10+ Year Old Account
    Oh hey, Oblivion's back. Did you find where I said that the Obama already won?

Most people in this thread are down with a severe case of Romneysia, thankfully this can be resolved with treatment (for the most part) via ObamaCare.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Eh, I don't know that I'd go to the extent of calling him a pedophile. Marrying teenagers isn't exactly an historical reality. Shit gets weird with them later, but there's a chunk during which they're portrayed as having a fairly healthy sexual relationship, IIRC.
    I know what you meant.

But yes, to marrying a teenager today is seen as pedophelia, so that relationship isnt considered normal or healthy, afaik.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    This may come as a shock, but gays exist. They are part of our society and part of our culture. Back in the 50s we used to pretend black people didn't exist on television. Every tv family was whiter than the fresh fallen snow on Christmas morning and minorities only existed to play bit parts. Move forward into the 21st century, not the 20th. Don't be a supporter of "traditional values" when that actually means supporting bigotry and discrimination. You'd think people would have learned by now with the rampant segregation barely 50 years ago. But then again, I'm sure a lot of people around this country wouldn't mind going back to segregating blacks so there is no hope of them supporting gays, women's rights, etc.. Although you think they would be almost alright with homosexuals in a sense because, as the great George Carlin once said, who gets fewer abortions than the gays?
    Reminds me of this video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8JsRx2lois

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Oh hey, Oblivion's back. Did you find where I said that the Obama already won?
    No, you can't ask Oblivion questions or he plays the victim card. Because we are so mean to the poor little guy because we disagree with him and point out holes in his arguments.

Infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-10-26 at 07:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    So HBO was handed a script for a show with extreme violence, nudity, incest, sex scenes and monsters... and they only thing that bothered them was no gay sex scenes so they added it to the show even though it wasn't in the books?
    It's called capitalism, you air what sells. Unless you are insinuating an alternative motive...

Anyone else think that if Oblivionx reads fantasy his favorite series and the pinnacle of literature to him is the SoT series by Goodkind?

10+ Year Old Account
    You have two choices when you start feeling gay characters get inserted into TV shows. You either think it's reflection of general public welcoming such characters, or you think there is some conspiracy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Anyone else think that if Oblivionx reads fantasy his favorite series and the pinnacle of literature to him is the SoT series by Goodkind?
    Omg do the SoT books preach Ayn Rand theories? Wikipedia totally says he is a big proponent of hers.

Also you have no idea how bad I want to make a religious joke about fantasy books and the GOP right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    You have two choices when you start feeling gay characters get inserted into TV shows. You either think it's reflection of general public welcoming such characters, or you think there is some conspiracy.

Most people who think it's a conspiracy tend to be riddled with a set of closet issues themselves.

This place is going to be amazing when Obama loses.

It's going to be the funniest thing ever.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Omg do the SoT books preach Ayn Rand theories? Wikipedia totally says he is a big proponent of hers.

Also you have no idea how bad I want to make a religious joke about fantasy books and the GOP right now.
    The GOP loves their fantasy books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Judging by his posts, going down the road of reading fantasy, will simply lead us to realism. After all, I bet he thinks the best fantasy he has recently read was the recent job numbers.

Your avatar pic accurately depicts how angry you really are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vokal View Post
    The GOP loves their fantasy books.
    I always thought they got some of their ideas of government policy from Mistborn...

You have absolutely no idea. The main character will kick your daughter (a princess, mind you) in the face, breaking her jaw, while yelling "CAPITALISM!".
    The importance of any woman to the main plot of each book is equal to how close she is to being raped in each book.
    Poor Richard Rahl (protagonist) has to use his Capitalist Powers to fight of the big mean evil communist nation who only wants to rape and destroy.

Also, evil chickens are totally a treat.

But yes, the first book is an ok book from a new author with some ok ideas. Then the entire series devolves into Goodkinds' love for Ayn Rand and his personal stances. It is generally considered some of the worst fantasy ever written by people who read a lot.

Edit -> also, Goodkind 'doesn't write fantasy'. He writes 'real life'. Oh, and when asked in an interview in the early '00s about who was the most influential writer currently writing books, his answer was 'Ayn Rand'. I just... ugh.

Edit 2 -> http://aidanmoher.com/blog/2009/12/a...ll-an-asshole/
    Last edited by obdigore; 2012-10-26 at 04:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

How much you want to bet, other than your gloating, the general reaction will be our best impersonation of Atlas... as we all shrug...

Deleted

You there:

Have you read the books out of interest? In fact, have you even watched the gay scene that you're complaining about? You originally complained that it included a cock when it does not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vokal View Post
    Your avatar pic accurately depicts how angry you really are.
    That's projection on your part, that's Darth Sidious laughing.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's projection on your part, that's Darth Sidious laughing.
    Which is fitting, really. What with the dark side and all that.