagine that this is going to be a very close election.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    I understand that the predicted odds of winning are in Obama's favor by roughly 30%, but I have imagine that this is going to be a very close popular vote tally.
    Fixed that for you.

"Election" is a somewhat malleable term. The popular vote is statistically tied, but the electoral map combined with state-by-state popular votes still gives Obama the lead.

Although if recent trending maintains then you will likely be right on both accounts.

---------- Post added 2012-10-18 at 01:55 PM ----------

Ok -- so this just popped up on my facebook feed. I'm a bit skeptical if true and don't want to listen to political audio at work...

http://www.politicususa.com/audio-re...bama-wins.html
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

I am continually shocked with any low-income or lower middle class people who vote against their economic interest like these people do with the Republican party. The ONLY thing I can think they think the Republican party is more holy than the Democratic, which given any history, is continually disproven when the holier than though Christian Republicans are closest homosexuals or just child molesters. Not saying any Democratic is immune to the same thing, but when one claims to be holier than the other, you have to call it out.

http://www.amazon.com/Avery-Durable-...ws/B001B0CTMU/

I'm not sure what's worse than going "viral," but I think we just found out.

I just got that link lmfao.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Ok -- so this just popped up on my facebook feed. I'm a bit skeptical if true and don't want to listen to political audio at work...

Don't know why you would be skeptical if true. Jump to the 26 minute mark. He literally says for employers to tell their employees how voting for a certain candidate will effect the future of this business.

I hope you make it very clear to your employees what you believe is in the best interest of your enterprise and therefore their job and their future this election. Whether you agree with me or President Obama or whatever your political views, I hope you pass those along to your employees. There is nothing illegal about you talking to your employees about what you believe is best for the business because I think that will figure into their election decision.
    Best part is at the very end when he says to pass messages along to him on what you think is best through the NFIB, a lobbyist organization. There might not be nothing illegal about telling people how they should vote as a company, thanks Citizens "United," but it is incredibly immoral to threaten someones job like the Cock brothers and others have done. Romney's comments amount to his belief that employees are slaves to their owners. They should vote for the candidate that best serves the interest of their employer because maybe, JUST MAYBE those benefits will trickle on down to them. Sure that candidate might kill off everything those families rely on like their mortgage, child, and interest deductions, but if he is in the best interest of their boss, who in the case of most of those who have actually wrote to their employees are billionaires, then they should vote for that guy.

I seriously can not wait for November until Mitt goes and crawls back under his rock for four more years.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-10-18 at 07:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fixed that for you.

"Election" is a somewhat malleable term. The popular vote is statistically tied, but the electoral map combined with state-by-state popular votes still gives Obama the lead.

Although if recent trending maintains then you will likely be right on both accounts.
    Fair point. I had forgotten the electoral vote.

10+ Year Old Account

What they quoted is what he said on the audio. I think the second link takes you directly to it.

---------- Post added 2012-10-18 at 07:42 PM ----------

That is funny...